• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 18, 2011 - Disney Dream

You know, I'm not opposed to the idea. My husband is deployed, so this is the first time that I have traveled as a solo parent. It might be nice to be with another solo parent in case my littlest needed to run for the bathroom. Still, we are a rather introverted lot. Usually we request to be seated as a party of four with no tablemates, but I'm guessing they won't do that for a party of three. My kiddos both have January birthdays, so they will be weeks shy of 9 and 5 when we cruise. The oldest is in third grade. Maybe we could get a third party to join us? Any other parents traveling solo with kiddos?

I am a single parent with 2 kids also. My DD will just have turned 10 on the 16th and my DS has a January birthday so he will almost be 7. We are traveling with another single mom and her DD which her birthday is the day we board the boat (she will be 6). So this is a birthday cruise for the girls. See you on the ship.

We are really looking forward to the countdown now! I am still waiting to see cabin assignments for a couple GTY rooms we booked. Did anyone get affected by the new catagory updates on the Dream? I don't think anyone in our group did since we didn't get a note from Disney but I think it is great some people may get money back!

Everyone in our group has decided to do the F/E - I'll add the cabin numbers I know and put TBA on the one's that we are still waiting on.

Usually we book our next cruise while we are on the ship. I still don't know if I want to book and support Galveston - even though I can't see cruising Disney without Castaway Cay or book the Fantasy - it looks so amazing! I think in the back of my mind I think the Galveston prices will really drop and then I can justify missing out on Orlando and the new ship and Castaway Cay - we'll see - I think planning is half the fun!' I know we have a ship full of Texas people - is anyone else having the same delima?

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween today. pirate:

We are really looking forward to the countdown now! I am still waiting to see cabin assignments for a couple GTY rooms we booked. Did anyone get affected by the new catagory updates on the Dream? I don't think anyone in our group did since we didn't get a note from Disney but I think it is great some people may get money back!

Everyone in our group has decided to do the F/E - I'll add the cabin numbers I know and put TBA on the one's that we are still waiting on.

Usually we book our next cruise while we are on the ship. I still don't know if I want to book and support Galveston - even though I can't see cruising Disney without Castaway Cay or book the Fantasy - it looks so amazing! I think in the back of my mind I think the Galveston prices will really drop and then I can justify missing out on Orlando and the new ship and Castaway Cay - we'll see - I think planning is half the fun!' I know we have a ship full of Texas people - is anyone else having the same delima?

The room we booked is now a 5E, but was a 6A when we booked it. It's supposedly one of those with the extra large balconies on the back.

We are Texans, too. Austin area.

I booked two cruises on our last cruise, so we have the week before Christmas 2012 scheduled on the Fantasy already. I'm toying with changing to fall break out of Galveston and upgrading to a suite since the rates are so low, but a little skittish since suite deposits are non-refundable, and heaven knows if we'll even be living in this country next year.

What I'm really holding out for is Greece! I would book that in a heartbeat.

I just went into the system to pull up cabin assignments on our GTY people and everyone had a slight refund of around $10 due to a reduced tax! I'm sure it will affect most of you as well - check with your TA or Disney if you booked directly - it just showed up in the system so they may not know about it - if you qualify the amount should be credited back to you soon!:banana:

The room we booked is now a 5E, but was a 6A when we booked it. It's supposedly one of those with the extra large balconies on the back.

We are Texans, too. Austin area.

I booked two cruises on our last cruise, so we have the week before Christmas 2012 scheduled on the Fantasy already. I'm toying with changing to fall break out of Galveston and upgrading to a suite since the rates are so low, but a little skittish since suite deposits are non-refundable, and heaven knows if we'll even be living in this country next year.

What I'm really holding out for is Greece! I would book that in a heartbeat.

We booked a suite a couple years ago for this Christmas and then changed it to the week before due to the great price decrease - They just transferred the deposit to the new cruise and applied the extra money we saved to a payment. Disney is usually great about letting you change things around as long as you are changing it to another Disney cruise. We really enjoyed our trip a couple years ago at the suite level!

You are welcome to join our table. We will have myself, DD (10), DS (6), my friend and her DD (6). We are also eating at the early seating. My name is Stephanie Hines just in case you need that. See you on the cruise. I'm sure our daughters will see each other in the OL.

Another Texan with a 10 year old DD? That would be perfect! :wizard: We would love to join your and your friend and your families. I'll PM you with our info.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah
You know, I'm not opposed to the idea. My husband is deployed, so this is the first time that I have traveled as a solo parent. It might be nice to be with another solo parent in case my littlest needed to run for the bathroom. Still, we are a rather introverted lot. Usually we request to be seated as a party of four with no tablemates, but I'm guessing they won't do that for a party of three. My kiddos both have January birthdays, so they will be weeks shy of 9 and 5 when we cruise. The oldest is in third grade. Maybe we could get a third party to join us? Any other parents traveling solo with kiddos?

I am a single parent with 2 kids also. My DD will just have turned 10 on the 16th and my DS has a January birthday so he will almost be 7. We are traveling with another single mom and her DD which her birthday is the day we board the boat (she will be 6). So this is a birthday cruise for the girls. See you on the ship.

Maybe we could all sit together at dinner? I'm a "the more the merrier" kind of person. Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks!

No dilema for me! I booked the Magic out of Galveston the first day it ws available! I'm an hour and a half from the port. I love CC, but I love cruising out of my backyard even more. :cool1:

Hi all, I know we talked a long time ago about cabin tours - is anyone still interested? I know in our traveling group we have all type rooms except the concierge and family suites - including two accessible rooms - one ocean view and one balcony. We don't have a regular ocean view either. Let me know if you are interested and we can figure out a time. None of our group is planning on doing anything major on the Nassau day if that is a good time - let me know!

No dilema for me! I booked the Magic out of Galveston the first day it ws available! I'm an hour and a half from the port. I love CC, but I love cruising out of my backyard even more. :cool1:

:thumbsup2 Glad you are supporting the port!

I stumbled upon a Walmart with loads of good Halloween candy at 50%. Only the outer bags look Halloween-ish. So I stocked up on full-size bars of Kit Kats and Hershey's, and fun-size bags of Snickers and Milky Ways for the kid's club CMs (and the bag for my autograph pillowcases).

A little chocolate goes a long way on the ship! ;)

I think that was the last of the things I still needed to get for the cruise. Now I just have to wait 43 days to board the ship!! :lovestruc

I've been so busy with work that I really lost track of time...can't believe the cruise is only about 6 weeks away....I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone...:goodvibes...so sad I missed the FE deadline...

Hey there. If anyone who currently has the Thai Poultice or Bamboo massage booked decides to cancel, will you PM me first? The times that are left don't work for me, and I'd really like to try something new.

I currently have the Fire and Ice pedicure and the Stones massage booked, my two cruiseship favorites. What about ya'all? Any favorites?

YEA. It's only 35 days 19 hours until we board the plane bound to the most magical place on earth. Really looking forward to 3 days at the parks before we board the Dream for Brianna's 10th Birthday cruise.

:dance3: :cheer2: :woohoo: :yay: :hourglass

Been following the thread almost since the beginning, but didn't post because I wasn't sure it was going to happen, but today the luggage tags came! So it's on! Can't wait to do some holiday cruising! It will be me (Smurph), DGF Wendy,and her 2 DD, Rachel (15) & Mary (13). We cruised a 4 night Bahamas on the Wonder in September of last year, but tropical storm Nicole scuttled the cruise. We made the Nassau stop, but couldn't get into CC and couldn't really get away from Nicole. I'm sure the captain did his best, but we drove around for the next 2 days in 18 foot seas, rain, and gusty winds. Day 3 was on an off and they squeezed in a scaled down pirate party and fireworks but day 4 you couldn't go topside. So we're hoping this cruise will be better and we make it to CC. We will be doing the meet if one is arranged but won't be doing the FE. Hope everyone has a great cruise! See you real soon! :wave2:

Hey Everybody! The poster who originally started this thread changed their plans and moved to a different cruise in late September and I don't think the Cruisers list has been updated since then, so I took a cut at updating it. Let me know if any corrections/deletions/additions need to be made and I'll try to keep it updated. Just remember to look here instead of the top of the thread.

Cruisers:
kimgg (Kim), dh, ds12, ds9
kimgg's dd and dd's dh, dd2
CaptainMorgan, dh, ds18, ds14, dn9, dn5 + 6 adult family members (happy 50th anniversary!)
ldavarado (Lisa), dd13, dd9
gourt (Laura), dh (Scott), dd14, Grandma Pauline (happy 70th birthday!)
disneyfan21, ds14
sdhines00 (Steph), dd10 (Brianna - happy birthday!), ds6 (Ethan)
LTBigRed (Lynn), dd6 (Char - happy birthday!)
SuzyQTX1969 (Suzy), BF (Gary), DS6 (Christopher), dm (Carol)
PrincessJasmine08 (25), 2 sisters, parents, grandpa, aunt, cousin
disneydawgs4, dh, dd16, ds7
kneckhart98 (40), DH45, DD13, DS10, DD7
CrusinLattas (Renee), dh, dd7 (Anna), ds5 (AJ)
CrusinLattas' mil
CrusinLattas' friends Karen, Shane, dd Callie, ds Chad
CrusinLattas' friends Paula, Joey, ds5 (Mack), dd8 (Ashlyn), dd11 (Savannah)
CrusinLattas' friends Martha, Bobby
CrusinLattas' friends Amy, Jeff
CrusinLattas' friends Dana, ds5 (Dyson)
eve adkins (Eve, 38), dh35 (Ryan), ds16 (Zack), ds11 (Christopher), ds8 (Jacob), dd3 (Katie)
kkfinley (Krista), dh (Jason), dd9 (Ann), dd5 (Kate), dm (Joyce), df (Pat)
Pixie Dust II
polly5 & 3 dds
ShyMiss, dh, dd12, ds9
mamaprincess (Joy), dh (Michael), dd13, dd13, dd8
Irish9697 (36), ds12 (Wyatt), dd11 (happy birthday Anna!)
Irish9697's pawpaw (64) and mawmaw (64)
FLORIDA_DAD, dw, ds7, dd5
4boons (Bill), dw (Laura), dd17 (Katie)
kstogner
slg, dh, ds16, ds13, ds10
KimmySue, dd13, ds10
clower5luvzdiz, ds26, ds17, dd14
suzanne_lewis, dh Jeff, dm & df, ds13 Dillon, dd8 Kylie
maganspikes, ds9, nana
NewCruiser2011(35), dfi(37)
rebalum (Sandy), dh (Mike), dd15 (Megan), ds12 (Tyler)
rebalum's sis and parents
JaxTeach, dh, dm, df, db, dniece(7), dnephew(9)
joshiegator (Linda), dh (Jon), ds8 (Joshua), dd7 (Caitlin)
joshiegator's sis and parents
Gnfdsuzi, dh (happy anniversary!)
Gnfdsuzi's ds + dw
MN jenfro, ds7, dd5
MN jenfro's db + dw
MN jenfro's parents
ModestMouse, dw, ds12, ds10
adrianna, ds8, dd4
fatfish & dd10(Maggie)
smurph, dgf (Wendy), dgf's dds Rachel(15) & Mary(13)

FE Exchange Thread (thanks Krista!): FE Exchange Thread link

Tentative cruisers:
Angie_Ohio, DH, DS(16), DS(13), DS(12), DS(28), DDIL
NoodlesMom + 3

Hope this helps!

Smurph

Thanks for taking the time to do this. It's always a bummer to join a meet thread and then have to depart. I think that's why I waited until I was paid in full this time. We had planned to do the Baltic in 2010, but ended up switching to a less expesnsive cruise and buying a new house instead. It was sad and a little embarassing to back out of that thread, but the house made it worthwhile. :goodvibes

Wow that list really grew! Awesome!! Have we hit the cut off date yet? Is the list final?

We got our luggage tags and cruise docs today!

:banana:

We got our luggage tags and cruise docs today!

:banana:

Has everyone received their luggage tags and docs but me? :scared1: Does anyone know if those go to the TA or if they will come straight to me? :confused: I actually talked to the clueless TA this morning :sad2: and she did not say anything about the docs. I did tell her to call me if she got them.

Btw, are we all meeting somewhere on the ship on the first day?

thanks!

dorothy (aka fatfish)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter