• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec. 2, 2007-4 night Wonder and MouseFest Cruise

In 48 hours we will be on a plane to Disney. Weather is looking great. I really can't wait. We still have to pack and I have no idea what we are going to bring. Tom spent most of the weekend making stuff for our door and we are also going to make t-shirts and sweatshirts for MVMCP. We also found light up necklaces to wear so if you see us stop and say hi. I really don't think there will be too many other 6 foot 5 men wearing a light up necklace. :rotfl:

I'm starting to pack and it's a nightmare!!!!! Why on earth do we have so much stuff???? :scared: I need some packing tips. For instance, for children, how many pairs of shorts, tshirts, etc. is reasonable to bring? I know DH is going to freak out when he sees all this stuff since he thinks you can bring one shirt, one pair of shorts and swimtrunks and that's all you need! Who's the packing expert on here?

Jennifer

I just called DCL and they say not only Enchanted will be playing in the Buena Vista Theater but also National Treasure 2!

I just called DCL and they say not only Enchanted will be playing in the Buena Vista Theater but also National Treasure 2!

YES!!!!! :banana: Hope I can make both of them if the kids go to the clubs. Has anyone seen Enchanted and know if it's appropriate for small children? I'm kind of selective about what they see, no violence, sexual content, etc. Anyone know anything about it?

Jennifer

YES!!!!! :banana: Hope I can make both of them if the kids go to the clubs. Has anyone seen Enchanted and know if it's appropriate for small children? I'm kind of selective about what they see, no violence, sexual content, etc. Anyone know anything about it?

Jennifer

MPAA Rating: PG for some scary images and mild innuendo.

SSB saw it last night... and laughed a lot. I thought very well done, and Amy Adams was fantastic! I'll surely see it again on the cruise. I am glad to hear in BVT, as prefer that to WDT... great news on both!

MPAA Rating: PG for some scary images and mild innuendo.

SSB saw it last night... and laughed a lot. I thought very well done, and Amy Adams was fantastic! I'll surely see it again on the cruise. I am glad to hear in BVT, as prefer that to WDT... great news on both!

Thanks and glad you liked it! I never understand those ratings...what exactly is mild innuendo? What flies over some kids heads lands right on my son's!

Jennifer

In 48 hours we will be on a plane to Disney. Weather is looking great. I really can't wait. We still have to pack and I have no idea what we are going to bring. Tom spent most of the weekend making stuff for our door and we are also going to make t-shirts and sweatshirts for MVMCP. We also found light up necklaces to wear so if you see us stop and say hi. I really don't think there will be too many other 6 foot 5 men wearing a light up necklace. :rotfl:

Don't be too surprised, we found light up necklaces, too! I have them for MVMCP on Dec 6th with my DH's family.

Thanks and glad you liked it! I never understand those ratings...what exactly is mild innuendo? What flies over some kids heads lands right on my son's!

Jennifer

It is pretty mild stuff... I started to copy and paste from the details on yahoo, but did not want to post any spoilers of scenes. If you look under the rating details there, they give full explanation of scenes, etc. I never knew that was there before... so thanks for having me look! :)

Jennifer

Excellent! I will be there. Anyone bringing the popcorn?

Excellent! I will be there. Anyone bringing the popcorn?

And nothing better than the late night movie with a Disney refillable beer mug! ;) One o' my favorite spots on the ship.

Roger Ebert & Richard Roeper for years hosted a "Film Festival at Sea" there which I loved to attend, but have had to cancel last couple of years due to Roger's health. Maybe back next year!

It is pretty mild stuff... I started to copy and paste from the details on yahoo, but did not want to post any spoilers of scenes. If you look under the rating details there, they give full explanation of scenes, etc. I never knew that was there before... so thanks for having me look! :)

I tried to find what you were talking about on yahoo and apparently I'm too dense! Can you provide a link? Thanks!

Jennifer

I'm starting to pack and it's a nightmare!!!!! Why on earth do we have so much stuff???? :scared: I need some packing tips. For instance, for children, how many pairs of shorts, tshirts, etc. is reasonable to bring? I know DH is going to freak out when he sees all this stuff since he thinks you can bring one shirt, one pair of shorts and swimtrunks and that's all you need! Who's the packing expert on here?

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I know what you mean about packing. We are driving down in a camper and I have tons of bags for both going down and for the cruise. There are 7 of us and I am afraid that my bags, stroller, etc are going to take over the camper :eek: I have lists for everything and I keep remembering more things and adding them to my list (Oh No more stuff --:scared1: )

I usually pack approx 4 shorts and 4 t-shirts for the kids, plus dress clothes, swim suit and possible plan to wash once on the cruise. Sometimes it is so hard to know exactly what the kids will and won't wear this time of year. Last Nov when we went, I was the only one who wore sweatshirts, but who knows what the weather will be like this time.:santa:

Vicki

Hi Jennifer,

I know what you mean about packing. We are driving down in a camper and I have tons of bags for both going down and for the cruise. There are 7 of us and I am afraid that my bags, stroller, etc are going to take over the camper :eek: I have lists for everything and I keep remembering more things and adding them to my list (Oh No more stuff --:scared1: )

I usually pack approx 4 shorts and 4 t-shirts for the kids, plus dress clothes, swim suit and possible plan to wash once on the cruise. Sometimes it is so hard to know exactly what the kids will and won't wear this time of year. Last Nov when we went, I was the only one who wore sweatshirts, but who knows what the weather will be like this time.:santa:

Vicki

Okay, I have definitely overpacked then. I like your plan, I need to reduce the number of outfits except for the baby who tends to have leaky poo issues! Thanks for the guidance!
Jennifer

I tried to find what you were talking about on yahoo and apparently I'm too dense! Can you provide a link? Thanks!

Jennifer

Just sent a PM to you with the info... I was not sure if OK to post link, and already was in trouble earlier for too big a photo... ha ha! :)

22. If you need to change dining times or make a Palos reservation go to Wave Bands club directly upon boarding to take care of this. The sooner you do it the better your chances of getting what you want.

How do I find the Wave Banks club when I board the ship?
What are the chances of having your dining assignment changed? Is it true that they allocate late dining to folks without kids? If so, I may stick to mine :-)

Palo's is what I want to get into :-)

How do I find the Wave Banks club when I board the ship?
What are the chances of having your dining assignment changed? Is it true that they allocate late dining to folks without kids? If so, I may stick to mine :-)

Palo's is what I want to get into :-)

Not sure about dining bc I have three YOUNG kids and they gave us late dining. I'd love to switch to early!

Jennifer

SJ,

Wavebands is Deck 3 Forward... so from where you enter the ship, same deck/floor and to the right. In general the early seating is the tighter one, so usually will be assigned late seating if no kids involved, it seems to me.

Good luck with Palo's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter