Dec 2011--lost!!-

RSADP

Mouseketeer
OK, so here's my situtation. The whole immdiate family (party of 13) usually takes our annual trip to WDW in September with our Free Dining plans...well, we are wanting to go to Disney for Christmas this year. I will be VERY pregnant and we want to make this trip so,so special for our DD who will be 5, her last Christmas as an 'only child'.

We are trying to do this on as tight as a budget as possible (who doesnt want to save $ ?!) because of the new baby etc. We've considered doing a VRBO and a few days on-site with dining plan... or do Value Resort?? I would perfer to fly because it is quite a drive being that pregnant from Fort Worth, Texas. We're praying, hoping, and wishing to get a Pin Code with an awesome deal. DH and I could just cut the days we would actually go to the parks and just let DD go with her Meme and Papa and also keep me off my feet some??....Just throwing some of the already brain-stormed ideas out there...

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

With a party of 13 (been there, done that) it really is more adorable to do off site. Unless one of your gang is under 3, you would need 4 rooms at a value! Even with free dining that would be pretty expensive...good luck!

When we went with a group of 10 we stayed off in a house in Windsor Hills. The whole house had a disney theme so we didn't feel like we weren't part of the magic. How about booking the house and then adding 1-2 nights at the end onsite? Then you can use ME to get back to the airport. If you get a code for a villa that would be great, but a whole house is still cheaper than a code.

How far along is "VERY pregnant?" Will they let you on the plane? I have heard of people having issues because it's a huge liability if something were to happen while you are in the air... same reason there are cruise line restrictions for pregnancy and newborns. Even if the airline says it's ok, I would make sure you have a doctor's note with you if you look really pregnant.

Thanks for all of the input; I need to clarify some details. My mother in law and her crew stay always stay at club level Poly. So really I'm trying to figure out the best deal for my family of 3 (maybe 4 if someone else decides to go). So say we don't get an awesome pin code; does anyone have any off-site suggestions? I would want to stay near the Poly or be able to have transportation to the parks where we can take the monorail to MIL's place for breakfast in their lounge. :yay:

I've already checked with the airlines and I'll be good to go as far as flying goes otherwise I was going to just nip this idea in the bud! :P

There aren't any offsite locations that are close to the Poly and if you're offsite in a house, you'd need to have your own transportation. Besides, I'm surprised you are able to enjoy breakfast in the concierge lounge when you aren't staying in the room and paying for CL benefits. Also, you aren't supposed to park at the Poly unless you're a resort Guest or going for a meal at one of the restaurants. Sounds like you need to stay CL at the Poly so I hope a code comes out. If you're very pregnant it might be worth the splurge as you can quickly get back to the resort for a rest.---Kathy

There aren't any offsite locations that are close to the Poly and if you're offsite in a house, you'd need to have your own transportation. Besides, I'm surprised you are able to enjoy breakfast in the concierge lounge when you aren't staying in the room and paying for CL benefits. Also, you aren't supposed to park at the Poly unless you're a resort Guest or going for a meal at one of the restaurants. Sounds like you need to stay CL at the Poly so I hope a code comes out. If you're very pregnant it might be worth the splurge as you can quickly get back to the resort for a rest.---Kathy

YOU'RE not STAYING there!!! Sorry, OP, I agree with dclfun--I think you need to re-think your approach. Also, another poster made a valid point about flying while preggers. You may want to check out airline/doctor restrictions.
I hope you can work something out...Good luck:wizard:

I don't know how you feel abut camping while pregnant, but I loved it! The campground wouldn't be very far away at all and would be very budget friendly...i would have her check if you can eat with her as her guest. If not, the poly has two wonderful restaurants. You will need adr's to get in most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter