Dec Crowds

MicNut713

Mouseketeer
We will traveling from Dec 2nd to Dec 9th and just wondering what the crowds are like at that time.

MicNut713 said:
We will traveling from Dec 2nd to Dec 9th and just wondering what the crowds are like at that time.
Early Dec. crowds are growing the past few years. The first week of December through the first weekend is usually full of Pop Warner football kids. We found the second week to be better from that standpoint. BTW, we will be there at the same time! We plan on doing Dec. 3-14 next year!

We're also planning on going on the 3rd - I kept telling my in-laws and DH that it is such a slow time of year at the parks, etc. You say it's busier - but is it still pretty low as far as attendance? I don't think we can make that 2nd week (I'd rather, but MIL is a pastor and it gets harder to get away the closer to Christmas we get)..... I'd hate to get everyone excited about very low crowds and then show up to chaos!

We were just there Dec 10-13. We heard some people mention all the Pop Warner kids had just left. Crowds were more than manageable.

We were just there (12/2 - 12/10). It was busier than I remember it being in past years, but still very manageable. IMHO, it's not the Pop Warner kids that are responsible for the increase in crowd level. I think people are just finding out how wonderful it is to visit during this time and also many more are just avoiding "hurricane season".

We did not wait very long for anything - the longest was 20 minutes or so for Soarin' (well worth even a longer wait, IMHO).

Much has been made about the Pop Warner kids - but we only encountered a group of them at MGM. There were long lines at the Fast food place just outside the Fantasmic theater and there were many PW kids in line with us (it was an EMH evening at MGM). The kids were polite and not at all obnoxious or otherwise behaving rudely. Fantasmic was not crowded that night - guess most guests were either enjoying the Osborn lights or the EMH rides that evening.

I think early December is a wonderful time to go and we'll continue to go then - even if it is getting a bit more crowded. But what time of year isn't getting more crowded at WDW, LOL?

Best wishes -

I just got back. I found the crowds to be small. Not as small as in past years but definately not crowded. Longest wait was 15min.

It is steady getting busier and busier every year. I think the secret is getting out.

Wonder if that will impact it being value season in a few years. They did change part of Oct from value to regular when it became popular.

Thanks - I sure hope it doesn't change the season to something more expensive. It does seem like both CA DL and WDW are just more crowded all the time now - maybe it's the 50th? I know that's why it's more so in CA - but I guess it could have quite an impact on WDW as well.

AFMom said:
We're also planning on going on the 3rd - I kept telling my in-laws and DH that it is such a slow time of year at the parks, etc. You say it's busier - but is it still pretty low as far as attendance? I don't think we can make that 2nd week (I'd rather, but MIL is a pastor and it gets harder to get away the closer to Christmas we get)..... I'd hate to get everyone excited about very low crowds and then show up to chaos!
Crowds aren't awful, just more than I expect that first week each year. Actually, it wasn't as bad last year as it was in 2000.

I've been here since Dec 1. IMO, the crowds are heavier than in past years. The first week of December was surprisingly crowded. (The posted wait for Soarin' was up to 70 minutes, and FastPass was gone by 2 to 3 pm). It eased off some the second week. (Posted time for Soarin' was 30 minutes, but we were on the ride in 15.) The park with the evening Extra Magic Hour gets big crowds. Still, as mentioned above, it's quite manageable. And it really is a special time of year to be here.
By comparison though, the crowds at USF, IOA, SW, and BG seem rather light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter