Dec trip which week 2nd or week before christmas?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Trying to decide on which week to go.
Dec 9th thru the 14th
or 16th thru 21st,

The 9th thru the 14th is a wee bit cheaper, but I believe that pop warner:sad2: will be still there. We really had a time:headache: with them in the parks 2 years ago. But the crowd level was not bad at all only real wait was on soarnin for 30 min's, the rest seem like 10 mins at the most.

The 16th thru the 21st is a bit more $$$, but the crowd level I am not sure about.

Not sure about EMH for this time of the year?, for some reason I just can't remember or find my planner from this trip.:confused:

Any help is so much appreicated.

That second week will be busy!!! The crowds start about 5-7 days before Christmas, so that first week is auch better option, both $$$ and crowd-wise.

I would go the 9th-14th. I'm sorry you had issues with Pop Warner 2 years ago but we have always gone during Pop Warner week and other than one loud bus ride, we've never had a problem with them. I would avoid whatever resort they are staying at but other than that I wouldn't worry about them.

The second week is getting close to Christmas and I would expect the crowd levels to rise.

My wife and I were just there last December the week of the 9th. No crowds except on the saturday that we were there. All the other days the lines were a short wait. Loved seeing disney at Christmas time. I did everest 6 times in a row before my wife dragged me away. We did Soarin' 4 in a row before my wife had enough. ha Ha.:hyper:

We were there this past Christmas from Dec. 13-19th - perfect weather, perfect crowds. I know that this is in the middle of your choices, but I liked being closer to Christmastime. :)

Trying to decide on which week to go.
Dec 9th thru the 14th
or 16th thru 21st,

The 9th thru the 14th is a wee bit cheaper, but I believe that pop warner:sad2: will be still there. We really had a time:headache: with them in the parks 2 years ago. But the crowd level was not bad at all only real wait was on soarnin for 30 min's, the rest seem like 10 mins at the most.

The 16th thru the 21st is a bit more $$$, but the crowd level I am not sure about.

Not sure about EMH for this time of the year?, for some reason I just can't remember or find my planner from this trip.:confused:

Any help is so much appreicated.

I would go with the 9-14 also...and just dont stay at the values if you are worried about Pop Warner:thumbsup2 I think that is where they mainly stay....or go the week before the 9th if possible. We have been the week before Christmas in 2006 and it was busier than I liked!

December is my favorite time to go to WDW and I have been numerous times that month.

The closer to Christmas the busier it will be. Your first choice of dates will have lower crowds but even the 2nd week won't be crazy busy. Just a little more.

I have never really had issues with Pop Warner when I have been there early December. The main issue I have had is squealing cheerleaders in lines at attractions. I just let them pass, then a bunch of other people, and have no problems.

The first week of December is my absolute favorite time to visit - we've never had a problem with the PW kids. I would pick the second week over the week before Christmas, though. I think the longer hours are negated by the extra crowds. I loved my one actual Disney Christmas but I wouldn't repeat. Just too many people for me.

We did the second week and no problems with crowds. We even did the MVMCP, toured all the decorated resorts...amazing time of year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter