Dec 16-22 trip report

joey's mom

Earning My Ears
First time doing a trip report, so bear with me, but I thought I'd share. I arrived on 12/16 at approx. 3:30, and identified myself as a Loews member. Was informed the room wasn't ready. I asked if the welcome fruit basket would be in the room when it was ready, she said she didn't know. Waited around the pool for an hour and went back to the desk--was told the room was ready. Room 1347. The room was very nice, but the fruit basket wasn't there. Ok. We change our clothes and before heading out to dinner I stop by the desk again, she says the fruit will be in the room before 8pm. It wasn't. I had to pick something up in the store, so I stop by the desk at 9pm and ask that the fruit be delivered in the am.
Turn down the bedspread and notice there are many large holes in it. Had a rough sleep because my toes kept getting caught in the holes.
11:00 we head to US. I stop by the desk and let the nice lady know about the bedspread and that the fruit wasn't delivered, and by the way, it's my husband's birthday. When we came back at 8:00, the fruit was there as well as complimentary margaritas and a birthday card. I figured they were trying to make nice nice, and accepted the apology. Spent 6 nights and they never did change the bedspread. Won't be going back anytime soon.

Sorry, it was Royal Pacific. Also, let me clarify about the bedspread issue--it was more than having many holes in it, it was shredded. After I thought about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that it may have been used in a room that allows dogs...really, it was shredded on the underside.

Sorry to hear about the bedspead. How was the rest of your trip? The bedspread must not be the only thing that would keep you from going back.

That was nice that they sent Margaritas and a birthday card!!!

I think that perhaps they should stop with the welcome gift. It seems to bother people more when it arrives late than if they never would offer it in the first place.

Sorry to hear about the bedspread. I always fold the bedspread down before getting into bed...I never lay under it. In the past I've heard that bedspreads aren't changed each time a guest checks out, just the sheets. This is at any hotel, not just Loews, Disney, Hyatt, etc. When I think about it, I've never actually seen bedspreads on the carts that hold the towels, soap, kleenex, etc. Personally, I don't want a bedspread against my skin that has who knows what on it. Ewww. Anyway, I know that was rather random and doesn't excuse the fact that your bedspread had many holes in it.

That's nice that they sent up margaritas and a card in honor of your husbands Birthday...something they certainly didn't have to do. Honestly, I don't think they were trying to "make nice nice". They've gone out of their way like that for me in the past and they've not once heard a complaint out of me. :)

Sorry you had a bad experience. However, I do think it a bit unreasonable to expect the welcome gift in your room within an hour of request. We always get ours, but if we get it sometime during our stay, we are satisfied. Don't let a silly fruit basket ruin your vacation. And how nice of the RPR to send up the extras.

I agree with Damo, perhaps the welcome gift should be stopped, as people do seem to get very upset if it is late.

I am also a bit confused on how your toes got caught in the bedspread, causing a fitful night of sleep? Were you not under the sheets? The RPR beds are double sheeted, so your toes would have had to go through 2 sheets and a blanket to find those holes.

Again, it is too bad you had an unpleasant experience. RPR is scheduled for a major rehab. If it is anything like the HRH and PBH rehabs, it will be beautiful.

Perhaps you could try it again after the rehab. I know I have had some very unpleasant experiences at the Disney Hotels, yet I realized it was an aberration. When I returned, everything was as I thought it should be.

The Welcome Gift is **NEVER** in the room upon check-in. It is usually delivered the first or second night.

We stopped with the Welcome Gift a while ago ... now we opt for the $10 mini-bar credit. (Also, you could've called Star Services directly to let them know you didn't receive your fruit basket instead of stopping at the front desk).

Sorry your stay wasn't all that it was supposed to be. I would have called Housekeeping directly to have the bedspread changed. They'll do it if you request it. I have found that the Front Desk Staff isn't as helpful as they could be with room issues, unless you tell them you want to speak to a manager.

I agree with the others: the margaritas were something sent to your husband to acknowledge his birthday. It was not to make nice. If they wanted to make nice, a manager would have had your room moved, upgraded, or given you an additional discount, if he felt the situation merited it.

Also, if you have a cell phone, they will call you to let you know that your room is ready so you don't have to wait around and keep calling.

They usually send a survey (if they have your email address) shortly after your visit. Did they send you one? If so, did you express these concerns on your survey?

Thanks for posting.

Sorry you had a bad experience. However, I do think it a bit unreasonable to expect the welcome gift in your room within an hour of request. We always get ours, but if we get it sometime during our stay, we are satisfied. Don't let a silly fruit basket ruin your vacation. And how nice of the RPR to send up the extras.

I agree with Damo, perhaps the welcome gift should be stopped, as people do seem to get very upset if it is late.

I am also a bit confused on how your toes got caught in the bedspread, causing a fitful night of sleep? Were you not under the sheets? The RPR beds are double sheeted, so your toes would have had to go through 2 sheets and a blanket to find those holes.

Again, it is too bad you had an unpleasant experience. RPR is scheduled for a major rehab. If it is anything like the HRH and PBH rehabs, it will be beautiful.

Perhaps you could try it again after the rehab. I know I have had some very unpleasant experiences at the Disney Hotels, yet I realized it was an aberration. When I returned, everything was as I thought it should be.

Do you know when RPR is scheduled for mentioned renovations?

yes the hotel does need renovations. Our room was a mess, the carpet was fraying and the bedspreads were terrible. I never saw the hotel room so dirty.

We were at RPR the week of Christmas and had three rooms on the 5th floor in tower 1. The rooms could not have been cleaner and the bedspreads, etc. were in perfect condition. Just to reassure people who may have reservations to stay at RPR - we had a great time and our rooms were great.

We had a wonderful stay at RPR last year and the welcome gift was in our room upon arrival.

I had emailed the loews first manager (or whoever was in charge at that time) to let them know that we would be arriving around midnight. When we got to our king suite upgrade (this had been guaranteed to us upon reservation due to platinum status), the bed was turned down, the music was on and we had a beautiful fruit basket and fiji water on ice waiting for us. We even had nice little gifts on our pillows. That was such a wonderful feeling after travelling and getting in so late.

I was so impressed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter