• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec. 7, 2008 4 nite Mousefest Cruise - who's all going?

Adam, we did the pirate museum in December 2006 and my boys liked it. I don't feel the need to go back, but it was a nice thing to do once. There's a lot of interesting pirate history to read about and lots of scenes to walk through. I remember it being about 10-15 minutes away from the port. I'm not sure how much we paid, but it wasn't horrible pricing. My DH and DS went back on the ship so DSthen5 could make cookies at the kid's club and my parents and DSthen 9 went to Atlantis via a crazy taxi. We got green sparkly wrist bands at the pirate museum to show we paid and later when we went to Atlantis, my dad and ds now 11 got waved in after a guard saw their green wrist bands. At the time they didn't know it was a closed off area and thought they were getting a once over from the guard. My mom and I played and lost at the slots rather quickly (like 5 minutes and 3 pulls to lose my limit of $20) and when we met up I told my dad that area actually had a charge to enter.

Maura, I also would not get the hoppers. It's a lot more $ to add for the day and you'll have more than enough stuff to do in one park. If your heart is set on TSM and Playhouse Disney, I'd head to DHS for rope drop. You may even get a late lunch ADR at Hollywood and Vine if your daughter likes the Little Einsteins. You can always try for the ADR at 1900 Park Fare like someone previously mentioned so your daughter can see Cinderella. Like Lisa said, there will be plenty of opportunities on board the Wonder to see them too. My favorite tip to see any missed characters is to go to the Till We Meet Again event the last night. A good amount of characters come out to do last minute pictures and autographs. We've always managed to see about 15-20 during the 5-10 minutes they are available. I have seen long lines for the princesses so you will want to check you navigator or call the Pal # onboard (it will be on the navigator) to check when/where they will be. You can always leave an autograph book at guest services too and request autographs. One cruise we did that and they filled the entire 25 pages.

Adam, we did the pirate museum in December 2006 and my boys liked it. I don't feel the need to go back, but it was a nice thing to do once. There's a lot of interesting pirate history to read about and lots of scenes to walk through. I remember it being about 10-15 minutes away from the port. I'm not sure how much we paid, but it wasn't horrible pricing. My DH and DS went back on the ship so DSthen5 could make cookies at the kid's club and my parents and DSthen 9 went to Atlantis via a crazy taxi. We got green sparkly wrist bands at the pirate museum to show we paid and later when we went to Atlantis, my dad and ds now 11 got waved in after a guard saw their green wrist bands. At the time they didn't know it was a closed off area and thought they were getting a once over from the guard. My mom and I played and lost at the slots rather quickly (like 5 minutes and 3 pulls to lose my limit of $20) and when we met up I told my dad that area actually had a charge to enter.

Thanks Hanover, Do you remember where it is located or the name of the place? We plan on walking to it since we walked to Atlantis before. I am sure it is easier than that. How long where you there for? Any other tips or advice on what to see? Usually we just get off the boat for about 1hr since we really do not like the area. However the museum might be fun to do. Let me know and thanks for the help!

Thanks Hanover, Do you remember where it is located or the name of the place? We plan on walking to it since we walked to Atlantis before. I am sure it is easier than that. How long where you there for? Any other tips or advice on what to see? Usually we just get off the boat for about 1hr since we really do not like the area. However the museum might be fun to do. Let me know and thanks for the help!

Here is the link to the museum:
http://www.pirates-of-nassau.com/

It has the location on it with a little map to kind of give you an idea of how close it is to get there.

It looks like it's $12 for an adult admission. I know we walked there one way and went back to the port another way via the straw market. We stopped at a couple places along the way like Del Sol and some other touristy shops. The day we were there they had some roads closed to traffic because of a dignitaries funeral and a lot of news media around. We were the only ones in the museum for quite a while and then a couple more families from our cruise came in. I think we were there maybe an hour and looked in the gift shop for a short time before heading out.

Maura, I also would not get the hoppers. It's a lot more $ to add for the day and you'll have more than enough stuff to do in one park. If your heart is set on TSM and Playhouse Disney, I'd head to DHS for rope drop. You may even get a late lunch ADR at Hollywood and Vine if your daughter likes the Little Einsteins. You can always try for the ADR at 1900 Park Fare like someone previously mentioned so your daughter can see Cinderella. Like Lisa said, there will be plenty of opportunities on board the Wonder to see them too. My favorite tip to see any missed characters is to go to the Till We Meet Again event the last night. A good amount of characters come out to do last minute pictures and autographs. We've always managed to see about 15-20 during the 5-10 minutes they are available. I have seen long lines for the princesses so you will want to check you navigator or call the Pal # onboard (it will be on the navigator) to check when/where they will be. You can always leave an autograph book at guest services too and request autographs. One cruise we did that and they filled the entire 25 pages.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to skip the Hopper. Georgia REALLY wants to see see Mulan. Thats one of her favs and we've never managed to see her. So that is why I planned the Norway breakfast. The hope is that we can see her there. you cna't do everything!

I guess maybe I'll just have to plan another trip soon! hehe

Off to bed, and on to Disney World at the crack of dawn! Wishing all of you safe and pleasant travels, and I hope to meet/see you on the cruise!

Kungaloosh!

Have a safe trip!

Anyone else wired? I had such a hard time sleeping last night--thinking not only of the trip but trying to see if we've missed packing anything.

I ended up working a good 16 hour day yesterday and did all 8 payroll spreadsheets and updated all our employee leave balances. I can officially say I'm completely caught up with work tasks! Now if only tomorrow would come sooner!!

Have a safe trip!

Anyone else wired? I had such a hard time sleeping last night--thinking not only of the trip but trying to see if we've missed packing anything.

I ended up working a good 16 hour day yesterday and did all 8 payroll spreadsheets and updated all our employee leave balances. I can officially say I'm completely caught up with work tasks! Now if only tomorrow would come sooner!!

Sounds like we have the same job, except I have 10 that I am working on.:rotfl2: I am jealous of you all leaving today, I do not fly out till Saturday, so 2 more days of trying to work.

I had a dream last night about pin trading and how I had found all these really original pins and all the pin trading I would do. I never remember my dreams and I am not planning on pin trading so I am even thinking Disney in my sleep.

Hope everyone has safe travels.

Lisa

We arrive on Saturday around 3:30 and are heading to Cocoa Beach it looks like the weather will be much warmer then here. I didn't sleep last night everything I still have to do was running through my head. I'm also trying to get all my books caught up so I won't have tons to do when I get back. Just 2 more sleeps :yay:

Safe travels to everyone and we'll see you soon.

Lill

Did you guys see this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29027080#post29027080

Looks like we may have to board from deck 1 and not through the atrium. I am just glad no one was hurt and as long as we are safe, we'll be happy to be onboard from whatever entrance we go through.
As long as they get me on that ship...that's all I care about. Yes, it's nice to board into the Atrium but as long as they let me in somehow...I don't care.
See you all on Sunday!!!

I am so looking forward to Sunday too. I can't wait to be on the ship either. I saw pictures of what happened last Sunday and that had to be scary! :scared1:

We just left this morning in our camper and we are on our way to Florida :woohoo: We hope to make it just south of Nashville tonight.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone on Sunday! Have a safe trip everyone!

Vicki

we are sooo excited. i feel like i still have a million things to do. i'm trying to figure out how early i can get out of the office to get on with the really important things!!! hehe

i printed out some magnets last night. they are cute. I think Georgia will get a big kick out of them. I haven't showed them to her yet. I can't wait to meet you all. So it's 3pm by the drink station... and where is the drink station? hehe

maura
(the cruise newbie)

Did you guys see this thread
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29027080#post29027080

Looks like we may have to board from deck 1 and not through the atrium. I am just glad no one was hurt and as long as we are safe, we'll be happy to be onboard from whatever entrance we go through.

Hi All, As some of you know I am a WDW Cast Member and acutally worked on the madan voyage of both ships. Being a guest is something that is so new to me and I have so many questions.

However, with the collapse of the gangway the other week, it looks like things should be back to normal for our cruise this Sunday. What they told CMs was that the moring lines actually snapped during the high winds and that noone was on the ramp. So hopefully everything will be just fine! I can''t wait much longer and just want to be on that ship! And i cant wait to meet all of you!

I hope it is back to normal! This is my first cruise and I want the standard experience ;-) Of course, not in exchange for someone possibly getting hurt.

But I was also concerned about the embark being crowded. Hubby has little patience with crowds (which is why we go to WDW during off seasons !).

Side question - for our shore excursions to Atlantis, Atlantis Beach, and Disney's Castaway Cay -

how do you pack for the day? I.e. keep all your papers / ids from getting wet - or do you pack your swim suit, wear it underneath? Bring a water-proof carry back...what?

Never done this before!!!

On that thread it says someone was told by Disney that it would take 8 weeks to fix the gangways, but I hope they are wrong. Safety comes first though. I wonder how we'd enter from the 1st deck from the terminal. We had to board the Magic like that in Barcelona and they had a red carpet with plants on either side leading to it. They had DCL staff waiting inside welcoming us and sending us up the elevator to deck 9 where they were supposed to do welcome annoucements but when we got there, no one was there to greet us. I wonder if anyone on the current 3 day has written what they experienced boarding today.

But I was also concerned about the embark being crowded. Hubby has little patience with crowds (which is why we go to WDW during off seasons !).

If you don't like crowds then do not get to the port too early. Tons of people are in the building prior to boarding. They typically start boarding by 1pm, so if you get there around 1:30 or 2pm, the crowd should be gone and most people will be on the ship already. We will be at the port by 10am at the latest because we want to get on ASAP, try to change our dinner rotation, eat lunch and chill out.
Either way, you do not have to stand in line anymore. Thank goodness!!! They now give you boarding numbers and you can hang out anywhere (past security) and wait for your group number to be called.

I seem to remember stoping at Old Key West last March and we were there around 11:45. When you check in ask about luggage and they will give you a card with the luggage pick up time, it will be around 8:00 on Sunday. You should have your luggage by about 4:00 but if you are concerned take your dinner clothes.

Lisa

Lisa,

Thanks for the info!!

Dawn - thanks for the great info too!

We are taking the Disney transport, and from what I've read here, it won't pick me up at OKW until 12:00 or so - and isn't it a 1.5 hour ride to PC? Guess we'll miss the crowd alright, except for everyone else on the bus ;-).

Do they stagger the busses from the hotels? I.e., they don't all arrive at the same time, do they? That would seem kind of silly to me.

THANKS.

I hope it is back to normal! This is my first cruise and I want the standard experience ;-) Of course, not in exchange for someone possibly getting hurt.

Side question - for our shore excursions to Atlantis, Atlantis Beach, and Disney's Castaway Cay -

how do you pack for the day? I.e. keep all your papers / ids from getting wet - or do you pack your swim suit, wear it underneath? Bring a water-proof carry back...what?

Never done this before!!!

I would wear bathing suit under shorts. I carry id and credit card/money in a water proof holder that I have around my neck, and then a small beach type bag for camera and towels.

Lisa,

Thanks for the info!!

Dawn - thanks for the great info too!

We are taking the Disney transport, and from what I've read here, it won't pick me up at OKW until 12:00 or so - and isn't it a 1.5 hour ride to PC? Guess we'll miss the crowd alright, except for everyone else on the bus ;-).

Do they stagger the busses from the hotels? I.e., they don't all arrive at the same time, do they? That would seem kind of silly to me.

THANKS.

It is about an hour to the port so the buses tend to spread out. You should be on the ship between 1:30-2:00 and the terminal will be pretty empty.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter