• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec availability

Dvc808

Earning My Ears
Kinda hoping to visit the world in early December but it depends on if my sons football team makes to Pop Warner Superbowl, which they have a good chance of doing. I been reading and noticed that some of the posters said that early december is a hard time for DVC to book. Just want to know how hard is it to book in early Dec? Would like to stay at AKL, BW and maybe BAy lake. I do have BW points but not sure if i should book this early.
TIA for advice and suggestions

That's a very popular time for DVC members and I've tried to switch at 7 months before and seen nothing available but Saratoga Springs (for a studio, might be better if you are looking for a 1 bedroom or above). I would say book as early as you can. Can you cancel without your points switching use years or going into holding? Surely you will know more than a month ahead of time if his team makes the tournament.

I own at BWV and have tried to book there at the 8 month window, only to find nothing available!!! This is a very popular time for DVC people. Best to book as soon as you can. Of course, you can probably get SSR or OKW if you wait too long for BWV or BLT.

Another thought. Do you think the poly would have some studios since it has so much? I guess we will find out within the next few months huh. might have to take a chance and book earlier than i would like.

Another December question. Since it is known that DVC members like to go in early dec, are the parks crowded? I see the reports and they show not so much. Do they just chill out at resorts?
What do you do as a DVC member in early December at WDW?

The first 2 weeks of Dec are 2 of the 3 most popular weeks of the year for DVC. While DVC is very crowded many of the others at resorts are there for Pop Warner so while many DVC members are at the parks many of the other resort guests are not. If you think you want to go in Dec and have not booked- book as much as you can without borrowing since canceling by midsummer would not be a problem for your points. If you wait till 7 months you will either have to piece together a reservation or hope for room at SSR- many places are booked up already for early Dec and it is more than 8 months away.

It is a great time to go.

It is not the LOW crowd time that it was just 10 years ago, but good weather, Christmas festivities make it very enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter