Dec 22nd announcement?

Princess Jes

DIS Veteran
Guys!! I tuned in a bit late this morning, what was Pete's announcement about December 22nd?!

On Dec. 22, some of the DIS crew will be attending a special screening of Star Wars Force Awakens at 10am. I'm sorry I don't remember which theater it's going to be shown at though. I think they said it's limited to a 100 tickets.

Argh
On Dec. 22, some of the DIS crew will be attending a special screening of Star Wars Force Awakens at 10am. I'm sorry I don't remember which theater it's going to be shown at though. I think they said it's limited to a 100 tickets.
Argh I can't listen at work. How does one get tickets for that? We'll be off for Christmas break then, so I can go.

Sorry, I do not remember. :worried: If you listen to the show, you should be able to catch the part where they talked about it. I did ask a question about it on facebook on the the main DISUNPLUGGED page. I'm sure someone will post an answer.

Ahh excellent, thanks for that.
Star Wars, I should have guessed... At least it's not something I'm upset to be missing because I'm on the other side of the globe (aside from meeting the team)

Lolz
If only there was a place where you can go back and listen or watch to find out things you missed in the show.

I would love to meet the team, but I think my family would kill me for taking time away from the park to go see Star Wars.
Pfft, I say, have a family free period of the day and go do your own thang!

Lolz
If only there was a place where you can go back and listen or watch to find out things you missed in the show.
Except I was curious to know right away as opposed to waiting a few hours for the podcast to be up on iTunes... Patience isn't one of my strong points.
And I was listening on live stream on my phone but can't work out how to watch/listen and chat at the same time on my phone, plus I was getting ready for work so didn't have time to chat anyway... But thanks for your constructive feedback.

But thanks for your constructive feedback.

You got it :)
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_du7zw7u7dts0gwck8884gggs8_640.gif

The event is a fundraiser for Give Kids the World. There will be a sign up on Dec. 7. They haven't announced the details yet but 10 people will be able to have lunch with the Podcast team for $150 per person, or 100 tickets for $35 to watch the movie at Pointe Orlando on I Drive.

Last edited:
The event is a fundraiser for Give Kids the World. There will be a sign up on Dec. 7. They haven't announced the details yet but 10 people will be able to have lunch with the Podcast team for $150, or 100 tickets for $35 to watch the movie at Pointe Orlando on I Drive.
$150 each?
I'll pay for 5 DISunplugged listeners if someone shouts me airfare....

Anyone....?

Sign-ups will begin Monday 12/7/2015. A time has not been determined yet so keep an eye on the boards/DIS/Facebook/Twitter. A link to a sign-up page will be posted at the appropriate time. Here are some details:

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (shown in 2D)
Private Screening to Raise Money for Give Kids the World
December 22, 2015 (10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)

Sponsored by Dreams Unlimited Travel, Inc
Hosted by the DIS Unplugged

Theatre Location:
POINTE ORLANDO STADIUM 20 & IMAX
9101 International Drive
Orlando FL 32819

Movie Only = $35 per person (all ages)
Movie and Lunch with Podcast Team = $150 per person (all ages) - Lunch Location has not been determined yet.
(All monies go to Give Kids the World)

Space is very limited:
100 Seats total for movie (including the podcast cruise)
10 Seats for lunch (in addition to the podcast team)

Podcasters attending (including lunch):
Pete
John
Kevin
Corey
Craig
Teresa
Kathy
JenniLynn

Unfortunately Ryno and Steve will be out of town.

Pete will be matching the first $2500 raised.
John will be paying for lunch.

Sign-ups will begin Monday 12/7/2015. A time has not been determined yet so keep an eye on the boards/DIS/Facebook/Twitter. A link to a sign-up page will be posted at the appropriate time.

Argh. I have jury duty that day so I have no idea when/if I'll be able to check my phone. Drat. Here's hoping the timing works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter