Dec 5, 2009 -- now traveling to Tortola

Our DDs sure are opposites. Olivia couldn't stand waiting for Julia to take her turn opening gifts because Julia plays with each item for sometimes hours before wanting to open the next gift. It has taken us 2-3 days EVERY year to finish opening gifts thanks to Julia. So here we are at 10pm with Olivia's gifts all opened and Julia with SIX more unopened gifts to go :-)... Cracks me up that she wants to savor each one. She even read an entire 200 page book today before wanting her next gift. At a recent party we were asked what holiday tradition is our favorite and this is what I chose. Not only does it epitomize my kids' personality differences, but it is fun that our day lasts so long.

We had a wonderful white Christmas too here in St. Louis, which only seems to happen about 15% of the time. I have lots of photos from the trip to share, but we are having hard drive space issues, so I can't download them yet. Once I do, we will upload some for you all.

Carmie, I love that photo of our youngest under the table - we got so few opportunities to see your DS awake!

I'm sure going to miss planning with you all....

-Amy

Finally! I've spent hours on getting these right. :goodvibes I just hope it gets posted right. :santa:

100_0456.jpg
Kim and Tom _ Thanks for making the Cruise so much fun

100_0379.jpg

How sweet is this?

IMG_1161.jpg

Silent night

100_0444.jpg

Island Christmas 2

100_0411.jpg

Island Christmas 2

100_0420.jpg

Island Christmas 3

100_0586.jpg

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night

100_0620.jpg

And then we had to go home-- Ugh

Carmen I recognize your son in the pictures, I remember him from walking up the path from the Baths and saying "why is that woman wearing mens shoes" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: to the group of people passing by. I thought it was just too cute the way he said it.

Carmen I recognize your son in the pictures, I remember him from walking up the path from the Baths and saying "why is that woman wearing mens shoes" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: to the group of people passing by. I thought it was just too cute the way he said it.

Oh yes, that was him! :eek: I had forgotten he said that until you mentioned it. I was hoping no one heard (or at least the person he made the comment about). Little kids aren't embarrassed about saying anything. We're working on not making comments about other people but obviously we're still working on it :).

Anyway, I didn't realize that our paths crossed during the cruise. I remember some other people behind us/in front of us walking back up but didn't know it was you. What did you think of the Baths? We loved it and was definitely the highlight of our excursions during the cruise.

Oh yes, that was him! :eek: I had forgotten he said that until you mentioned it. I was hoping no one heard (or at least the person he made the comment about). Little kids aren't embarrassed about saying anything. We're working on not making comments about other people but obviously we're still working on it :).

Anyway, I didn't realize that our paths crossed during the cruise. I remember some other people behind us/in front of us walking back up but didn't know it was you. What did you think of the Baths? We loved it and was definitely the highlight of our excursions during the cruise.

I am sure she didn't even notice he had said it, we were sitting right behind y'all on the taxi back to the dock and were in front of you on the walk up to the top from the baths. Really wish I would have known that was you, we could have gabbed the whole ride back to the dock...:hyper2:
We absolutely loved the baths well worth the time it took to get there and return, and it was so easy to do on our own.

I am sure she didn't even notice he had said it, we were sitting right behind y'all on the taxi back to the dock and were in front of you on the walk up to the top from the baths. Really wish I would have known that was you, we could have gabbed the whole ride back to the dock...:hyper2:
We absolutely loved the baths well worth the time it took to get there and return, and it was so easy to do on our own.

I too wish I knew it were you! I wonder how many people from here that I ran into to and didn't know it.

Happy New Year to you all! I spent the evening starting on my cruise scrapbook. I had such a good time on the cruise and alot of it was getting to know all of you from the DIS boards. Also (for the scrapbook), did anyone take pictures of the menus? I have lovely foods pictures and some I can't remember exactly what it was (and menu descriptions are so much better than my two word title).

Wishing you all the best in the New Year. Wish we were cruising again in 2010 - have to wait to 2011 for us!

Fluvanna

My DD is now playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 that we got her for Christmas after she fell in love with it in the Oceaneer's Lab.

Fluvanna

Thank you again for sending Haley the game! She loves it too and I just had to drag her off from playing it for over 2 hours!

About the menus, I didn't take pictures either (other than the front of one or two). However, I do have the pirate menu if you need any info from it. In fact, I have a couple of them and will send you one if you want it for your scrapbook :goodvibes

I only have a couple pictures of the outside of the menus, not the inside. I know on Castwayclub dot com they have cruise menus on there. I'll be on the Wonder for a 3 day on 1/28 if you'd like I can take pictures of the inside of the 3 menus (one per dining room).

Thank you again for sending Haley the game! She loves it too and I just had to drag her off from playing it for over 2 hours!

About the menus, I didn't take pictures either (other than the front of one or two). However, I do have the pirate menu if you need any info from it. In fact, I have a couple of them and will send you one if you want it for your scrapbook :goodvibes

I have copies of the Pirate menus too (its the only one I have). Glad Haley is enjoying the Rollercoaster Tycoon game. Jess is too.

I only have a couple pictures of the outside of the menus, not the inside. I know on Castwayclub dot com they have cruise menus on there. I'll be on the Wonder for a 3 day on 1/28 if you'd like I can take pictures of the inside of the 3 menus (one per dining room).

Thanks for the castaway club dot com info. That had the menus I needed. Thanks for offering to take more pics but I think I have what I need. I'm so jealous you are getting to cruise again so soon!

Fluvanna

I have copies of the Pirate menus too (its the only one I have). Glad Haley is enjoying the Rollercoaster Tycoon game. Jess is too.

Thanks for the castaway club dot com info. That had the menus I needed. Thanks for offering to take more pics but I think I have what I need. I'm so jealous you are getting to cruise again so soon!

Fluvanna

You are welcome! My friend and I are taking our oldest sons on the 1/28 3 day cruise thanks to the Kids Sail Free Promotion. I was just looking around on Travelosity a few months back to see what the best DCL deals around were and I saw we could get a room for $950 plus tax. My DH has his police promotion exam that weekend and it's only offered once a year so he couldn't go. I asked one of my best friends because she has 3 kids and usually has to get 2 rooms and she said they'd love to split the cost and go. We got SouthWest airlines tickets for $59 each way so we really lucked out. Now if only they offered the $99 bounceback deal again...

You are welcome! My friend and I are taking our oldest sons on the 1/28 3 day cruise thanks to the Kids Sail Free Promotion. I was just looking around on Travelosity a few months back to see what the best DCL deals around were and I saw we could get a room for $950 plus tax. My DH has his police promotion exam that weekend and it's only offered once a year so he couldn't go. I asked one of my best friends because she has 3 kids and usually has to get 2 rooms and she said they'd love to split the cost and go. We got SouthWest airlines tickets for $59 each way so we really lucked out. Now if only they offered the $99 bounceback deal again...

So Jealous!! have a wonderful time!!!

Hi everyone,

My home internet is back up, as I finally am back home in Chicago!! It was a great pleasure to meet all of you on the cruise!

I was on my way back to work yesterday, and as I was crossing the street(in the crosswalk, with the light), a Cab driver hit me, and I was in the emergency room at Northwestern Hospital for 3 hours being checked out(don't worry, I am just a little bruised and battered). It definitely could have been a lot worse, as my right arm and elbow are very sore, and I have a few cuts and bruises.

I hope everyone keeps in touch, as meeting all of you made the cruise that much more fun!

Take care and Happy Holidays!!

Scot Henderlong
Chicago, IL

I have some great pictures of you and Seam Para sailing! As soon as I figure out to upload them I will post...hope the ones I took on your camera came out!

I have some great pictures of you and Seam Para sailing! As soon as I figure out to upload them I will post...hope the ones I took on your camera came out!

Sorry Scott I have not been on here forever! The pictures you took turned out great and I hope the ones we took with your camera also came out!! We are booked for New Years Eve 2011 on the Dream! Only 709 short days away! Also NCL's newest ship is not charging a solo rate so maybe the industry will start to follow the trend!!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter