• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 10, 2006 - 12/10/06 Wonder

I do not have your cell numbers of the list- if you are interested in providing them.

ok i have sent the list out to three people,

again if you are ready for it, send me your email address,

Have we decided how we are going to do the gift distribution for the kids,

are we doing it all at once, will we have the kids go around and deliver them, will we do some day by day or all in one day, or is everyone doing it their own way?

EVERYONE- Should we share what we got the kids or leave it as a surpise.

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
I am game for whatever everyone else wants to do. Yall just let me know what yall want me to do!!!!

Same Here...Whatever you all decide I will go along with

I feel like I haven't been here for a month! Sorry, I have been trying to keep up but things have been pretty nutso here - work, house, Joe got sick, yada yada yada.

Kristen, I am so very sorry about your work situation. I can't imagine the range of emotions that you must have. Here's a hug and some pixie dust to help your healing.

Joe and I are leaving our cell phones, blackberry and laptops in the safe at home - it's a vacation after all. We will have a trac phone with very limited minutes on it. I plan to leave it in the room the entire trip and only use it to check in with our baby(dog)sitter and my parents. If you want to find us we will be with Willy at the adult pool or in Diversions playing batgammon. Yeah, baby.

We leave on the 3rd. I cannot fathom the reality that we are leaving two weeks from tomorrow. I think we are in really good shape overall in our preparations. We have talked a bit about what kind of clothes we will take with us but haven't packed yet. I don't think I will do any of that until I can see the 10-day forecast for Orlando. I will be optimistic for the cruise being nice but I am hesitant to pack for warm weather in December in Florida. Hopeful but hesitant.

Please forgive me if this has already been planned - are we going to meet somewhere on the ship? I know the spouses aren't too thrilled at the concept but it would be nice to have a quick 'howdy' and 'this is me' opportunity early on so that when we see each other we will know that we are DIS family. I am serious about the quick concept - 10 minutes or something. Yes?

Whew...just caught up on all the posts. I can't believe it is going to in the teen's in just a few days. Where has the time gone!! I have a lot to do and very little time to do it in!! :rotfl:

Kristen- I am so sorry at what happened at work. It is hard when you read about them or watch them on the news and even harder when it hits so close to home.

Jeremy and I are easy going. We are okay with tell what we are giving in our goody bags or keeping them a surprise! Whatever works best we are game! A quick meet would be nice. I don't think the kids will sit still too long...so much to do and see! :rotfl:

We had a very busy weekend, went to the cigar heritage festival. They broke the world records for the longest cigar. They made an 100ft cigar. My BIL and future SIL were a part of it. It was so neat!! Then went to the Hard Rock in Orlando to see Carlos Mencia. Very funny and a nice night out with friends without our children! :woohoo:

Rina

Hey Rina -
Sounds like you guys had a good adult night out!

What is the weather looking like for the trip?

I can't even begin to start thinking about the packing. I got the kids 2 Disney sweatshirts, a watch for Riley and a Dash baseball cap for each of the 4 boys with us. I hope it makes them easier to find at WDW :-)

I would vote for a quick meet in Shawn's suite (easy to find everyone!) maybe early Monday morning? or Sunday afternoon before dinner?

Just went to weather.com and they say the average is about 73 for the high and 60'ish for the low. Pretty accurate for this time of year. (which is cold for me! he he he) Some days you can get away still get away with wearing shorts during the day, if anything short-sleeved shirts and jeans and a sweatshirt is perfect for the day and add a jacket and maybe long sleeves at night.

I don't think I even own a heavy jacket! :confused3 Hey but the humidity is gone! WOO HOO!! CELEBRATE!! :banana: :banana:

disneyfan'ole said:
Just went to weather.com and they say the average is about 73 for the high and 60'ish for the low. Pretty accurate for this time of year. (which is cold for me! he he he) Some days you can get away still get away with wearing shorts during the day, if anything short-sleeved shirts and jeans and a sweatshirt is perfect for the day and add a jacket and maybe long sleeves at night.

I don't think I even own a heavy jacket! :confused3 Hey but the humidity is gone! WOO HOO!! CELEBRATE!! :banana: :banana:

What is sad is I am originally from Michigan!! he he he! I don't think I could handle snow again!! :rotfl:

anolaw said:
Can anyone recommend an excursion? I keep looking them over but nothing stands out,

Nicki

The guys are doing the fishing excursion at Castaway Cay. The girls will just be relaxing on the beach :beach:

At Nassau, we may not even get off the boat. We went to Nassau last year and really didn't find it too exciting. However, we didn't go to Atlantis. Just around the island.

As for the other excursions, I don't know since this is our first time to Castaway Cay.

Rina

on 12/9 i have some coupons for out of state people save 10 percent on the total bill, i have printed off extras, how many or who is staying at the residence inn?

Nicki - We are doing Atlantis at Nassau. We got a room. At Castaway Cay, we are doing the stingray adventure and the banana boat ride. Husband and I are doing a couples massage to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. This will be the first massage for both of us. He doesnt know, its a surprise. I am a little nervous but I hope we enjoy it.

Shawn - Did you get my email address? How many children do we have?

Nancy - Did you get your bracelets?

Kristen - I hope you had a good stress free weekend. You deserve it!!

Andrea - Have your ears been burning? Christie and I was talking about you and scouts. The scouts are putting up their booths around town to sell trees. Do yall do that? Lord have mercy if you do.....I dont know when you would have time.

We had a very productive day today and have a full schedule all week. Made the monster list of things to do and knocking them off as quickly as posssible.

Rina - I had an Aunt that lived in Grand Rapids Michigan and one in Jacksonville Florida. About five years ago the one in Florida moved to Michigan and the one in Michigan moved to Florida. I been to visit both and there is no comparison. Both are retired, no transfers, I have never understood the moves!!!! My Grandfather said they are both crazy and should have moved to Memphis with the rest of the family. I am glad you had a great weekend.

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
Nicki - We are doing Atlantis at Nassau. We got a room. At Castaway Cay, we are doing the stingray adventure and the banana boat ride. Husband and I are doing a couples massage to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. This will be the first massage for both of us. He doesnt know, its a surprise. I am a little nervous but I hope we enjoy it.

Shawn - Did you get my email address? How many children do we have?

Nancy - Did you get your bracelets?

Kristen - I hope you had a good stress free weekend. You deserve it!!

Andrea - Have your ears been burning? Christie and I was talking about you and scouts. The scouts are putting up their booths around town to sell trees. Do yall do that? Lord have mercy if you do.....I dont know when you would have time.

We had a very productive day today and have a full schedule all week. Made the monster list of things to do and knocking them off as quickly as posssible.

Rina - I had an Aunt that lived in Grand Rapids Michigan and one in Jacksonville Florida. About five years ago the one in Florida moved to Michigan and the one in Michigan moved to Florida. I been to visit both and there is no comparison. Both are retired, no transfers, I have never understood the moves!!!! My Grandfather said they are both crazy and should have moved to Memphis with the rest of the family. I am glad you had a great weekend.

i sent the list to the email you gave me, we have a total of 17 kids, so if you take out your two, you are buying for 15,
don't feel bad i am buying for 14 kids, i got a few things so far and i love love love them.

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
Thanks! I think I reserved a couples massage as well. I was able to reserve the brunch and dinner at Palo. I just not sure about any of the excursions. I guess I will look into Atlantis, may renting a ?day room?

HappyLawyer said:
on 12/9 i have some coupons for out of state people save 10 percent on the total bill, i have printed off extras, how many or who is staying at the residence inn?

We are staying at the residence inn on the 9th, but I don't think we qualify for out of state!! he he he :rotfl:

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:

Yeah, they could have met in the middle! Too funny!! :rotfl2:

HappyLawyer said:
i sent the list to the email you gave me, we have a total of 17 kids, so if you take out your two, you are buying for 15,
don't feel bad i am buying for 14 kids, i got a few things so far and i love love love them.

I also got the list!! Thank you!!

Nicki - Did you see the post for the special? I paid 256.00 but was able to get a refund of 120 something dollars ( had it credited to my shipboard account) I want to say the new price is 131.00. I think its a great deal. I cant wait to go down the water slide through the shark tunnel!!!!!! I also cant wait to get the pictures of my children doing it. My TA took care of this and that is why I dont know exactly what I paid second time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter