Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

We've still not received our letter of the port changes......Hmmm!

Can't wait - DS who's 8 is even more excited!!

Need to figure out what to do in Tortola!

We haven't either. We booked with DVC so that may be why we haven't received formal notification.

We're going to Virgin Gorda to visit The Baths on our stop in Tortola.

Make sure to remind me to avoid you and the disgruntled passengers on this cruise 12/5. Disney made us upset too but that is how Disney operates. A simple apology with no other compensation is what I got when I found out before it was even announced of the change. I found it when I was reviewing my itinerary and noticed St. Croix was replaced with Tortola. Hakuna matata!

Make sure to remind me to avoid you and the disgruntled passengers on this cruise 12/5. Disney made us upset too but that is how Disney operates. A simple apology with no other compensation is what I got when I found out before it was even announced of the change. I found it when I was reviewing my itinerary and noticed St. Croix was replaced with Tortola. Hakuna matata!

That wasn't nice to say!

There will be no disgruntled passengers on this cruise. We'll all be aboard looking forward to a good time. No sense crying over the past, we can't change it. Like many have said already, we'll all make the most of this VERY VERY EXCITING CRUISE :banana::dance3::cheer2::cool1:

Less than 9 weeks to go now!!!

That wasn't nice to say!

There will be no disgruntled passengers on this cruise. We'll all be aboard looking forward to a good time. No sense crying over the past, we can't change it. Like many have said already, we'll all make the most of this VERY VERY EXCITING CRUISE :banana::dance3::cheer2::cool1:

Less than 9 weeks to go now!!!

Yep, no disgruntled passengers here with me. We're super excited about the change! We can't wait to check out The Baths :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Since this is our first Disney cruise, can you tell me when we receive our cruise documents. We booked our transfer from Disney's AKL to the ship and then from the ship to BC. I know other cruise line send out a package of documents weeks before the cruise, but we still have not received anything.

Since this is our first Disney cruise, can you tell me when we receive our cruise documents. We booked our transfer from Disney's AKL to the ship and then from the ship to BC. I know other cruise line send out a package of documents weeks before the cruise, but we still have not received anything.

We haven't received anything yet either, but I'm not worried. Like yourself, we're staying at a Disney Resort first and we can get any other documentation straightened out if we don't receive anything in the mail. I'm assuming we haven't received our change notification because we're up in Canada and it takes longer for mail to get here from the USA.
I know we'll get our Disney luggage tags any time now for our Caribbean Beach Resort stay. After that, we'll receive our luggage tags for the cruise.

Don't worry Deebits, it will all work out. I'd get worried perhaps a week before departure, but for now I'm not concerned at all. If Disney holds on to them l longer, there is less of a chance of me losing them!:confused3:rolleyes1

Who was this even aimed at:confused3 No one who posted on the same pagea s this compained at all. The vast majority of this gorup is either thrilled to have the change:woohoo:, or would prefer to have goen to St Croix but not all that bothered by the change:rolleyes:. We would love to have you (assuming you are on our cruise) jumping in on this thread to be a part of the group--but please do not come here to insult us:flower3:

DCL sends them pretty late in the game. Four weeks out is quite common (adn even closer sometimes). When we have a seperatly booked land portion before hand (we usually do) I make sure DCL is made aware of the date we will leave from our home to get the documents in time (I have gotten them as close as 2 weeks prior). All that said--make sure you check in online and print what you are told to. If that is done, even if you do not receive your documents you will have no issues getting onbaord (assuming you haev your passports and are not ill:upsidedow).

Hmmmmm--no one has jumped in with a Question of the Week to save me:lmao: How about, What is your favourite sweet treat?

Me--Key Lime Pie, Peanutbutter M&Ms and the fried wontons at Yak&Yeti
Dave--Tiramisu and white chocolate
Marika--Chocolate Soufle and Whoppers
Rio--Creme Brulee, ice cream and peanut butter cups

Hi all!
yes, we are also SO excited for this vacation. It is REALLY needed.

Favorite sweets?
that is my very favorite question so far. :lovestruc

chocolate souffle from Palo. the best!
chocolate chip cookies
pumpkin pie
good chocolates
Lindt truffles
and I could go on and on.

we love most sweets.

Hi and welcome! Our DDs are 9 & 8
Still not sure what to do in Tortola. We
are thinking the Baths, but we want to
do this on our own. Not sure where to
look

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=30675636#post30675636

For all of you planning to do the Baths, be sure to read the reviews from prior cruisers for helpful tips! I learned enough about them to know I'm not interested in going. If you're prepared though, it could be fun!

What is your favourite sweet treat?

Ummm, well gee, so many to choose from

Me - Lemon Merengue Pie, though with our upcoming Canadian Thanksgiving, I'll also add Pumpkin Pie
Christine - Bitter Chocolate
Erik - Anything Chocolate. He even enjoys chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast
Holly - Chocolate, Hard Candy, or bubble gum (still has yet to blow her first bubble)
Peter - Lately, with Christine's baking, he's been saying 'Cookie' quote often.

Hmmmmm--no one has jumped in with a Question of the Week to save me:lmao: How about, What is your favourite sweet treat?

Me: Anything chocolate! Add pecans and caramel to that chocolate and YUM, YUM, YUM!
Jarrod: Tiramisu and my Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Cake
Haley: S'mores
Cameron: Chocolate and Cinnamon Rolls

I would love to make some t-shirts for our girls to get as a gift at the airport as part of their surprise.

I am hoping to make the t-shirts along with their DCL specific journal in a package already for them to have once they get to the airport.

I think the one posted has the wrong port on it also.

wuv tigger

Alright then you have Wednesday. Your two days will be great. I am also doing a 1 gift per cabin with a few little things to throw in too just so everyone can get a little surprise (including us big kids:rotfl2:). I will take what ever days we have left since we only have 6 cabins participating.

Saturday - Taken
Sunday - Available
Monday - Available
Tuesday - Available
Wednesday - Taken
Thursday - Available
Friday - Available

I've PM'ed but not heard back as we want to participate? Is there a specific day for us - or can we distribute on any day? Is there an update to the FE's and how many we need?

Thanks!!!!

I would love to make some t-shirts for our girls to get as a gift at the airport as part of their surprise.

I am hoping to make the t-shirts along with their DCL specific journal in a package already for them to have once they get to the airport.

I think the one posted has the wrong port on it also.

wuv tigger
I am pretty sure it was mommyoftwinfants:thumbsup2

I've PM'ed but not heard back as we want to participate? Is there a specific day for us - or can we distribute on any day? Is there an update to the FE's and how many we need?

Thanks!!!!

Hmmm--you may want to PM again. She sent out a list to me last week with everyone's info with a note that an updates list would come in a month. Maybe she missed seeing yours. I am sure it will get worked out:goodvibes

Personally, after talking to some of you for more than a year by now, I'd like to put a face to the names of some of the people on this thread.

Anybody (meaning the experienced DIS'rs) know how we'll all meet up? There will be a lot of busy-ness at the start of the cruise and we all want to be with our kids at various points on our first evening.

Not knowing how it all goes, I'd make a rookie recommendation of sometime on Sunday afternoon since we're all on a day at sea. Rockin Bar D may be a location, but the kids can't go. Any recommended rendezvous point/time?

Tower--Rockin' Bar D is open to all ages during the day time. Also, there is a good chacne there will end up being a scheduled activity in wherever you pick at the time you pick (in Beat Street) as sea days are jam packed. On other cruieses the group has decided to meet generally on embarkation day sometime before the sailaway party--as there is not much in the way of scheduled activites going on then. Another option (which we have seen done in addition to the first day meet) is to plan to all meet at Lumieres on Sunday morning for breakfast. People PM one person to say they plan on comming so we have an aproximate idea how many and then that person goes a bit early and tells the staff what is going on and asks to all be seated in one area together. Plan it early enough that Palo brunch eaters can still have time to stop by and have some juice. We have also often chipped in and all gotten our own custom lanyards with DIS nametags which are great for identifying people. See lanyards below in the photo of our family on the TA (Marika is missing--she took the photo). These are awesome--but a lot of work to collect all the info and print and cut the names tags and distribute (when I cruise with my best friend he and I usually team up to do this--no way could I do it alone just from the standpoint of being on the wrong side of the Atlantic for shipping lol).

DSCN0027.jpg

Another option is to plan to all meet at Lumieres on Sunday morning for breakfast. People PM one person to say they plan on comming so we have an aproximate idea how many and then that person goes a bit early and tells the staff what is going on and asks to all be seated in one area together. Plan it early enough that Palo brunch eaters can still have time to stop by and have some juice. We have also often chipped in and all gotten our own custom lanyards with DIS nametags which are great for identifying people.

Hadley, you always have such good insight!

I like that Lumieres breakfast idea and the lanyards idea. I just have zero time to organize such a project as the lanyards, but I'd be willing to chip in!
Any volunteers for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter