• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec. 2, 2007-4 night Wonder and MouseFest Cruise

The parade was filmed last year when we were there. We didn't go in MK on the day, but did see preparations and the cameras in place. The big Christmas tree normally in front of the station in Main Street was at the side of the castle until after the filming. We never saw it in its rightful place.

They are filming on Saturday 1st this year.

When we were there in 2004, they taped the guests and the parade on 2 different days, so we were shocked when we came in and they were herding us to the stage area for Mariah Carrey. We saw her do 2 numbers and then we saw Dianna Degarmo (from American Idol) but I believe the parade was taped the day before.
We will be on property on the 1st but we will be avoiding MK. It was fun but once was enough.

I'm going shopping on the 1st, washing, packing, then DTD for a browse and Raglan Road with friends later!!

Too funny, as remember the first year living here (11 years ago) took DD1 to MK on Christmas Day... ACK! MEGA crowd scene... probably the biggest that I have ever been a part of at parks... ha ha!

We were there also in 2004 the day they filmed the parade. Your right Kimmy it was hot. Didn't stick around for the taping, saw Regis and Kelly and checked out all the camera set ups. We hung out in the back of the park most of the day. It was pretty nice, most of the crowd was on main street and we could walk on most rides with little wait.

Tom pirate:

about packing and forgetting important things! I think my memory's worsened after the last one was born and I'm terrified that I'll forget something invaluable like diapers or wipes or something. I even had a nightmare that we got left behind on an excursion and didn't have anything for the kids to eat, diapers for the baby, etc. Anyone know where I can get a thorough packing list OR can anyone think of one thing they always are glad they have / wish they had /always forget but wish they had? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:eek:
Jennifer

about packing and forgetting important things! I think my memory's worsened after the last one was born and I'm terrified that I'll forget something invaluable like diapers or wipes or something. I even had a nightmare that we got left behind on an excursion and didn't have anything for the kids to eat, diapers for the baby, etc. Anyone know where I can get a thorough packing list OR can anyone think of one thing they always are glad they have / wish they had /always forget but wish they had? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!:eek:
Jennifer

Jennifer,

I believe granmaz posted a couple of links a while back that has a thorough list for packing. I just printed it out yesterday.

Here is the link:

http://http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=468132

Hope this helps!

Hi All!

Are any of you all going to MVMCP before or after the cruise?

We are going to be at WDW before and after, and are planning to go once before the cruise, and once before we leave for home. We most likely will not be able to stay for the whole thing depending on how cool it is at night, and if Noah is still awake!

Is there a group get together for MVMCP?

Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!

Robb

Hi All!

We are going to be at WDW before and after, and are planning to go once before the cruise, and once before we leave for home. We most likely will not be able to stay for the whole thing depending on how cool it is at night, and if Noah is still awake!

Robb

I think we are going the Thursday before the cruise. We are going to wait until Wednesday to decide. If not we will be going after the cruise. We are going to wait to see about the weather. We went to the first Pirate and Princess party last year and it poured rain for the first few hours and I really don't want to do that again. We would love to meet up with anyone who is going.

Hi All!

Robb

Hi Robb.
We are going to the party when we get back on the 10th.

We're going to MVMCP on the 6th, the day we get back from the ship. I bought the admission tickets early in the year as we are taking my husband's relatives with us. All 12 of us are having dinner at Liberty Tree- that's the closest we'll have to a Thanksgiving together since we're spread around the country.

We're going on the 29th November with our friends from Georgia. We are also eating at LTT just before the party which is a first for us!!:banana:

Hi All!

Robb

Robb,

Going on Thursday the 29th along with granmaz. I have no idea what to expect and going to try and do our best to see as much as possible.

It won't open for me for some reason, though sometimes my computer is a bit whacky. I'll try again later. Thanks!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

I clicked on the link and it didn't work for me either....perhaps I did something wrong. :confused3

I'm glad that the link granmaz posted worked for you though! :)

Robb,

Going on Thursday the 29th along with granmaz. I have no idea what to expect and going to try and do our best to see as much as possible.

It is fun, though I think John didn't enjoy it as much as I did. I booked again this year without asking him!!!:lmao: , as our friends from Georgia are down and they wanted to go.

The best thing, were the fireworks and parade. Much of the rest is geared to children(of course). It was busier than I expected, but we did manage about 3 pick ups of either hot chocolate and cookies or apple juice and apple slices. You can buy a special pin of the day.

This time I think we will go on some rides whilst the first parade is on(they run it twice). We just wandered around last time.

It is fun, though I think John didn't enjoy it as much as I did. I booked again this year without asking him!!!:lmao: , as our friends from Georgia are down and they wanted to go.

The best thing, were the fireworks and parade. Much of the rest is geared to children(of course). It was busier than I expected, but we did manage about 3 pick ups of either hot chocolate and cookies or apple juice and apple slices. You can buy a special pin of the day.

This time I think we will go on some rides whilst the first parade is on(they run it twice). We just wandered around last time.

Uh oh......guess John is in for a surprise! :)

Isn't there some sort of story telling over in Tomorrowland??

I know Tim wants to do some riding, but the rest of us are okay with just taking in the sites, parades, fireworks and the free hot chocolate, etc.! :)

We may grab a light dinner at the counter service later in the evening if we are still not stuffed from the afternoon tea prior. :)

Thanks for the info!

Joy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter