• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

Well I'm going to have to put it off for a little bit. , I went a couple of week to have my yearly mammogram, they notice something on the films. I went for additional testing, and the resulds came back positive for breast cancer. The good news it they caught it early and they are very small lumps, I have an appoitment on monday with the surgeon . I'll know more then. I'm keeping a positive attitude. I have done several class presentatiion on brease cancer , and I think it has helped me mentally when I received the report.

I dont want to bring anyone down, but I just want to remind all of us gals the importance of regulary mammogram.

Think Pink Tink
I didn't get any notifications for this thread subscription until last night so I didn't see this until now. So sorry to hear the news. By now, you've probably figured out what you're going to do about surgery or more likely had the surgery already Hope you are doing well.

I second the importance of regular mammograms. I get mine religiously every April (will be 50 years old next month.) My sister went for her baseline mammogram in 2003 when she turned 40 and they found breast cancer in the early stages at that point. She had her breast taken off and then a few months of grueling chemo. She was bald for my wedding (with a wig of course) but she was there just a few months after surgery. Then due to the high risk of getting the same cancer in her remaining breast, she had that one removed too. It will be 5 years ago this Fall that she had the initial surgery. No cancer since then so we keep praying the cancer stays away.

They found yours early so you have a good chance of a positive outcome. Mammograms are SO important for that early detection.

*bump*

It's 7 degrees here today and we may be snowed in again tomorrow. I'm thinking of crusing and warm sandy beaches! I"m also thinking of ulittletinker. They found a lump in my mom's breast on Friday and she's off for more tests on Monday to see if it is cancer or not. We're praying hard for a "not" answer.

Hope you're doing well, littletinker. Let us know when you get a chance.

Hi Karen, Doug and missmulan

Wecome:welcome:

Karen, Isn't it nice to get the 10% off, plus the $200 per room onboard credit. You've got to like that :thumbsup2

Missmulan - how many of you are traveling in your party and where are you from?

Vicki

hello! there's four....DH, me, DD and DS :)

*bump*

It's 7 degrees here today and we may be snowed in again tomorrow. I'm thinking of crusing and warm sandy beaches! I"m also thinking of ulittletinker. They found a lump in my mom's breast on Friday and she's off for more tests on Monday to see if it is cancer or not. We're praying hard for a "not" answer.

Hope you're doing well, littletinker. Let us know when you get a chance.

Yay! The answer for my mom WAS "not cancer." :banana:

Still wondering how ulittletinker is doing...

I am not getting emails from this thread either.....
Glad your mom is ok....
Hope everything is well ulittletinker....

Hi~

Sorry, won't be joining you, we switched to Western double dip.

We have been having a rough few weeks here. Our 10- year- old got short of breath/chest pains in gym and I took him to the pediatrician and then the hospital for chest x-rays. They found a patch, thought it was pneumonia and then did a CT scan. The pediatrician and radiologist diagnosed him with lymphoma and sent us to Johns Hopkins. The oncologists quickly said it wasn't lymphoma or leukemia. He does have a tumor in his chest and we are waiting on a new CT scan this Tuesday to find out if medication he's been on for 2 weeks has shrunk it. They are not positive what it is and how it got there. They said he may have been born with it and didn't have symptoms until it became massively infected Feb 21. He has a surgery consultation Wednesday.

Here is some :wizard: for you and your son. If you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to just give me PM, my son just had heart surgery in August at the age of five and I have known since he was a month old that he would need to have open heart surgery, but with plenty of faith and patience his heart healed itself enough to have a non invasive surgery. The doctor fixed him up in about 30 mins instead of hours of surgery and he went home the next morning as opposed to spending a week in the hospital recovering.

:pixiedust: and prayers for all who need them. By the time we get to this cruise in 2009, may all of these health troubles be distant memories.

Thanks for the kind words. I will just be glad when we find out for sure what it is we are up against and when he gets it out. It's the not knowing that is making me a nervous wreck.

Sorry I have not been posting for a while. It seems many on our site have had health issues :sick: with ourselves or our families. Mine has been fighting flu, double ear infections, bronchitis and sinusitis for the past 7 weeks. Elizabeth has missed a great deal of school since the beginning of the year. I hope spring comes soon! In addition, my father (80 years old) is having major surgery on March 20th for his recently diagnosed case of esophageal cancer. So to all you you out there, I am sending a big hug :grouphug: and a wish :wizard: for good health.

I have not booked this cruise yet but I am thinking about it. It will be myself (Tonya 29 at time of cruise ) and my son (Zane 8 at the time of the cruise). We took our first cruise on the Magic this past September and my son was hooked! I would love to go in Sept again because the rates are the best then but my son does not want to miss football so it looks like we are limited to after Thanksgiving. I am just worried about the weather :confused3 Has anyone cruised at this time of year before? How was Castaway Cay?

This is Morsel (Chris/Lynn),
We are booked for the Magic Eastern October 24, 2009 cruise, not on the cruise in December. We have been thinking of switching to the Dec. 5 cruise because we have not been to St. Croix. We have cruised during Oct., Nov., Dec., Jan.. The weather has been fine and water temps warm. Remember that September is still hurricane season and tropical storm season, in fact Sept. is peak season, thus you are taking a greater chance on bad weather with Sept. as opposed to the winter months we have stayed with.

Zane - We took the 3 day cruise last December 9th and the weather was terrific. It was around 80 every day. Come on and join us, it will be great!

I am in a great Disney mood today as I am writing this posting from my room at Boardwalk Villas. Well.......off to the Magic Kingdom now!:cool1:

p.s. All, my father's operation was a success and he is recovering well at home now.

Hi, we booked back in January for this cruise. 20 months is a LONG time away.. now what do I do? Adrianne where are you?
Vickie where is SW Wisconsin are you? We are only 30min from the WI line in IL.
Anyway, it will be myself, DH, my mom, DD9 and DD8 (ages at sailing time). We were on the Wonder land/sea vacation last April/May and cannot wait to get on the Magic!

Jen

Greetings all from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada!

This will be our first Disney Cruise, but our oldest son will be 8, our daughter will be 6 and youngest boy will be 2.75. My veteran cruiser mom will be along for the ride as well so mom and dad can have a breather every now and then and got adjoining cabins rather than being cramped in one stateroom with balcony.

We'll miss the balcony, but it's going to be a great time!

Been on 2 RCCL cruises and 2 Carnival. When we were docked in Nassau on RCCL, one Disney ship came in beside us. I know very few people came out and we could hear from our deck the shrieks of fun and laughter from the Disney ship beside us.

This date is at the tail end of the hurricane season so we're expecting nothing but great weather and a great pre-Christmas gathering before the major Christmas rush begins.

Hope to get to know a bunch of you in the next little while! Going to be Great!

Hi, we booked back in January for this cruise. 20 months is a LONG time away.. now what do I do? Adrianne where are you?
Vickie where is SW Wisconsin are you? We are only 30min from the WI line in IL.
Anyway, it will be myself, DH, my mom, DD9 and DD8 (ages at sailing time). We were on the Wonder land/sea vacation last April/May and cannot wait to get on the Magic!

Jen

Hi Jen and :wave2: and welcome,

We live in the Spring Green area, which is in southwestern Wisconsin. Where in Illinois do you live? I know this cruise seems like a long time away doesn't it. I have never been on the Magic and am looking forward to going on a 7 night cruise. It will be fun to see St. Thomas and St. Croix and to meet everyone from this board :goodvibes We are going on a 4 nite cruise this Dec. I can't wait! I need to get my Disney fix, since our 7 night cruise seems so far away.:)

I hope everyone is doing well and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Vicki

Welcome to the cruise Mrstbalt and Tower! December is a wonderful time to cruise. We were on the 3-day this past December and the weather was a perfect 80 degrees every day with calm seas.

Reporting from the tail end of 2 trips to WDW over the past 2 weeks......

3LVDisney

Epcot 2008 Flower and Garden Festival :hippie: :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter