• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 18, 2011 - Disney Dream

Really looking forward to this - we also are doing a B2B with the 12/22 Dream cruise. 4 nights is just too short for us.
We would love to participate in a FE exchange - should be fun to put a holiday spin on it!

See ya there! Sooooooo excited!!

While we are sad to have to cancel this cruise, the Magic heading to Galveston will save us a bunch of money. Wish we did not have to wait an extra year though! Y'all have a great time without us :goodvibes

It is so exciting that the Magic will be in Galveston next year! We plan on booking Christmas 2012 on our cruise - hopefully there will still be spots available - if not then I am hopeful for a good TA or state rate on one of the off weeks!

Hello everyone! I would love to be on this cruise but I haven't been able to book yet. I have a reservation on RCLs FOS for the same time but after reading reviews I am concerned that we'll be disappointed. Even though we've been on 6 cruises(2 on RCL), after our Magic cruise in 2009, it's hard to imagine cruising any other line. We are a family of four and so far there are no inside or oceanview quad rooms available and unfortunatley two connecting aren't possibe. I will keep looking and I figured I would subscribe to this thread just in case anyone cancels a quad room and to get to know you guys since, hopefully, we will get on this cruise. Hoping for a little pixie dust. :wizard:

Pixie dust :wizard:, adding you to the tentative cruiser list. Just keep checking regularly, I'm sure there will be cancellations over the next few months. :hug:

Any suggestions on must do excursions? I will have 6 yo with me. Thought about dophin or stingray encounter. Has anyone done this before? :goodvibes

We did the stingray encounter at CC at it was worth every penny and my dd was 5 or 6 at the time... it is very user friendly even for more shy kids the CM really are interactive here.

Hope that helps :D

Add us to the list. We booked this cruise on board our baltic cruise as a dummy cruise, but since the prices for the dream have gone up so much, we're going to keep it!

slg and dh plus ds16,ds13 and ds10.

This will be our sixth cruise. We are sailing on our fifth to alaska this summer and our seventh will be the 8 day nyc cruise.

Super excited about going on the dream. Not so excited about a 4 day as our shortest cruise has always been 7, and after our 12 day baltic, we're worried a 7 will seem short!

But we're doing WDW for 4 days plus a day at HPL, so I'm sure we'll be fine. We're also going to disneyland this summer so I hope we don't get too sick of all things disney.

(I won't, I'm a disneyaddict, but my boys are starting to tease me)

Look forward to chatting with everyone.

Add us to the list. We just booked the 12/18 Dream cruise. I can't believe I'm going around Christmas time; it's a first for us. We usually cruise in the Fall because the kids usually have a two week break and it's also cheaper at that time. But I am super Excited!!!!

This cruise will be our 4th. It will only be myself and two of my kids; dd 13 and ds 10. My husband will be overseas and my oldest wants to stay back with other family & friends; she'll be 15 and doesn't like to hang with me too much anymore.

We all are also cruising this summer on the Wonder to Alaska so that's coming up really soon!!

This will also be our first time to Disney World during Christmas holidays. Before the cruise we are spending 2 nights at the Wilderness Lodge which I hear is just beautiful this time of year!!!

This cruise will be our 4th. It will only be myself and two of my kids; dd 13 and ds 10. My husband will be overseas and my oldest wants to stay back with other family & friends; she'll be 15 and doesn't like to hang with me too much anymore.

Actually, this cruise will be our 5th; the Alaskan cruise is our 4th.

Oh, I wanted to mention that we did the Dream back in March and had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see that ship again!!

Add us to the list. We booked this cruise on board our baltic cruise as a dummy cruise, but since the prices for the dream have gone up so much, we're going to keep it!

slg and dh plus ds16,ds13 and ds10.

This will be our sixth cruise. We are sailing on our fifth to alaska this summer and our seventh will be the 8 day nyc cruise.

Welcome aboard.

We will be in Victoria May 29th and 30th, for one night, before we embark on the Wonder on the 31st.

We sailed with another family from Vancouver Island in 2008 on the east bound PC. (Ken and Windy)

Our goal is to get on the Dream while DD16 (17 when we sail) will still be young enough for the teen club. We too would rather go longer, but a 4-nighter accomplishes our goal and gets us back to Castaway Cay and we could use a beach day.

We hit the Fantasy in June 2012 so she can enjoy its teen club.

The things we do for our children, we're just lucky the adults get to tag along.

Bill

Add us to the list. We just booked the 12/18 Dream cruise. I can't believe I'm going around Christmas time; it's a first for us. We usually cruise in the Fall

We all are also cruising this summer on the Wonder to Alaska so that's coming up really soon!!

Welcome aboard.

We like to cruise anytime we can. We've been on DCL at Thanksgiving and twice around new years and the parks and the ships are all decked out.

Bill, Laura and Katie

I actually forgot that the ship would be all decorated! Now I am even more excited!

I also wanted to do the dream before my 16 year old is to old for the teen club, my 13 year could check out the tween club, and my 10 year old could go to the lab. That way I know all the kids clubs will be checked out by my family!

I live in Victoria, if you want any advice or have any questions, ask away!

Who else is going on an alaskan cruise this summer? And if so, when? We are going on July 12:)

Now I can't wait to see the dream all decked out...yippee!

I live in Victoria, if you want any advice or have any questions, ask away!

The first time we went to Victoria we checked into the Empress on 4-28-91 for our honeymoon :love:. The second time will be 20 years later with a check in on 5-29-11. It won't be quite the same with a 17 year old in tow :rolleyes1 .

Bill

Thanks Clower family. I think we will have to add to the list of things to do. I made final payment on the land/sea trip. Now to book air and excursions. We are soooooo excited.

Okay! We are in.. it is me, my DS 26, my DS 17, and my DD 13. Soooo excited to finally experience the Dream for ourselves and right before Christmas too... looking forward to meeting you all :santa:

Hi everyone. It's great that so many 13 year olds will be going. My twin dd's will be so excited to make new friends in the Edge club. They still have no idea. They think we are going on our annual wdw trip.
:goodvibes

Just a reminder that there will be a July 4th weekend meet in Burleson, TX at Jellystone Park! Hope you can make it, if not we will get to meet you in December!

We have also added to our group Paula & Joey, Mack (DS5), Ashlyn (DD8) Savannah (DD11), Martha & Bobbby, Amy & Jeff, and Dana and Bryson (DS5). This is their first Disney cruise!

Hi everyone. It's great that so many 13 year olds will be going. My twin dd's will be so excited to make new friends in the Edge club. They still have no idea. They think we are going on our annual wdw trip.
:goodvibes

I am not telling my crew either... but my dd is so excited for the edge and she will be glad to have other 13 year olds there too! It is also fun for the kids to play hide and seek on the boat and this one is bigger than the others we have been on so more fun and more decks for hiding!:banana:

Hi everyone. I see we have lots of new friends. Welcome aboard. I have spent the last 5 hours finding and saving different door magnet designs. I am excited about making these. Does anyone know someone on the DIS that makes the FE? I have found a few on eBay but I wanted to research all my options. I am not a very creative person or I would make them myself :)

Thanks,

Hi everyone. I see we have lots of new friends. Welcome aboard. I have spent the last 5 hours finding and saving different door magnet designs. I am excited about making these. Does anyone know someone on the DIS that makes the FE? I have found a few on eBay but I wanted to research all my options. I am not a very creative person or I would make them myself :)

Thanks,

I use a Christmas card holder that I got on the disneystore.com site several years ago and it works great! Before that I used Disney Christmas Stockings. I have also seen many on eBay over the years - there is also a craft type site like eBay - I forget the name, but I know I have seen many hand made Disney type items there. Hope that helps!

OK, we have less than a month now and our board has been VERY quiet! Is anyone interested in the Texas Meet over July 4th weekend? Let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter