• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 10, 2006 - 12/10/06 Wonder

An awful, awful day in Memphis, TN. This morning we awoke to two huge fires in downtown Memphis. The worst fire first started at the methodist church. It is the second oldest building in Memphis that first opened its doors in 1893. It was the first church to open its doors in Memphis.A horrible trajedy for alot of the elderly that have worshipped there their entire life. So many upsetting stories from them on the news. That fire caught the second tallest building on fire. It was also very old currently undergoing a 25 million dollar renovation. It was 22 stories just gutted. They were both going on at the same time with 150 firefighters working from 3:00 this morning until now, they are still working to make sure no more hot spots. I just thought I would share that with yall. My heart goes out to the older people (and the younger) in that congregation. It is so much for the elderly to take in and of course they were all worried where they would worship this weekend. The media was actually very comforting to them. To me that was a big plus for the way it was handled.

On the cruise the doctor did suggest a flu shot. I am not sure if I ever gave yall what she told me. She said she would talk to me about motion sickness for them. To yall who have been before, what did you do for your little ones. Also, yall will have to comb through the threads and find the quilt a daughter had made for her mother. It was of autographs and pictures. I am going to have to stop reading all of this stuff. I am addicted!!!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the Church. It's just aweful. Two years ago Thanksgiving the roof of our chapel was ripped off by a tornado (yes in California!) We are just now starting to rebuild.

We are not getting flu shots-I'm pretty sure we've all already had it this year.

I saw the quilt- it was so cool! I was thinking about doing something similar but I don't know if I have the time.

I am not sure but we are doing the stingray adventure in Castaway Cay. We are also doing the banana boat ride. We are renting a room at Atlantis for Nassau. I am not claiming this to be the best...just the best for our family. Other people in our group are parasailing (none of my little chicks wanted to). I cant remember the other things they said.

Everyone root for #23 on Saturday. We are back at our home track. He is racing in the next higher class from now on. He actually sat the track record in this class a couple of months back when no one showed up to race in his normal class. He decided to move up and broke the track record.

HappyLawyer said:
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just real creative with the envelopes!!!!! LOL I was going to get the secretary to do address labels with disney clipart and just thought that may be too much. I wish the words showed up more, I am going to try different things with them, I just havent had time.

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
I was just real creative with the envelopes!!!!! LOL I was going to get the secretary to do address labels with disney clipart and just thought that may be too much. I wish the words showed up more, I am going to try different things with them, I just havent had time.

Cool! Then we get to see the results with the second set of bracelets??

Neal

:yay: :cheer2:

We got our bracelets in the mail today!! Thank you so much!! They are great.

That is terrible about the church!! That is awful. :sad1:

Hope everyones weekend is great.

Shari,

We got our bracelets today!! Emilee picked up the mail and she came running back to the house, saying "Disney World sent you a package!".

The are very cool - I explained to them how it is all going to work :-)

Thanks so much - they are perfect!!

Kristen

Neal - I sent everyone ones out already except jehender. I am going to mail hers out Tuesday. Maybe you will get yours Tuesday. They seem to be taking a while to get there. If you dont receive them, please let me know because I have plenty, and I want to make sure everyone has them.

The day before they were mailed they were in my car all day and I didnt bring them in until night and you wouldnt believe how cool they looked glowing.

OMG!!! I just noticed my ticker. Check it out. I have finally broke 2 months. I am watching the news and we are expecting a cold front and it is going to be 57 degrees Tuesday.....Whats up with that?

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
Neal - I sent everyone ones out already except jehender. I am going to mail hers out Tuesday. Maybe you will get yours Tuesday. They seem to be taking a while to get there. If you dont receive them, please let me know because I have plenty, and I want to make sure everyone has them.

The day before they were mailed they were in my car all day and I didnt bring them in until night and you wouldnt believe how cool they looked glowing.

OOOH! Glow in the dark, We should plan to meet at night. :sail:

My kids will love that. Hope they make it to the cruise. :hourglass

Neal

I can't wait, I can't wait! I'll probably be the last to get my bracelets because we are so far away!

I can't wait for hte cold weather too! I need a chilly soccer saturday-I'm tired of getting sunburned!

Now I have something to look forward to. I have been away all weekend attending a training course in St. Louis. I don't get home until Sunday evening. Maybe there'll be a goody in the mail for me?

Hopefully everyone will have theirs soon. I am anxious to see if jdyer gets theirs in a timely fashion. I believe they were in the UK and I hope I did the address right. It was quite different. I had to fill out a little customs thing. We just got home for the second time. Howard just raced for points only. No one showed up. This was a makeup race. We went to the dirt track with sprint cars and modifieds. It was alot of fun. Howard wants to start mini sprints when he gets 11 but I dont know if my heart will let me do that. Are any of you nascar fans at all?

I got my bracelets!! Thanks soooo much! Is it time to go yet??? I can't wait to meet everyone.

RE: Excursions

I'm signed up for the Single watercraft on CC, and will snorkel here - nothing on Nassau (probably won't even get off the ship).
I've done Blackbeards Cay Sting Ray and snorkel Adventure and the Nassau city tour in Nassau, and the Hiking and Kayaking adventure on CC.

Have a great day!

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
Are any of you nascar fans at all?

I love NASCAR racing! Last year, for our 10th Anniversary, my husband surprised me with a weekend trip to Kansas City for the races. It was wonderful! 3 kid-less days and he even got the fan-walk package so we got really close to the pits.

This was very romantic, because my husband is not a NASCAR fan at all:love: :love:

It broke my heart when we got the invitation to renew our tickets for this year and we couldn't. :sad1: My parents live in Mooresville, NC which is home to a lot of NASCAR teams and live on the Lake Norman where Junior and Ryan Newman and a bunch of others have homes. They see them in their sppedboats all the time. My dad is home builder and just built a home for one of Dale, Jr.'s publicist or something and he gave him a hat that Junior was wearing right after he won a race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter