Dec 21-27 2012 or 1st week of Jan 2013?

hockeybabe

DIS Veteran
Will there be any chance of lighter days during either of those times? This year, we could have had 2 weekdays before the Christmas weekend, but with Christmas on Tuesday next year, I guess most of the schools in the US will be getting out on the Friday. I wonder if waiting till the week of New Years will be better? Any one want to speculate? :confused3

Will there be any chance of lighter days during either of those times? This year, we could have had 2 weekdays before the Christmas weekend, but with Christmas on Tuesday next year, I guess most of the schools in the US will be getting out on the Friday. I wonder if waiting till the week of New Years will be better? Any one want to speculate? :confused3

While the first week in Jan. of 2012 should be busier than a usual first week of Jan. (many schools will still be closed during that time in 2012,) WDW should be less busy then, than the last week (or so) of the year.

So, NEXT year (2012 into 2013) the first week of Jan. (2013) should be much less busy than the Dec. dates.

While the first week in Jan. of 2012 should be busier than a usual first week of Jan. (many schools will still be closed during that time in 2012,) WDW should be less busy then, than the last week (or so) of the year.

So, NEXT year (2012 into 2013) the first week of Jan. (2013) should be much less busy than the Dec. dates.

True. The first week of Jan will be lighter than Christmas.

The past few years when I've gone, I've gone the first week of January (always arriving after January 1) and it's been wonderful. I do expect this year will be slightly more crowded than some years, but judging purely by ADR availability (amazingly good, even now), I think we'll still be ok. I would think that next year early January would be a pretty good week to go. In 2013, you're still going to have lots of people who have to get back to work on Wednesday, January 2, which will help clear things out. Try to extend your own vacation as long as possible into that following week to help maximize your low crowd times. Just watch out for the marathon weekend, though we've been there marathon weekend and it hasn't been an issue as long as you're prepared.

Thanks everyone! Sounds like first week of Jan will be best. But when does all the Christmas stuff stop? I don't suppose the parades will be going after Christmas, nor the Santas in Epcot. I have high school aged kids, so we can't get out of school anymore for vacation. We were hoping to experience some Christmas, but with Christmas on a Tuesday, I am guessing the crowds will be pretty high from the Friday before and on.

You'll still see some Christmas decorations the first week of January. The Osborne Lights are usually still running for a few days into January, and all the trees stay up that first week too, at the parks and the resorts. I don't recall seeing any Santas in Epcot, but there are definitely still decorations. They're quite beautiful. It's one reason I like going so much at that time. I can still see the decorations, still see the lights, but don't have the crazy Christmas crowds. WDW is marvelous at Christmas!

Thanks everyone! I think we will go for the week of Jan 2 thru 7th. Hopefully it will be awesome! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter