Dec 9 Condo Meeting-Updating Live!

LIFERBABE

DVC MEMBER @ BCV BWV OKW SSR BLT AKV
With all the angst and rumors flying, I think next week's Condo Association meeting is going to be packed!

I know these are not really for the members, but it's all we got, and last year I was surprised at how many people showed up! And the Q&A line was long!

I hope they keep it magical!:rotfl:

I think like the Terminator, the Grandfather that wanted Fox News channel, will be back! :happytv:

Anyone updating from Twitter/Facebook/YouTube? I'd have to take my 13 yr old along for that, but I may follow while Im in the meeting. Last year I had to tell the lady next to me to tone her texting down, every letter beeped!:headache:

I have attended a few of the DVC annual meetings. It is always good entertainment, listening to what DVC has to say and the members reactions.

Have a good time and maybe I will see you there. :thumbsup2

Robert

I wish I could go, but it's always exam week at my school. I retire in 2 years, and will plan to go then!

Looks like there will be a few of us at this year's meeting. I will be scouring the room for all of you.

David

I've yet to be able to tear myself away from the parks to attend when our trips do happen to coincide with the meeting:guilty:

DH did mention today that he wondered where the cash infusion came from that was given as reason for slightly increased WDW stock dividend...maybe they'll mention the reason during the DVC meeting.

hmmm:idea:wonder if trip could be written off as investment expense?;)

I have also registered with DVC Member Services to be there, too.

See you there next Friday.

It sure has been very cold here at WDW the past two nights requiring coat, gloves and hats.

I can't believe Tuesday that there was a high of about 85 degrees F.

I wish I could go, but since the meeting is so late this year, it doesn't match our trip. We leave to go home on the 8th.

Looks like there will be a few of us at this year's meeting. I will be scouring the room for all of you.

David

I probably won't recognize you now that you have that white beard and red Santa outfit.

;)

I will be there an had planned to post updates to Twitter and Facebook during the meeting:

http://www.facebook.com/dvcnews
http://www.twitter.com/dvcnews

I appreciate that you will be posting updates. Thank you. :)

What I don't understand is why the meeting can't be webcast so those members who are unable to attend could at least see what is going on. If they can put on that last horrible webcast - why not the condo meeting?

I don't do Facebook or Twitter! Hoping some one will keep us up to date and do some old fashion posting here on the DIS!

I don't do Facebook or Twitter! Hoping some one will keep us up to date and do some old fashion posting here on the DIS!

I'm sure someone will post a summary after the fact. I will probably write something later that evening. But Twitter does have the benefit of immediacy.

You don't need to register or download special software to follow along on Twitter. Just click on this Twitter link with any web browser after 1pm on Thursday and (barring any technical problems) you should see blow by blow updates as the meetings progress.

I'm sure someone will post a summary after the fact. I will probably write something later that evening. But Twitter does have the benefit of immediacy.

You don't need to register or download special software to follow along on Twitter. Just click on this Twitter link with any web browser after 1pm on Thursday and (barring any technical problems) you should see blow by blow updates as the meetings progress.

Thank you Tim! Will do...:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I <really> appreciate Webmaster Doc's summaries but having the immediacy will be nice too. :worship:

Here now! Budget questions, mbr just asked why budget increased 3% and CPI increased 1%

Wanted to know if DVC looked for ways to cut budget 2%.
JL told him "no"

Meeting is Aulani themed with a row of loungers in front

JL going over member feedback

Foxnews is not going to happen. Costs too much. No msnbc either

Will continue to look into it but no point in complaining

Member letter, CPA lamenting about CRO discounts and lack of savings for DVC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter