• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decals

don't forget to carry your big ole mag light. so, at night you can walk up to folks and shine it in their face when you are questioning them..::cop:

oh, that's right, that wasn't at the fort. it was at one of our state parks..:jumping1:

how do you keep the inkjet ink from fading? I have a pic in my office of a huge group from a NFFC convention and it's fading fast....not sure how its going to hold up on decals and t-shirts?????

why didn't you laminate it right after printing? it sure helps...

ps- i am talking about the heat applied lamination, not the pouches...too much air in the pouch jobbers

when i used the labels, i printed them and then put another sheet over them for protection against the elements...as far as the tshirts go...make sure you cold peel them, they last longer

I was wondering the same thing. Can I ask "why" you would want to impersonate a security guard? Quite unsettling. :confused3

i am assuming she wants this for Halloween, however, far be it from me to stop a curious mind :rolleyes1

i don't find it unsettling at all, i am as insane as the rest of the bunch on these boards!!!!;)

Personaly I am not trying to impersonate anyone I just like the logo. Besides even if I put the security logo on my golf cart I'm sure that everyone at my local campground would scatter in fear of Disney Security. I don't think you could get away with cruising FW with Disney Security on your personal vehicle but I live 900 miles away from the parks so I dont think there would be a problem. No diffrent than putting the FW decal on your cart so it will look like thier parade cart.

why didn't you laminate it right after printing? it sure helps...

ps- i am talking about the heat applied lamination, not the pouches...too much air in the pouch jobbers

when i used the labels, i printed them and then put another sheet over them for protection against the elements...as far as the tshirts go...make sure you cold peel them, they last longer

heat laminated? I didn't have a machine to do that...is there another method? I did cold peel the T Shirt ones...haven't washed it yet...just looks to be easily fading...I'll hope for the best...directions said to wash inside out...I'm a rookie with the new printers and inkjet inks but its fun learning!!!Thanks Jen!!!

I was just kidding about the impersonation thing. I suspected you just liked the design. But I had been reading the thread and no one else had brought up the notion, so....

I was at the Magic Kingdom yesterday and saw a very similar design on the gold pins that the security guards (bag inspectors) were wearing.

Carol/Wunderwoman

heat laminated? I didn't have a machine to do that...is there another method? I did cold peel the T Shirt ones...haven't washed it yet...just looks to be easily fading...I'll hope for the best...directions said to wash inside out...I'm a rookie with the new printers and inkjet inks but its fun learning!!!Thanks Jen!!!

yes, washing inside out is a must...you will need to take the picture to kinko's or something like that or see if a school teacher can do it for you...i got one of the laminating machines like the schools have at a school board auction

I would go and use the clear sheet labels from office depot, come in packs of 25 and same size as avery 8665, they print better and don't smudge
What I am looking to do requires a larger piece of material and doesn't involve a printer.

I am a member of a camping club specific to Airstream products. If you have ever seen an Airstream with large red numbers on the front above the front window and on the rear above the rear window, that is the membership number...not a rental fleet identification number as a lot of people assume. We get a directory each year with all the member's names and addresses so that we can identify who we run into or pass on the highway by those numbers. They are also required when staying in Airstream only campgrounds owned by the club.

Anyway, the numbers will leave a ghost image after a number of years where the clear coat is slightly protected from the UV rays and other elements that cause oxidation by the numbers. When a new owner removes an old owner's numbers to apply their membership numbers they have this image of the old owner's numbers surrounding theirs. One member of our organization came up with the idea of applying the numbers to a large sheet of static cling film like the removable decals use and applying the numbers for rallies, caravans, and other club events and removing them when the trailer is in storage or being used for non-club events to prevent the ghosting from occurring. He claims his have never blown off at speeds of up to 65 MPH.

I have never applied my numbers because I didn't want the "ghost" image on my Airstream.

P.S. Jen, War Eagle, Class of '85

What I am looking to do requires a larger piece of material and doesn't involve a printer.

I am a member of a camping club specific to Airstream products. If you have ever seen an Airstream with large red numbers on the front above the front window and on the rear above the rear window, that is the membership number...not a rental fleet identification number as a lot of people assume. We get a directory each year with all the member's names and addresses so that we can identify who we run into or pass on the highway by those numbers. They are also required when staying in Airstream only campgrounds owned by the club.

Anyway, the numbers will leave a ghost image after a number of years where the clear coat is slightly protected from the UV rays and other elements that cause oxidation by the numbers. When a new owner removes an old owner's numbers to apply their membership numbers they have this image of the old owner's numbers surrounding theirs. One member of our organization came up with the idea of applying the numbers to a large sheet of static cling film like the removable decals use and applying the numbers for rallies, caravans, and other club events and removing them when the trailer is in storage or being used for non-club events to prevent the ghosting from occurring. He claims his have never blown off at speeds of up to 65 MPH.

I have never applied my numbers because I didn't want the "ghost" image on my Airstream.

P.S. Jen, War Eagle, Class of '85

ok, i am on the same page then...you need to go to a sign shop, one that can print on white vinyl...they can order clear vinyl as well to print on...you will have to find someone who will be willing to thwart the rules with copyrights but it can be done...all i have is a digital cutter, so i can't afford the 8K for the printer right now, so that is the direction i would go with it...use the picture that I gave you and have them scan and vectorize it and you shouldn't have a problem...the biggest thing is finding someone to do it. War Eagle!

You could paint it on.

I use to be a sign painter. One Shot Lettering Enamel would do the job quite nicely.

I'm thinking about making a magnetic Mickey sign myself.:yay:

Carol/Wunderwoman

There are onlt two problems with that idea
1 I can't paint
2 My cart is plastic and most paint doesn't stick well to plastic
Also if I ever want to remove it the decal is easy to get off. I will keep trying someone here will come up with a good high res picture.

Well I guess since this thread has been dead for almost a month I won't be getting my security decal picture.

I had 24 CDN Flag mickey stickers made up using the pin from Epcot as a template.

pm tiggerinbama, she is at the fort for an extended time and still might be there, maybe she can get you a picture...it is worth a shot to see if she is still around.

I have seen cling and adhesive vinyl inkjet sheets at Staples. I believe these are intended for indoor use but spraying with a clear overcoat might give enough durability to make it worthwhile. Has anybody used a commercial printer to print real static clings? Care t share what it cost and who you used? I would love to do some large graphics (like 4'x3') but am having some trouble finding someone who can do these as one-off's (rather than 100+ quantities).

I just wanted to follow-up on this previous post. I found VistaPrint (via another thread), an online printer who does small quantities for reasonable prices and one of their offerings is window clings. I assume that a window cling and a static cling are the same thing, and that these will cling to any smooth, clean surface (like a cart). I haven't used them yet, though I think I am getting close to giving them a try. I will probably do a Fort Fiends car magnet first. I want to see if I can set up a "Fort Fiends" account with them so that any on our boards can log in and order stuff for themselves using art already uploaded to the "Fort Fiends" account. There is a $5 charge for uploading art, so there is a definite advantage to having a group account. Other products they offer that might be of interest to the Fiends are wall decals, yard signs (corrugated plastic, 1 or 2 sides, with wire stands), hats and t-shirts, and the aforementioned car magnets and window clings.

Has anyone used VistaPrint and can share their experience? Or do I have to be the Guinea Pig? LOL

Has anyone used VistaPrint and can share their experience? Or do I have to be the Guinea Pig? LOL

I'm still waiting for an order I placed with VistaPrint 3 years ago! :headache: I had okay luck with them for business cards, so I took a chance and ordered some of their custom products. Big mistake! :lmao: It wasn't a huge order, so I wasn't too heartbroken, but I still haven't gotten my order or my money back despite lots of effort. :confused3

I have since talked to several people who have had good luck with them, though. Maybe my experience was a fluke. I hope you have better luck than I did.:shamrock:

Wow! Thanks for the cautionary tale. I may try looking for another printer, or at least pay with a credit card that I can sick on them if they try to screw me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter