Dec. National rates...outrageous!

shelly3girls

DIS Veteran
I just priced a mid-size car for Emerald Aisle for 12/1-12/9. I used the Walmart id and the $20 off coupon and the total with tax was still $323. This is absolutely rediculous. Is anyone else having better luck. :confused3

Well, if your not too tied to National, try Dollar with the Kiss2 promo code:

Week at $108.99 per week. Unlimited mileage. 1 Extra Day at $22.99 per day.

Base Rate: $131.98
U.S. Dollar (USD)

Total Estimated Charges: $176.02
Click Here for Rate Details

Promotional Code: KISS2 Get great rates at Dollar
Your Lowest Rates on Dollar.com

Base Rate: $131.98
Taxes, Surcharges & Fees
APT CONC RECOV FEE $13.30
STATE TRANSACT TAX $16.24
STATE TAX $10.74
VEHICLE LICENSE FEE $3.76

Total Estimated Charges: $176.02
U.S. Dollar (USD)

Promotional Code: KISS2 Get great rates at Dollar
Rate Code: KISS

Granted you won't get the EA, but they are still onsite @ MCO and you will sve a ton of dough.

Thanks, we have never tried Dollar but I cannot justify the price of National. We did find a better price at Alamo. I actually found a mid-size SUV or minivan for $300 for the 8 days which might not be a bad idea since there are five of us (2 in carseats). I will check out Dollar though. Thanks again!

They had a full size for $190 or a Pacifica for $215. Not bad, have you rented with Dollar before?

So far I have found the best rental rates for December to be through Thrifty using the magicard code (can be found on mousesavers under Thrifty codes).
I have been looking since Feb and this is the best rate I have found so far.

Perhaps try it for your dates and see how it works out for you.

I used Dollar a few times as well as most others at MCO they are all about the same so now it just comes to price.

We are going the week before X-mas and couldn't find any codes (most end the 14th) and the lowest price for a fullsize was around $400 as well .

We hit a great deal at the Dollar in a DTD hotel so we will use ME then walk over and pick-up the carfor $178.

For Oct we have a standard at Enterprise (with a POP C pickup) for $16 a day for 3 days.Using ME for that one as well.

Dollar also has a Dollar Express that bypasses the regular lines.Not like EA but still much faster then not.

Alamo and National is the same company and they are the SAME CARS. They have a shared rental counter, the same shuttle bus will take you the ALAMO-NATIONAL rental lot and you'll pick from the same cars. It always pays to shop both websites and Alamo is nearly always cheaper. National typically caters to business travelers and negotiated rates for them while Alamo goes after the leisure traveler.

BobK/Orlando

Just ran your dates on National using the AMEX code (5125601) and a two-car upgrade coupon (10009416) which you can access through www.rentalcodes.com With this combo you can get a full-size car for $217.52 for your time period.

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:
Alamo and National is the same company and they are the SAME CARS. They have a shared rental counter, the same shuttle bus will take you the ALAMO-NATIONAL rental lot and you'll pick from the same cars. It always pays to shop both websites and Alamo is nearly always cheaper. National typically caters to business travelers and negotiated rates for them while Alamo goes after the leisure traveler.

BobK/Orlando

FYI - there is no shuttle bus for National/Alamo at MCO. The cars are across the street from the terminal.

To the OP - do you really need a car the whole week? I often rent a car from National/Alamo to get myself to or from the airport, then drop-off at the Dolphin (or Car Care Center).

jiminy14 said:
Just ran your dates on National using the AMEX code (5125601) and a two-car upgrade coupon (10009416) which you can access through www.rentalcodes.com With this combo you can get a full-size car for $217.52 for your time period.

Thanks! Although when I tried it, it came up $236 for a full size. I was able to get a premium through Dollar for $185 so I think we will try them for this trip. Thanks again for all of the help!

I used the American Express code from Mousesavers and the $20 off a weekly rental on-line coupon from the National website. My rate for an intermediate size car for 12/13 to 12/18 is $124.25 (that amount includes fees and taxes).

I wanted to try those Dollar codes, but I can't find anyplace to input them on their website. Help!

LeslieG said:
I wanted to try those Dollar codes, but I can't find anyplace to input them on their website. Help!

When you're on the Dollar website, click on the "Specials" tab up top and a "Promo Code" field will now appear below the area where you choose your car type.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter