Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

We are booked on this cruise. We are completely new to the Disney Cruise- it is our first time. We are there celebrating for my mother's 70th birthday. There are 7 of us. My kids are 6, 4 and 1.

Seems so many people know each other already!

After searching thru the roll call and previous posts, I think I have the gender of the kids on the FE list. If wrong, please let us know!

Also, on the FE list, disneycruisin' s son name is spelled with two t's and Catwoman25's 9 yo has an r after the t in her name.

Here are the genders (leaving out name for privacy):

NHdisneylover.......girl 12, boy 10
fluvannaJ.............girl 9
DisneyCruisin'......boy 8 (add 2nd t to name)
Hanover.............boy 12, boy 8
mrstbalt............girl 9, girl 8,
amyngary...........girl 9, girl 4
mommyoftwinfants....boys 7, 7
Catwoman25..........boy 12, girl 9 (add r after t in her name)
rowst3..............girl 6
carmie3377..........girl 10, boy 3
Kathryn Rada........boy12, boy 14
wuv tigger...........girl 9, girl 7

Think that is all. Like I said, if any of this is wrong, let me know and I'll edit.

Fluvanna

OK that is too funny how did that happen when I just cut and Pasted the FE list and on the Badges I spelled everything right and I actually had to type each name out....:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

We just got our cruise documents, too. We have 2nd dining even though we have a 1 year old but I think she'll be fine. Also, y'all say a quick prayer for our family. My father-in-law is having quadruple bypass surgery this evening. Kind of unexpected. We are waiting to see if we will still be able to go on the cruise.:sad2:

Thanks,
Deena

We just got our cruise documents, too. We have 2nd dining even though we have a 1 year old but I think she'll be fine. Also, y'all say a quick prayer for our family. My father-in-law is having quadruple bypass surgery this evening. Kind of unexpected. We are waiting to see if we will still be able to go on the cruise.:sad2:

Thanks,
Deena

Prayers said for a speedy recovery. A relaxing week at sea would be good for his recovery!

Oh, so you're the reason my FE is taking so long ;) I also ordered from gradysmom, and finally asked for an update yesterday. I was starting to worry about how long it was taking. Your FE looks great!

--Amy
Thanks! I painted one of the dowels red and one green and it looks great.
Hopefully you'll get yours tomorrow or soon. When I ordered my friends last year, Gradysmom's machine broke or her computer crashed (I forget) but she let me know and I had her Fed Ex it to Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Christmas colors one I ordered on 10/20 from her and was surprised to get it so quick. I'm sure yours will be in the mail shortly.

We still don't have our cruise documents. My MIL called today and said a letter came to her house from Disney saying that we renewed our annual passes the other day (as a side note if you renew them before they expire this year you get 15 months instead of 12). I'm not sure why since my DH has never used his mom's address for anything Disney. At least if the cruise docs go there, she's going to be on the cruise too and can bring them to us.

We are booked on this cruise. We are completely new to the Disney Cruise- it is our first time. We are there celebrating for my mother's 70th birthday. There are 7 of us. My kids are 6, 4 and 1.

Seems so many people know each other already!

Welcome Brennan! Going to be an awesome cruise!:cool1::banana:

We'll have only 6, but Myself and my Bride, DS (8), DD(6) and DS(2.75) and MY mom too! She's 75 and likely glad to be not the only more senior member of the cruise.

Read the posts, get to know some of us 'characters' (note that none of us are cast members) and let us get to know you too! Maybe answer some of the Questions of the Week and ask questions of your own as well.

We're from Canada, how bout you?

Also, y'all say a quick prayer for our family. My father-in-law is having quadruple bypass surgery this evening. Kind of unexpected. We are waiting to see if we will still be able to go on the cruise.:sad2:

Wow!:eek:

Our prayers are with your FIL. I'm sure things will work out ok.

Anybody notice that we're now at 100 pages of this thread?:eek:

Mainly due to all those contributions by Scothen and brennan1231:cheer2::lmao:

Likely won't make it to 200 with 3.5 weeks to go and less than that before many people head on out.

Just the same, Happy Century Thread!:cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks,
Deena
Deena,

I will have him in my prayers. My father had double-bypass surgery 2 years ago, and he is doing terrific. I am sure everything will be fine.

Scot

Likely won't make it to 200 with 3.5 weeks to go and less than that before many people head on out.

Thanks for the kudos, but I think my small contribution pales in comparison to yours, Hadley's and many others.

Scot

Tower--I noticed we hit triple digits too! At least I can keep up with this thread. I gave up long ago on our Baltic thread after it went to volume II. Last I looked a couple months ago, it was on volume IV.

Brennan (I like the name---I have a son with that first name!)--welcome aboard! I'm Danielle and will be sailing with my DH Derek, DS12 Keegan and DS8 Brennan plus my DH's mom, 2 stepbrothers, their wives and 2 kids each (boys 5,8 and girls 2,5). It's our 10th DCL cruise, my MIL's 2nd DCL cruise and the rest of everyone in our travel party's first cruise. We are really excited to share it with them and get them addicted to DCL too. Happy early birthday to your mom! Let us all know if you have any questions.

Oh, so you're the reason my FE is taking so long ;) I also ordered from gradysmom, and finally asked for an update yesterday. I was starting to worry about how long it was taking. Your FE looks great!

--Amy
No, she is working on mine!! I went to see her last week to drop off fabric I wanted to use. I'm sure she's hard at work on mine (or not since she doesn't have to ship mine)!!!

Fluvanna

I think we can hit 200!:banana:

Also, add us to "We got our documents today!" group. UPS delivered them around 5:30 tonight.:banana:

No, she is working on mine!! I went to see her last week to drop off fabric I wanted to use. I'm sure she's hard at work on mine (or not since she doesn't have to ship mine)!!!

Fluvanna

Too funny! As long as she hasn't forgotten me, I'm cool with it. I have been so worried about forgetting something important like the FE or FE gifts or all the lanyards. I'm surprised I haven't started losing sleep over it yet :laughing:

I printed out a magnet for our door last night. I am a night owl, so these are the things I do when the family is sleeping. In fact, I have 2 out of 3 of our next vacations partially planned and partially booked. Coworkers talk about what they watched on TV, and I never have a clue, but ask me about Disney or Hawaii, St. John, etc., and I can talk all day :love:

To DeeSanDisneyFan= best of luck to your FIL< had triple bypass in 2007,, no
t fun..:sad2:

Been gone up Nort for a few days , had to read 8-9 pages to catch up. Do we settle up for the lanyards at the port, Promenade, or where?

100 pages is great . pixiedust:

John

We're going ton the BVI trip dec 5-12. Am i on the right board? My dd tells me there's something called FE gifts. What is that? How do i find out who's on my trip the same time? It's just me and dh in our mid fifties second seating. Like to meet some of you on board!! (Or anyone going to stay at saratoga the night before like we are?) We like to eat late, hence second seating, walk around the ship, see all the shows and movies, not drink much if at all...boy we sound boring!! :lmao:

So, what's FE gifts and ...etc? Thanks!

Do we settle up for the lanyards at the port, Promenade, or where?

Hi John,
Welcome back to the thread! :)

If you managed to get your name in on time, and if you are getting a lanyard, Amy/Fluvanna are asking for voluntary donations in order to cover the costs when you pick them up. I mailed my cheque in October, but I know many are going to do so on the ship.

These gals are working hard on these so any help you can help with contributions is greatly appreciated:)

We're going ton the BVI trip dec 5-12. Am i on the right board? My dd tells me there's something called FE gifts. What is that? How do i find out who's on my trip the same time? It's just me and dh in our mid fifties second seating. Like to meet some of you on board!! (Or anyone going to stay at saratoga the night before like we are?) We like to eat late, hence second seating, walk around the ship, see all the shows and movies, not drink much if at all...boy we sound boring!! :lmao:

So, what's FE gifts and ...etc? Thanks!
FE gifts are "Fish Extender" gifts. There is an explanation of FE's at the front of the DIS cruise board under DCL FAQ. Unfortunately, since many of us are doing handmade gifts we closed the list November 1.

We are also doing 2nd seating this time. We are making DIS nametags for the group but have run out of lanyards. If you would like a nametag (have to get your own lanyard holder (ours are vertical or portrait), let me know along with actual names of those in your party.

Why don't you go back a bit in the thread and get to know some of us and maybe post some more about yourselves.

Fluvanna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter