• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 4, 2011 Dream

I am doing the happy dance:yay::yay:! I just finished the last big project I have to complete at work before vacation. I am off for the next two days, have a travel day on Monday, convention Tues. - Thurs. and then a travel day on Friday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next Thanksgiving week I'll be in the office, but I won't be of much use to anyone, and I already warned them of that!

Beth

Mine is in the Marine Corps. :) But he does golf so I'm sure he can wear one of those with his slacks... but as hubby's often do he will try his best to get out of wearing that I'm sure. :rotfl:

Ah, we have tons and tons of Marines stationed here with us. I guess this is their training base for the weather students. Everyone is so excited for the Marine Ball tomorrow night! I'm kinda jealous of them, I've never been to an Air Force Ball because in 6 years of marriage, it's never once fallen on a night that we don't already have plans for :rotfl: My hubby always brings something nice to wear for dinner as do I, but we do enjoy getting dressed to the nines every now and then. Can't say I love putting on my heels though!

I'll do my best to attend the meet at 3:00 at D Lounge, but looking at recent Navigators, they have been holding the DVC member meet at 2:30 that day, so if that's the case, I'm going to be at the DVC member meet.

I'll do my best to attend the meet at 3:00 at D Lounge, but looking at recent Navigators, they have been holding the DVC member meet at 2:30 that day, so if that's the case, I'm going to be at the DVC member meet.

HI KAREN, WHAT IS THE DVC MEET. WE HAVE DONE THE MEMBER CRUISE A FEW TIMES THATS A GIGANTIC MEET:rotfl2: , DO THEY JUST GIVE YOU A MEMBER HAT AND TRY TO SELL MORE POINTS. IF WE GO I THINK THEY WOULD GET MY OPINION OF THINGS, AND I WONT BE GIVING THEM A RAH RAH! CHEER FOR THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN HANDLING THE MEMBER CRUISE. IF THEY MESS UP THE CALL In DAY FOR NEXT YEARS MEMBER CRUISE I WILL EXPRESSING MY OPINION, BUT I WOULD RATHER MEET UP WITH EVERYONE AT THE DISMEET, START OUR CRUISE IN A GOOD FRAME OF MIND!:worship:

HI KAREN, WHAT IS THE DVC MEET. WE HAVE DONE THE MEMBER CRUISE A FEW TIMES THATS A GIGANTIC MEET:rotfl2: , DO THEY JUST GIVE YOU A MEMBER HAT AND TRY TO SELL MORE POINTS. IF WE GO I THINK THEY WOULD GET MY OPINION OF THINGS, AND I WONT BE GIVING THEM A RAH RAH! CHEER FOR THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN HANDLING THE MEMBER CRUISE. IF THEY MESS UP THE CALL In DAY FOR NEXT YEARS MEMBER CRUISE I WILL EXPRESSING MY OPINION, BUT I WOULD RATHER MEET UP WITH EVERYONE AT THE DISMEET, START OUR CRUISE IN A GOOD FRAME OF MIND!:worship:

Yes, Ian. That's the DVC meet. I always enjoy going to it on the cruise, so I have to go :)

Psst... I just wanted to let people know that Walt Disney's 110th birthday is December 5th, during your cruise. I made a celebratory image for our MR cruise, but anyone is free to use it. Click it for a bigger one.

For everyone that is doing the FE or the Santa exchange my cabin # has changed again. LOL... They had a last minute FL resident rate come out and I was able to move up 3 catagories and pay less money. It was too good not to take up. I will send the new number to the organizers of both.

Psst... I just wanted to let people know that Walt Disney's 110th birthday is December 5th, during your cruise. I made a celebratory image for our MR cruise, but anyone is free to use it. Click it for a bigger one.

Cool graphic! Thanks for sharing it!

THANK YOU FOR THE GRAPHIC. OUR FRIEND SOPHIE WHO IS SAILING WITH US HER BIRTHDAY IS THE SAME DAY. SHE ISNT QUITE AS OLD AS WALT WOULD HAVE BEEN:rotfl2:

Just letting you all know ive just sent PRIVATE POSTS to everyone on the list informing you what EERORE77s new cabin number is.

Ive now poured a RUM based drink:rotfl2: Just remember im not walking the plank on PIRATE NIGHT if something goes wrong with the FE:rotfl2::scared1:

May the FORCE be with ME!!:rotfl2:

For everyone that is doing the FE or the Santa exchange my cabin # has changed again. LOL... They had a last minute FL resident rate come out and I was able to move up 3 catagories and pay less money. It was too good not to take up. I will send the new number to the organizers of both.

Got the updated information! See you onboard!

I just noticed that even though I am on the list for the FE's Our name is not in red on the 1t page. Not sure if that makes a difference.

thanks so much for sharing!!!

and also, the dvc meet, am i reading that correctly, it is the same time as when we planned on meeting everyone?? i really wanted to attend the dvc meet too.. any idea how long that is??

omg, can't even stand it, it is getting so close.. just about done with christmas shopping too... :banana:

and also, the dvc meet, am i reading that correctly, it is the same time as when we planned on meeting everyone?? i really wanted to attend the dvc meet too.. any idea how long that is??

omg, can't even stand it, it is getting so close.. just about done with christmas shopping too... :banana:

The meet up for the group is at 3 in D Lounge. I think someone said the DVC meet was at 2:30. I have no idea how long that is. Maybe you can duck out early and get to both! Is the DVC thing a meet up or a presentation? I thought they did the presentation more than once during the cruise?

Just letting you all know ive just sent PRIVATE POSTS to everyone on the list informing you what EERORE77s new cabin number is.

Ive now poured a RUM based drink:rotfl2: Just remember im not walking the plank on PIRATE NIGHT if something goes wrong with the FE:rotfl2::scared1:

May the FORCE be with ME!!:rotfl2:

You won't need to walk the plank. We'll be throwing you over the rail ;)

On recent navigators, the DVC member celebration is listed as being at 2:30 (of course it could be a different time on our cruise). They run about an hour long, I believe. So, if the DVC meet is at 2:30, it will run past the time of the DIS meet.

They usually don't draw the big prize (a $200 shipboard credit according to recent navigators) until the end, if memory serves me correctly.

On recent navigators, the DVC member celebration is listed as being at 2:30 (of course it could be a different time on our cruise). They run about an hour long, I believe. So, if the DVC meet is at 2:30, it will run past the time of the DIS meet.

They usually don't draw the big prize (a $200 shipboard credit according to recent navigators) until the end, if memory serves me correctly.

Where do they have the DVC member celebration? Maybe we could all meet at 2:15 just outside of where the DVC member celebration is?

Also, quick question...... what is it like on board weather-wise in December? Is it cooler because we're out at sea? (cooler than the forecast for the Bahamas, or PC?) Do I need a light jacket? Will it be too cold for swimming?

We leave in 3 days, so I'm trying to finish my packing today!!!

Karen

I've cruised both the Bahamas and the Western Caribbean in the same time frame and I definitely needed a sweater at night when I was out on deck. I freeze pretty easily though. You have to remember while you're sailing the wind is always blowing, which can make you chilly if you get cold easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter