• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 18, 2011 - Disney Dream

The thread has been pretty quiet for some time. Not sure how many still come back here and check in. Hopefully it picks up as the sail date gets closer. A meet would be great! When and where? When we sailed the Wonder, we did it at 3:00 until time for the Sail Away in the Promenade Lounge on deck 3. I don't know if there is an equivalent on the Dream other than the Vista Cafe on deck 4. What does everyone think? Also, on the Wonder most of us wore a cheesy plastic green lei to the meet so we could spot each other. Any ideas on that? Just stirrin' the pot. :stir:

Has everyone received their luggage tags and docs but me? :scared1: Does anyone know if those go to the TA or if they will come straight to me? :confused: I actually talked to the clueless TA this morning :sad2: and she did not say anything about the docs. I did tell her to call me if she got them.

Btw, are we all meeting somewhere on the ship on the first day?

thanks!

dorothy (aka fatfish)

Hi Dorothy,
Our tags went to our TA and we are meeting up with her later this week or next to go over everything she has planned for us. See you on the ship.

Hey Everybody! The poster who originally started this thread changed their plans and moved to a different cruise in late September and I don't think the Cruisers list has been updated since then, so I took a cut at updating it. Let me know if any corrections/deletions/additions need to be made and I'll try to keep it updated. Just remember to look here instead of the top of the thread.

Cruisers:
kimgg (Kim), dh, ds12, ds9
kimgg's dd and dd's dh, dd2
CaptainMorgan, dh, ds18, ds14, dn9, dn5 + 6 adult family members (happy 50th anniversary!)
ldavarado (Lisa), dd13, dd9
karenTX, dh, dd6
karenTX's mil and fil
gourt (Laura), dh (Scott), dd14, Grandma Pauline (happy 70th birthday!)
disneyfan21, ds14
sdhines00 (Steph), dd10 (Brianna - happy birthday!), ds6 (Ethan)
sdhines00's mil and fil
LTBigRed (Lynn), dd6 (Char - happy birthday!)
SuzyQTX1969 (Suzy), BF (Gary), DS6 (Christopher), dm (Carol)
PrincessJasmine08 (25), 2 sisters, parents, grandpa, aunt, cousin
disneydawgs4, dh, dd16, ds7
kneckhart98 (40), DH45, DD13, DS10, DD7
CrusinLattas (Renee), dh, dd7 (Anna), ds5 (AJ)
CrusinLattas' mil
CrusinLattas' friends Karen, Shane, dd Callie, ds Chad
CrusinLattas' friends Paula, Joey, ds5 (Mack), dd8 (Ashlyn), dd11 (Savannah)
CrusinLattas' friends Martha, Bobby
CrusinLattas' friends Amy, Jeff
CrusinLattas' friends Dana, ds5 (Dyson)
eve adkins (Eve, 38), dh35 (Ryan), ds16 (Zack), ds11 (Christopher), ds8 (Jacob), dd3 (Katie)
kkfinley (Krista), dh (Jason), dd9 (Ann), dd5 (Kate), dm (Joyce), df (Pat)
Pixie Dust II
polly5 & 3 dds
ShyMiss, dh, dd12, ds9
mamaprincess (Joy), dh (Michael), dd13, dd13, dd8
Irish9697 (36), ds12 (Wyatt), dd11 (happy birthday Anna!)
Irish9697's pawpaw (64) and mawmaw (64)
FLORIDA_DAD, dw, ds7, dd5
4boons (Bill), dw (Laura), dd17 (Katie)
kstogner
slg, dh, ds16, ds13, ds10
KimmySue, dd13, ds10
clower5luvzdiz, ds26, ds17, dd14
suzanne_lewis, dh Jeff, dm & df, ds13 Dillon, dd8 Kylie
maganspikes, ds9, nana
NewCruiser2011(35), dfi(37)
rebalum (Sandy), dh (Mike), dd15 (Megan), ds12 (Tyler)
rebalum's sis and parents
JaxTeach, dh, dm, df, db, dniece(7), dnephew(9)
joshiegator (Linda), dh (Jon), ds8 (Joshua), dd7 (Caitlin)
joshiegator's sis and parents
Gnfdsuzi, dh (happy anniversary!)
Gnfdsuzi's ds + dw
MN jenfro, ds7, dd5
MN jenfro's db + dw
MN jenfro's parents
ModestMouse, dw, ds12, ds10
adrianna, ds8, dd4
fatfish & dd10(Maggie)
smurph, dgf (Wendy), dgf's dds Rachel(15) & Mary(13)

FE Exchange Thread (thanks Krista!): FE Exchange Thread link

Tentative cruisers:
Angie_Ohio, DH, DS(16), DS(13), DS(12), DS(28), DDIL
NoodlesMom + 3

Hope this helps!

Smurph

Can you please delete my in-laws. They had to back out of the cruise.

Thanks,

No documents for us yet either. :confused: I have called my TA and am waiting on a response.

I heard from my TA this afternoon and she has our documents. I am picking them up tomorrow. :woohoo: :yay:

We would be interested in doing a meet the first day as well.

Krista

Well, I hate posting this but we had to cancel our trip. We've had some family problems come up that we need to be at home to address. :( we will be going for sure in the next year after things get resolved. In the meantime, if anyone needs tickets to MVMCP for the 16th...please PM me!!!!

Well, I hate posting this but we had to cancel our trip. We've had some family problems come up that we need to be at home to address. :( we will be going for sure in the next year after things get resolved. In the meantime, if anyone needs tickets to MVMCP for the 16th...please PM me!!!!

Well darn! Hope everything works out and you get to enjoy a cruise in the near future!

Got our documents and tags! :wizard: I am so glad to see so many tweens on the list. They should all have a great time in the Edge.:banana:

Got my docs and luggage tags from my TA last night. And I was so pleased to find out my onboard perks are more than I had originally expected. :cool1:

Can't wait to start "Dream-ing"!! :cloud9: ;) :santa:

1 month from today we will be boarding the Dream!!! :woohoo:

Indeed! Can't wait! My girlfriend's daughters still don't know. We are trying to keep them focused on school for another 2 weeks before we spring it on them. Hope traffic picks up on this thread a little more before the cruise so we can get a decent meet set up. Don't know where everyone went. :confused3

So excited about this trip....not on my first Disney Cruise, but my first cruise EVER! Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and see you soon on the DREAM! :santa: :dance3: :banana:

Hi it's not long now and the kids are so excited! Caitlin has been helping me with our FE gifts - oh why didn't we start earlier...... She keeps asking how many sleeps, so cute. Can't wait to meet everyone.

We would be interested in meeting everyone as well. The whole family is super excited for this cruise! I am on the disboards everyday. Funny how I always seem to find time for it! FE gifts are ready to go, just trying to figure out how to pack them all! I may have gone a little overboard :rolleyes1

Hi all - working on fish extenders! I am confused - the list that is posted in this thread is different than the spreadsheet on Google docs.

Is the Google doc correct or is the list in this thread posted by smurph?

thanks!

Laura

Hi Laura,

The google document is the correct list to use for the fish extender gifts. The list posted by smurph is the list of dissers going on the cruise. Not everyone chose to participate in the gift exchange.

HTH, Krista

I don't know if this has been discussed on the FE thread, but has a meet place and time been established? :confused3 I know the OP that was kind of organizing everything has dropped out. I was thinking we could meet at 3PM at Currents on Deck 13. Plenty of room, outside, drinks, etc. available. If the weather looks bad we could go inside to Vista Cafe on deck 4. Thoughts? I'll post this on the FE thread as well in case there is more traffic there. Hope we get some takers! And any suggestions for visual cues so we can find each other are certainly welcome!

Our little group of 20 is getting together to get Docs, T-Shirts, Door Magnets, port & ship info etc. today! We will have Mickey Chicken Nuggets to get in the mood...:rotfl: We are really looking forward to it!

We have decided to drive the car vs. RV so we can go on a cruise in March with the money we save on gas! If anyone is interested I have a group deal for Royal Caribbean (I know, not Disney, but I have to go on another cruise line for certification!) out of Cape Canaveral for our Spring Break March 12 - 16 same route as our trip only CoCoCay vs. Castaway Cay and around $400 PP double occupancy plus $50 OBC. My biggest challenge is getting payments in before we go on this trip in December!

Hopefully evenyone has their Docs and are getting ready to go! I know we are excited! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter