• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 18, 2011 - Disney Dream

Is there a link to the list for the FE's...just wondering what the numbers are up to now..Thanks

Here is the link to the FE list. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtHE8nE1VrLUdGdzOTNCYkFidXRrdXg5SVZzczJnYnc&hl=en_US#gid=0
The names in red are confirmed participates. I have talked to Renee (CruisinLattas) via PM and she is waiting on a couple of people from her group to let her know if they want to participate before she signs everyone up. She told me that she has 3 cabins for sure and a possible total of 5/6 cabins. I will update the list with her info as soon as I receive it.

Krista

This will be our first cruise ever. We are old hands at Disney World (15 trips) and are thrilled to be cruising on the Dream. It's me, DW, and DS (12) and DS (10). We are looking forward to a fun trip. We'll have to board quickly on the 18th to catch the Saints game :goodvibes (if you see a tall guy in a New Orleans Saints cap it might be me--say hello!)

This will be our first cruise ever. We are old hands at Disney World (15 trips) and are thrilled to be cruising on the Dream. It's me, DW, and DS (12) and DS (10). We are looking forward to a fun trip. We'll have to board quickly on the 18th to catch the Saints game :goodvibes (if you see a tall guy in a New Orleans Saints cap it might be me--say hello!)

:welcome:

Hi Krista -

We are coming in the day before (takes most of the day to travel from west coast), and we are staying at the Hyatt MCO. We did that last year on our cruise and really enjoyed the convenience. You are literally right inside the airport and the Hyatt gets your luggage to the ship for you.

You are doing great on the FE list! Here's a photo of the Fish Extender I made for last year's trip.

IMG_0155.JPG

Love the fish extender.

We will also be coming in the night before and staying at the Hyatt MCO. This has worked well in the past.

Bill

We have had this cruise booked for as long as I can remember, but was unsure until fairly recently if we were a go. We are me (Adrianna-37), DS(8), and DD(4). We have 10660 booked and are hoping that balcony is really as big as it looks on the map.

I sailed the Wonder at Christmas in 2008, so if anyone has questions about Christmastime on the ships, I may have an answer. This cruise will be sandwiched between a short stay at the Beach Club, and a longer one afterwards at Shades of Green. With the airfare, it saved us quite a chunk of change to fly out on a weekday.

No fish extenders for us, I just don't have the energy on a 4 day cruise.

We have had this cruise booked for as long as I can remember, but was unsure until fairly recently if we were a go. We are me (Adrianna-37), DS(8), and DD(4). We have 10660 booked and are hoping that balcony is really as big as it looks on the map.

I sailed the Wonder at Christmas in 2008, so if anyone has questions about Christmastime on the ships, I may have an answer. This cruise will be sandwiched between a short stay at the Beach Club, and a longer one afterwards at Shades of Green. With the airfare, it saved us quite a chunk of change to fly out on a weekday.

No fish extenders for us, I just don't have the energy on a 4 day cruise.

:welcome:

We've cruised in both December and January and found the weather to be quite pleasant. Temps in the 80's, water temps comfortable enough... especially if you're used to MN lake temps. The rainy season should have passed by December. The challenge is if you're going to WDW afterward. Seems to require a wardrobe to cover chillier mornings.

Good to know! We are planning to spend a few days at DW when we get back, so I will have to make sure to pack some warm clothes as well. Although, I may have to sneak them in, as I know my ds and dd will not be happy about it! :)

One of my friends went last year when WDW was having that record cold snap, and it was in the 30s her entire vacation, but that's rare. I would typically wear capri pants and a sweatshirt, and have the sweatshirt wrapped around my waist by midday. We'll just have to watch the weather, and see what they're predicting. The Caribbean should be quite lovely, no matter what.

I don't see us on this list.

Its me, Dorothy (the mom) :surfweb: and dd10 (Maggie) princess:

Looking forward to this cruise, and meeting all y'all!

Cruisers:
kimgg (Kim), dh, ds12, ds9
kimgg's dd and dd's dh, dd2
CaptainMorgan, dh, ds18, ds14, dn9, dn5 + 6 adult family members (happy 50th anniversary!)
ldavarado (Lisa), dd13, dd9
karenTX, dh, dd6
karenTX's mil and fil
gourt (Laura), dh (Scott), dd14, Grandma Pauline (happy 70th birthday!)
disneyfan21, ds14
sdhines00 (Steph), dd10 (Brianna - happy birthday!), ds6 (Ethan)
sdhines00's mil and fil
LTBigRed (Lynn), dd6 (Char - happy birthday!)
SuzyQTX1969 (Suzy), BF (Gary), DS6 (Christopher), dm (Carol)
PrincessJasmine08 (25), 2 sisters, parents, grandpa, aunt, cousin
disneydawgs4, dh, dd16, ds7
CrusinLattas (Renee), dh, dd7 (Anna), ds5 (AJ)
CrusinLattas' mil
CrusinLattas' friends Karen, Shane, dd Callie, ds Chad
CrusinLattas' friends Paula, Joey, ds5 (Mack), dd8 (Ashlyn), dd11 (Savannah)
CrusinLattas' friends Martha, Bobby
CrusinLattas' friends Amy, Jeff
CrusinLattas' friends Dana, ds5 (Dyson)
eve adkins (Eve, 38), dh35 (Ryan), ds16 (Zack), ds11 (Christopher), ds8 (Jacob), dd3 (Katie)
kkfinley (Krista), dh (Jason), dd9 (Ann), dd5 (Kate), dm (Joyce), df (Pat)
Pixie Dust II
polly5
ShyMiss, dh, dd12, ds9
mamaprincess (Joy), dh (Michael), dd13, dd13, dd8
Irish9697 (36), ds12 (Wyatt), dd11 (happy birthday Anna!)
Irish9697's pawpaw (64) and mawmaw (64)
FLORIDA_DAD, dw, ds7, dd5
4boons (Bill), dw (Laura), dd17 (Katie)
slg, dh, ds16, ds13, ds10
KimmySue, dd13, ds10
clower5luvzdiz, ds26, ds17, dd14
maganspikes, ds9, nana
NewCruiser2011(35), dfi(37)
rebalum (Sandy), dh (Mike), dd15 (Megan), ds12 (Tyler)
rebalum's sis and parents
JaxTeach, dh, dm, df, db, dniece(7), dnephew(9)
joshiegator (Linda), dh (Jon), ds8 (Joshua), dd7 (Caitlin)
joshiegator's sis and parents
Gnfdsuzi, dh (happy anniversary!)
Gnfdsuzi's ds + dw

FE Exchange Thread (thanks Krista!): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=42179048#post42179048

Tentative cruisers:
Angie_Ohio, DH, DS(16), DS(13), DS(12), DS(28), DDIL
NoodlesMom + 3

Anyone have an idea of what the weather will be like in December?

The past 2 years it has been cold at WDW. Two years ago was brutal. Last year was better, but still cold. A few years before that, it was in the 30's at night as well. Its best to plan for both cold and warm weather.

This is only our second Disney cruise. On our first cruise, our table mates were wealthy grandparents from Africa (I don't remember the country) with their granddaughter from DC. They had thick accents and spoke softly. I could not understand a word they said. Plus, they were late for dinner every night, to the point of actually missing dinner on the last night as they showed up as dessert was being served. :scared1:

So, I'm thinking maybe I should arrange my own table mates for this cruise. Anyone in this group with Early Seating interested in being our table mates? Its just me and dd10, so anyone with kids 8 - 11 would be ideal. We have reasonable table manners, but are definitely not formal. :) And we do love to eat... :rolleyes1

Thanks!

This is only our second Disney cruise. On our first cruise, our table mates were wealthy grandparents from Africa (I don't remember the country) with their granddaughter from DC. They had thick accents and spoke softly. I could not understand a word they said. Plus, they were late for dinner every night, to the point of actually missing dinner on the last night as they showed up as dessert was being served. :scared1:

So, I'm thinking maybe I should arrange my own table mates for this cruise. Anyone in this group with Early Seating interested in being our table mates? Its just me and dd10, so anyone with kids 8 - 11 would be ideal. We have reasonable table manners, but are definitely not formal. :) And we do love to eat... :rolleyes1

Thanks!

You know, I'm not opposed to the idea. My husband is deployed, so this is the first time that I have traveled as a solo parent. It might be nice to be with another solo parent in case my littlest needed to run for the bathroom. Still, we are a rather introverted lot. Usually we request to be seated as a party of four with no tablemates, but I'm guessing they won't do that for a party of three. My kiddos both have January birthdays, so they will be weeks shy of 9 and 5 when we cruise. The oldest is in third grade. Maybe we could get a third party to join us? Any other parents traveling solo with kiddos?

Thanks!

You are welcome to join our table. We will have myself, DD (10), DS (6), my friend and her DD (6). We are also eating at the early seating. My name is Stephanie Hines just in case you need that. See you on the cruise. I'm sure our daughters will see each other in the OL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter