• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 18, 2011 - Disney Dream

Hi everyone. I see we have lots of new friends. Welcome aboard. I have spent the last 5 hours finding and saving different door magnet designs. I am excited about making these. Does anyone know someone on the DIS that makes the FE? I have found a few on eBay but I wanted to research all my options. I am not a very creative person or I would make them myself :)

Thanks,

I'm not very crafty either but I took a bunch of pot holders, stapled them together, then covered them with Disney stickers and Disney playing cards purchased at the Dollar Tree. The inside of the pot holders was where we put stuff in. Sounds kinda rough but looked kinda cute. It cost about $8 to make and was fun to do as I had dd organize the stickers and cards.

We have also added to our group Paula & Joey, Mack (DS5), Ashlyn (DD8) Savannah (DD11), Martha & Bobbby, Amy & Jeff, and Dana and Bryson (DS5). This is their first Disney cruise!

Awesome!

Add us to the list. We booked this cruise on board our baltic cruise as a dummy cruise, but since the prices for the dream have gone up so much, we're going to keep it!

slg and dh plus ds16,ds13 and ds10.

This will be our sixth cruise. We are sailing on our fifth to alaska this summer and our seventh will be the 8 day nyc cruise.

Super excited about going on the dream. Not so excited about a 4 day as our shortest cruise has always been 7, and after our 12 day baltic, we're worried a 7 will seem short!

But we're doing WDW for 4 days plus a day at HPL, so I'm sure we'll be fine. We're also going to disneyland this summer so I hope we don't get too sick of all things disney.

(I won't, I'm a disneyaddict, but my boys are starting to tease me)

Look forward to chatting with everyone.

Welcome! Sick of Disney? :confused3 We're actually a little worried 4 nights is too short too, so we're doing 4 nights at WDW beforehand, we switched resorts so we're now staying at the Boardwalk which I heard is beautiful in December.

Add us to the list. We just booked the 12/18 Dream cruise. I can't believe I'm going around Christmas time; it's a first for us. We usually cruise in the Fall because the kids usually have a two week break and it's also cheaper at that time. But I am super Excited!!!!

This cruise will be our 4th. It will only be myself and two of my kids; dd 13 and ds 10. My husband will be overseas and my oldest wants to stay back with other family & friends; she'll be 15 and doesn't like to hang with me too much anymore.

We all are also cruising this summer on the Wonder to Alaska so that's coming up really soon!!

This will also be our first time to Disney World during Christmas holidays. Before the cruise we are spending 2 nights at the Wilderness Lodge which I hear is just beautiful this time of year!!!

I'm sure you'll love it, that's what I heard too. And welcome!!

OK - all newbies are going to get added now....

I just booked our air for this trip! The price was good, from our preferred location, and at ideal times. I was thinking to hold out for a special deal but then we'd have to go out of a further airport and that special deal may not even come...I have 24hrs to cancel since I booked it online. I have a feeling I'll agonize over this all day now.... :headache:

OK, we have less than a month now and our board has been VERY quiet! Is anyone interested in the Texas Meet over July 4th weekend? Let me know!

We can't make it to the Texas meet. Friends coming in from Washington state that weekend. But we will see you in December! Which is getting closer by the second!!

I'm also doing 4 nights at Disney along with this cruise. We are doing our 4 nights afterward (school schedule). We will be staying at Kidani. We will only be doing 2 park days (epcot and mk). I can't wait to make our adr's because it makes me feel like the trip is closer. We will be booking Boma, 'Ohana, Cape May, and Sanaa all for dinner. Prior to the cruise we will be staying 1 night club level at Jambo house. If anyone else is staying at Disney in conjunction with this cruise, where are you staying and what are your plans?

I just booked our air for this trip! The price was good, from our preferred location, and at ideal times. I was thinking to hold out for a special deal but then we'd have to go out of a further airport and that special deal may not even come...I have 24hrs to cancel since I booked it online. I have a feeling I'll agonize over this all day now.... :headache:

We are flying out of Dallas and right now our round trip airfare on AA is about $420 a person. So I am holding out till Air Tran releases their fares. I remember last June when we went on our first Disney cruise the airfare was $200 RT. Wow, what a difference a year makes.

This will be our first Disney Cruise and we are so excited. Our group includes myself, DH and our DD who will turn 10 the day we board. I wish I had a 10th Birthday like that! Looking forward to sharing and learning from all you cruise veterans!!

What a wonderful birthday. My DD will be 10 just 2 days before we sail. This is her birthday present too. We should have the girls meet while onboard. We are staying in room 7690. Are you guys close by?

Air and water (sea) temp should both be around 80 degrees F. Depends what you think is too cold. Both would be great for me! :sunny:

Sounds like my kind of weather. We are from the Dallas area and that is a cold front to us :rotfl2: None the less, it will be perfect with any weather we have.

We are in room 7690, is this really on the tail end of the boat? Are we going to feel the boat move? Also do we have any Dis'ers near our room?

We are flying out of Dallas and right now our round trip airfare on AA is about $420 a person. So I am holding out till Air Tran releases their fares. I remember last June when we went on our first Disney cruise the airfare was $200 RT. Wow, what a difference a year makes.

Usually the rates go down closer to the trip time. We always go this time of year and I have noticed rates usually go down right after I feel like it is too late to chance it...:rotfl2: You may still see rates under $300.

We are in room 7690, is this really on the tail end of the boat? Are we going to feel the boat move? Also do we have any Dis'ers near our room?

It is on the tail end of the boat, but it may not be that bad - the Dream is a smoother ride than the Magic or Wonder - I hear the front of the boat is worse if the waves are high due to the noise of hitting the waves. We are on the 7th floor as well, but more mid forward ship.

Usually the rates go down closer to the trip time. We always go this time of year and I have noticed rates usually go down right after I feel like it is too late to chance it...:rotfl2: You may still see rates under $300.

Well I actually bought our tickets today and they were only $220 a person. We will be staying at the AS Movie from the 15th-18th. DD wants to have a birthday dinner with Minnie so I think we are doing Chef Mickey on the 16th.

We are near you. :) (Room 7684) I'm a bit freaked out about C getting motion sickness...he has that tendency. My mom is on the 7th floor, but more in the middle. We can send C and B to her room if they start getting sick. :rotfl:

C is insisting I use this one...:banana:

Just saw on the Disney Cruise page where our cruise is no longer listed!:eek:
Does this mean it is sold out?! Wow! I haven't been on the boards lately so someone else may have already posted this info, but I am amazed that it would already be sold out and if so, I can't imagine how busy the boat will be!
We did a 5 nighter in 2010 that was sold out and although we still enjoyed the cruise, it was more crowded than we were used to (we are not fond of extreme crowds, which is why we tend to go at non peak times, but have always wanted to do a Christmas time cruise).
We are doing a back to back so hopefully both won't be sold out. Anyway, I'm sure it will still be lots of fun.;)

I just checked and there are now inside cabins available when there haven't been for months. So perhaps they were just loading in some dates.

There are plenty of cabins still available.

Wow! It's amazing what 20 minutes can make! So glad, there are open cabins now! Looking forward to a wonderful cruise.

We are so excited to going on the Dream for the Dec. 18th cruise. We are from the North Texas area and will be traveling with my son, Dillon 13 and Kylie 8. My parents will be there, too....celebrating their 75th birthdays!!!
My husband Jeff and I look forward to meeting friend and havin a blast!

We crusied the Wonder years ago and LOVED IT. We are just wondering about TEEN activities. This teenager stuff is all new to us. ;)

MAgical Sailing!!
Suzanne

Sorry we missed the meet on the 4th!! It was a crazy end of June/beginning of July! We are excited to meet up in Dec!!

We will be joining all of you on this cruise also. It is a surprise for my son (9). All he has talked about is taking a DREAM vacation. So we decided to do it for his christmas gift. He knows nothing about it. Even better his nana will be coming with us and he will be over joyed. We have watched every video he can find on netflix and you tube about the dream. He is so ready to ride the AuqaDuck. We booked this back in Jan. and all we were able to get was a verandah I so wished I could have gotten a cheaper room but it will be a great way for us to spend our Christmas.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I actually decided to change my mind and hold off and the prices are still the same. I've heard people getting good rates for their upcoming trips so I'm going to wait and see...

We will be staying at the AS Movie from the 15th-18th. DD wants to have a birthday dinner with Minnie so I think we are doing Chef Mickey on the 16th.

We're having dinner at Chef Mickey's on the 14th!

Just saw on the Disney Cruise page where our cruise is no longer listed!:eek:
Does this mean it is sold out?! Wow! I haven't been on the boards lately so someone else may have already posted this info, but I am amazed that it would already be sold out and if so, I can't imagine how busy the boat will be!
We did a 5 nighter in 2010 that was sold out and although we still enjoyed the cruise, it was more crowded than we were used to (we are not fond of extreme crowds, which is why we tend to go at non peak times, but have always wanted to do a Christmas time cruise).
We are doing a back to back so hopefully both won't be sold out. Anyway, I'm sure it will still be lots of fun.;)

I think EVERY Disney cruise sells out so don't worry about it being Christmas time. :rotfl:

We will be joining all of you on this cruise also. It is a surprise for my son (9). All he has talked about is taking a DREAM vacation. So we decided to do it for his christmas gift. He knows nothing about it. Even better his nana will be coming with us and he will be over joyed. We have watched every video he can find on netflix and you tube about the dream. He is so ready to ride the AuqaDuck. We booked this back in Jan. and all we were able to get was a verandah I so wished I could have gotten a cheaper room but it will be a great way for us to spend our Christmas.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Sounds great, welcome!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter