Dec5-Dec9,how crowded?

E

eeyoresmom

Hi.I've always wanted to see Disney at Christmastime so planned a quick trip. Anyone been that time before?How are crowds/weather? TIA:)

one word

NOT!

have been three times (and returning for the 4th on the 6th!) and it is very uncrowded.

weather on the other hand is unpredictable. one year it was 80-90 everyday and one year it was 60 (with down to about 45 at night!) just watch the weather before you go and have a ball - it is IMHO the BEST time to go!

We were there Dec 2001 and it was EMPTY (post 9-11 of course) and the weather was superb (80's low humidity no rain at all).

Shorter hours, but long hours are not required because you can practically walk on/in anywhere!

I just spoke to AKL Concierge and was told that most of the rooms are booked for the time we will be there - Dec. 5 to 11. She said that many are for conventions, but it won't be as busy as the week before. I know we always took the family when my husband went to Orlando on business. The boards seem to have a lot of people talking about going in December; so now that everyone knows how sparce the crowds normally are, I'm expecting it to be quite busy.

I agree with BJB - we usually go at this time each year and it is quite quiet. However, I am not expecting that to be the case this year. We are planning to be there Dec. 4 - 7 and between Mousefest, the car convention, the Doll and Teddy Bear show, and who knows what else, I am anticipating it being much more crowded than it usually is. We had a very hard time finding on-property rooms, and most every thing seems to be sold out for that weekend in particular. I prefer to anticipate large crowds and plan accordingly and then be pleasantly surprised if it is quieter. The one thing I did do, was check the Mousefest schedule and make sure I was going to parks on the days that they are not officially scheduled to be there. Hoping that will help a little bit.

Linda :teacher:

I've been to WDW several times inbetween Thanksgiving and Christmas - perfect time to go. Weather is favorable, outside hurricane season, not too chilly / not too hot AND crowds are on the light side. I'll be down there around the same time with my family - have a great impromptu vacation!

in my opinion, the BEST time to go. few crowds, not as hot as the summer, little/no precip (one shower last time... during MVMCP :( ) and of course the decorations!

I too was hoping for sparse crowds. But, when I tried to book an AllStars room for 12/12 to 12/16, DU told me nothing was open. So I'll be at POR and there was only a king room open. Looks like it won't be a ghost-town after all!!!

The All Stars could be booked up because of Pop Warner - not sure if that's the exact time frame they will all be there, but they usually stay at the value resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter