Dec 8-15, crowds???

I don't have an answer for you, but we will be going dec 11-18. I asked this question, about crowds, and was told that it will be busy towards the end of our trip. I guess people start to funnel in a few days before Christmas.

I was at WDW Dec 9 -- 17 last year (I'm doing Dec 8 -- 16 this year). Crowds are fine, especially during the week. Both weekends were busy (due to the locals coming to the parks). Last year, the 17th (Sunday) was insane!!! AK was closed to capacity at 1pm. I was heading out at that time to catch my flight later that evening.

Pop Warner is the week before.

We went around this time in December of 2005 and LOVED it. If you follow the basic strategies outlined on the DIS (fastpass, hit the big rides first), you'll have no worries.

I can not emphasize ENOUGH how much we enjoyed MVMCP. We went back and forth for awhile about the additional expense and time, but MAN was it worth it. We did every ride twice, had great interraction with TONS of characters, and really got into the Christmas spirit. We wound up buying tickets to another MVMCP that was not sold out during the same trip.

The weather was great during the day. We found layering the way to go. Before noon we had sweaters on, and then in the afternoon shirts and jeans were fine. The evenings got a little cold, and we did have on hats and coats a few nights.

We are actually tentitively planning a return trip during that same time this year.

Hope this helped.....

We went around this time in December of 2005 and LOVED it. If you follow the basic strategies outlined on the DIS (fastpass, hit the big rides first), you'll have no worries.

I can not emphasize ENOUGH how much we enjoyed MVMCP. We went back and forth for awhile about the additional expense and time, but MAN was it worth it. We did every ride twice, had great interraction with TONS of characters, and really got into the Christmas spirit. We wound up buying tickets to another MVMCP that was not sold out during the same trip.

The weather was great during the day. We found layering the way to go. Before noon we had sweaters on, and then in the afternoon shirts and jeans were fine. The evenings got a little cold, and we did have on hats and coats a few nights.

We are actually tentitively planning a return trip during that same time this year.

Hope this helped.....

Thanks so much. Yes, I am going to try to get the tickets for the MVMCP, do you know when they might go on sale, just trying to plan. sounds like a great time of year to go, we can't wait!

We went last Christmas and the parks were quiet until about 2 days before Christmas day. The weather was fantastic, shorts and t-shirt day and night, there was only one evening when we had to put a jumper on, most nights we were swimming in the pool at midnight. :goodvibes

Hi
We were there this past December 10 -15. The weather was beautiful. I wore jeans and short sleeve shirt, and had a light jacket at night and early morning. I did see people with shorts on. We did the segway tour at 8:30 in the morning and it was a little cool. The MK on Sunday was a madhouse. So many people. Just use fastpass and you'll be fine. The crowds were ok the other days. Have a great trip.

Thanks so much. Yes, I am going to try to get the tickets for the MVMCP, do you know when they might go on sale, just trying to plan. sounds like a great time of year to go, we can't wait!

If I remember correctly, we got them around August or September. It is definitely worth checking out. Also, I was told it is better to attend a MVMCP on weeknights, because the Friday-Sunday parties tend to sell out because of local kids attending.

HAVE A BLAST!!! :woohoo:

How will this time of year be? Will we miss the Pop Warner crowd? How is the weather??

THANKS!
My information is somewhat dated, but in 1998 we(myself, wife and 4 year old daughter) were at WDW from 12/4-12/12. The Christmas lights were up, the crowds were down and the weather was fantastic. I hope to someday go back at this time of year.

We were there the 8th -13th and had the most amazing time. I believe pop warner is just leaving at that point. We definatley plan on going the same time this year as well.

As far as I'm concerned, it's absolutely the BEST time to go. You'll walk up to rides and wonder if they're open...because nobody is in line. The only problem is...that it will spoil you for life. [next time: What do you mean I have to wait 10 minutes to ride]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter