• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 10, 2006 - 12/10/06 Wonder

neckhardt said:
My kids are looking forward to running around the ship delivering presents. I don't think a schedule is necessary, let's just say have them delivered by Tuesday night. No need to get them out all in the same day either.

Just my 2 cents though.

Neal
I guess as far as the gift delivery is concerned, everyone can do their own thing, that works for me

We have early seating as well.

We may give out our presents during the meet Sunday afternoon (?). I am worried about touching base with everyone after that and leaving the gifts out by the door. DO you think someone would take them if we leave them out?

Might have good news about the job - I think I have 3 of the 6 votes for sure (though not certain on the only one that counts really). I really want to have it all decided by the time we leave!

ktpool said:
We have early seating as well.

We may give out our presents during the meet Sunday afternoon (?). I am worried about touching base with everyone after that and leaving the gifts out by the door. DO you think someone would take them if we leave them out?

Might have good news about the job - I think I have 3 of the 6 votes for sure (though not certain on the only one that counts really). I really want to have it all decided by the time we leave!
Hey i will keep my fingers crossed for the job for you, i personally will not leave gifts in the hall, i thought about it at one tme but i do not want to chance anyone taking the items,

I tried to get on the Atlantis website and was not able to reserve a room. I guess I will try again later.
Are we have a Pirates of the Caribbean themed dinner?
I hope to have dinner at 8pm as well.
I guess I get in bed and read my Passporter (again).

Nicki

I am all for Sunday after the sail away party. Gifts then too. Great icebreaker if there are shy ones out there. I am saying this but however yall want to do it. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you.

Rina - Great picture!!! I admit I dont have a clue who carlos is but sounds like he is a comedian. I love comedy.

Alexandnessa(I am sorry but I am drawing a blank on your name) I hope to start tanning tomorrow. I have to make sure that I dont have to wait after the medicine. I am only going to go maybe seven minutes the first time. I hate that I couldnt start two weeks ago.

kristen - Good luck...sounds promising.

Andrea - I have a problem when it comes to saying no too!!! I fuss about William doing the same thing and I am just as bad if not worse. Most all of mine involves my children. Alot of times its for my customers having a new tv delivered or their furniture or something silly. William is like cant they wait for their own stuff? Im like they wouldnt ask me if they didnt need me.

Today my sister got my Christmas Party door prizes wrapped all but three. She wrapped 22 and left 3. :confused3 She lives 20 minutes away. She also has to put the bows and ribbons too so I guess thats ok.

I got my cards folded and in the envelopes, now all I have to do is address them.

I also made my wreath with mickey heads and a bow too. I wasnt all that happy with it so I made a Christmas tree too. Christie made some garland for it with punched out mickey heads and thread. It turned out really cute. Now all I have to do is get them laminated. Our door decorations are cute but small. I am not a very creative person but we will get by.

I got my shipping boxes also. I had another productive day and I am so happy.

Shawn - I got my email. Thanks and I sent you my number. I went ahead and made all 24 goody bags. If we dont use them with our group, maybe I will give out pirates night to a table close to ours.

Nicki - Yes we have a pirates themed dinner. I would call the 1-800 number. Thats what I did when I called them. If you pull up your reservation on the cruiseline website it will tell you your room number and dinner seating time.

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
Nicki - Yes we have a pirates themed dinner. I would call the 1-800 number. Thats what I did when I called them. If you pull up your reservation on the cruiseline website it will tell you your room number and dinner seating time.

Thanks! I didn't realize we would have a theme night. I thought it was just for the 7 night cruises. I probably will call Atlantis directly and rent a day room because none of the excursions seem appealing.

Is anyone is Cat. 1,2 or 3? I thought the conceirge was suppose to be calling a month before the cruise to go over specifics.

Regarding kids - I have a girl 13, boy 10 and boy 5. How are the teen activities?

This is my first cruise so I am not sure what to expect.

Thanks,

Nicki

anolaw said:
Thanks! I didn't realize we would have a theme night. I thought it was just for the 7 night cruises. I probably will call Atlantis directly and rent a day room because none of the excursions seem appealing.

Is anyone is Cat. 1,2 or 3? I thought the conceirge was suppose to be calling a month before the cruise to go over specifics.

Regarding kids - I have a girl 13, boy 10 and boy 5. How are the teen activities?

This is my first cruise so I am not sure what to expect.

Thanks,

Nicki

I need to know if you would like to be in our gift kid swap or kids gift swap, what we are doing is buying a small gift token, not expensive for each others kids, ex, we have 17 kids on our list, three belong to me, so i am shopping for 14, it is not each child gets a gift for each child, it is merely we get a gift (1) for each child that is not our own. The website can give you all the info on activities for kids, if you want to be in on the kid gift thing pm me and let me know the age, name and sex of each child, you can also give your cabin # and get our master list for our quick meet. Please let me know as we have some heading out next week and if the list needs to be revised i need to get on that-THERE IS NO OBLIGATION at all- and you would still be welcome to meet in my suite- ( just don't forget the $5.00 cover charge)

Hi, anolaw. We are CAT 3 also, but my understanding is that the concierge does not make contact prior to boarding the ship.

Is anyone going to Universal after the cruise?

AlexandNessa said:
Hi, anolaw. We are CAT 3 also, but my understanding is that the concierge does not make contact prior to boarding the ship.

Is anyone going to Universal after the cruise?

We are going to Universal before the cruise

HappyLawyer said:
I need to know if you would like to be in our gift kid swap or kids gift swap, what we are doing is buying a small gift token, not expensive for each others kids, ex, we have 17 kids on our list, three belong to me, so i am shopping for 14, it is not each child gets a gift for each child, it is merely we get a gift (1) for each child that is not our own. The website can give you all the info on activities for kids, if you want to be in on the kid gift thing pm me and let me know the age, name and sex of each child, you can also give your cabin # and get our master list for our quick meet. Please let me know as we have some heading out next week and if the list needs to be revised i need to get on that-THERE IS NO OBLIGATION at all- and you would still be welcome to meet in my suite- ( just don't forget the $5.00 cover charge)

So if I join in with my 3 kids that would be 20 kids...so would have to buy 17 gifts or 3 gifts?

anolaw said:
So if I join in with my 3 kids that would be 20 kids...so would have to buy 17 gifts or 3 gifts?

yes, if u joined that would make our kids list 20, you remove your three and you would be buying for 17,

but please do not feel obligated, i just wanted to include you, if not it is okay, the kids will have plenty i am sure.

Yeah!!!!! I have the business Christmas cards ready to go out. Everything is ready for Christmas party, customer gifts and Christmas cards. What a relief!!! Our secretary is doing all she can do but is not suppose to be on computer. She is "training" me. Whats sad is I dont want to learn. Its too stressful. I worry about really messing something up. Good news is she may be able to have surgery. I pray pray pray that it works for her and my own selfish reasons. She leaves for WDW on Friday. I hope she has a great time. She so deserves it.

I am going to drop my stuff off to be laminated tomorrow. The rest of my decorations are a little small but oh well....their cute. Every time I mark something off my list I feel like I add two more. Whats the worst that can happen.....I leave something at home. I can probably buy anything that I might would leave. I just want to do it right the first time.

I will have painters inside my house this weekend and strippers outside. Our house was built in 1914. My grandmother had painted the porch only God knows when and its wearing off but dont want to come off. I have a man coming to soda blast it to original along with the stone columns. It will look so pretty in its natural limestone look. I am excited about this. The inside painter is just following the very slow minor changes that we have made lately.

How is everyone else coming along? Two weeks from right now I will have not been gone from Ohanas too long. Resting at the poly, getting ready for the parks in the morning.

I have knee problems.....they are both killing me so I called the doctor about getting a cortisone injection before we go and the only appt was the Monday before we go. Thank goodness. Ten days of constant walking from sun up to sun down would have put me down.

I have interviewed for like 6 jobs, i was denied two of them but they both told me how well i interviewed, how great i was. One told me i was their second choice ( really meant to thank them for that one) Now i have been offered two positions neither of which i want, hell one place is almost stalking me, they keep making me an offer and playing the salary game, it is nice to be wanted but if you are not feeling the job you just are not feeling it. The one i really want second interviews have not began yet, and another has just began checking my refs.

This is why i need this vacation.

I have been at work almost 4 hours, there is no one here, i have printed off park hours for WDW, AK, MGM, SW, US/IOA and BG, then i preceded to color in the dates we will be at which park, i have plenty of work to do just not in the mood.

Then i had a phone interview today-yeah

Shawn - just be patient....you need to be happy when you have to be there. I didnt have a very productive day but oh well.....were happy. Howard went to orthodontist today and its time for his braces. He gets part next week and the other part in two months. It kills me to pay this much and this is our second round with both children. But their smile is an important part in their confidence. They will both having winning smiles.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving. I personally have so much to be thankful for such as my salvation, my family, my home, my health just to name a few. I pray that everyone could be just as blessed as I have been.

HappyLawyer said:
I have been at work almost 4 hours, there is no one here, i have printed off park hours for WDW, AK, MGM, SW, US/IOA and BG, then i preceded to color in the dates we will be at which park, i have plenty of work to do just not in the mood.

Then i had a phone interview today-yeah

I think planning for your WDW vacation is a good use of time!! I would do the exact same thing!! :goodvibes

Yeah, I wasn't very productive today! I baked an apple pie and forgot to add a couple of ingredients (such as sugar!!) I don't know where my mind was today! Well we will just eat it with lots of ice cream! :rotfl2:

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving!!

Hot apple pie sounds sooooo good!! I got a fudge pie and a chocolate pecan pie from Corkys bar b que. They are good warm too. I havent homemade pies since my easy bake oven. My Dad loved those or so he said anyway. He didnt have much choice with five daughters!!!!! I love to cook (not good with desserts) when I have the space and organization. In this house, there is no room and no space to organize.

We got our pies from Bakers Square
Pecan
Triple Berry- got vanilla ice cream for that one
Lemon Meraign -no clue how to spell that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter