Dec at CSR--do we want Water Park option?

tkbbmom

Mouseketeer
TA has us down for only doing Park Hopper for 8 days ---she said we probably wouldn't want to do water parks in Dec. But as I look at it again ---if we didn't do water park but did do one day at Quest for our family of 6 I'm wondering if it's not a better deal to add the Water Park option instead of purchasing tickets at the door. What do the experts think? And is it warm enough to do Water Parks in Dec?

I don't know about the water parks in Dec. because it just depends on what your luck is that week. It can vary so much that my current plan is to leave the water park option off until we get there and see what the weather is. If it's great weather and looks like it will stay all week, I'll add it on. If it's only good weather for one day, I'll just pay for a one day visit (cheaper than the water park option). If it's freezing all week, we'll just skip it.

If you're not sure you'll need an option, don't buy it. You can always add it on later during your vacation if you need it.

I realize it isn't much help, but you are rolling the dice on the weather in December. We have arrived when it was 84 degrees early morning and you certainly could have used them that day and 5 days later it was 35 degrees in the morning. No one can really answer your question positively, because we don't know what weather you will experience. Generally when we go early December it is cool enough that you aren't comfortable in shaded areas in early morning without at least long pants and sleeves (we have seen people in full coats) which was overkill for us, but not for some. It would be chilly for the kids getting out of the water and going to the top of the slides at a waterpark, but not if you were swimming in a heated pool where you stayed in the water most of the time.

Dec is hit and miss weather wise. For us it's just toooo cold regardless to hit the water parks. The kids are fine if the temp is above 75.....but not for me!! I would just get it later if you hit a good weather week! :-)

I wouldn't buy it. When I was there last December for a week the water parks were actually closed a few times because it was too cold. If you decide you want to go when you are down there then you can add it on then. Or you can just buy a one day ticket which might be cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter