• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dec 08 Waitlist thread

Well- It does not look like there has been much movement lately.

I just got off the phone with MS. I had a great CM.

I already had a ressie for VWL 12/23-12/28 in a one bedroom. (weekend nights I am paying cash) I am still waiting listing for one bedroom at BCV on 12/30 and 12/31 and I am going to have to pay cash if I do not get it so I called today and waitlisted for the following:

Studio BCV 12/28-1/2
Studio Boardwalk all views 12/28-1/2
AKV all studio views 12/28-1/2

(I know these are all wishful thinking..but hey I can try!)

The CM STRESSED that I continue to call back and check....I think she was trying to tell me something. Anyway- I am going to try and call every other day or so and see if something opens up.

Good Luck to all still waiting!:wizard:

My waitlist came through for 2 studios @ SSR Dec. 3 - Dec. 5:yay: I had a 2 bedroom for that time, but wanted the studios! My vacation is now set : 2 nights 2 studios @ssr then 2 nights 2 studios @BWV:goodvibes

The CM STRESSED that I continue to call back and check....I think she was trying to tell me something. Anyway- I am going to try and call every other day or so and see if something opens up.

Good Luck to all still waiting!:wizard:

Very interesting! I have had some very good CMs when I call (about once or twice a week) and then I have had some that basically tell me that my waitlist is there and seem to be questioning why I am calling.

I called yesterday just to make sure that I was still on the waitlist. She confirmed that I was but said that I didn't have a match yet and that she coudln't tell where I was on the waitlist.

Goodness, I hate to see someone cancel his/her vacation but I am still hopeful for those two days!

I just cancelled Dec 18 2 bdrm. @ VWL

I hope someone from here grabs it !! :goodvibes

Still waiting on Dec 14 & 15.. they checked ALL resorts, still nothing :sad2: waitlisted since May:guilty:

Maybe you are right. I have been trying to figure out why the 7th was so popular since January when I had to waitlist for it.

Because you and I want it....:rotfl: I am wondering if that is the community night for CP, where they have a special preformance for the singer's families.

Just seen that someone has got a 1 bedroom at AKV for Dec 1st staying three nights.

Is the lack of movement here people not updating when their waitlists come through?

Claire ;)

I spoke with a super nice CM late last week. I told her I was making my weekly call to check on availability, even though I'm on the waitlist. I told her I was starting to get a little discouraged since I'd been on the waitlist since Feb. She told me she notices with this time of year, people will make ressie's as soon as the window (11 or 7 months) opens up, even if there's a SLIGHT chance of making a trip.....and then they will wait until the VERY LAST MINUTE to cancel. She sad they do this, esp in Dec from what she's been able to tell, because it's a VERY busy time of year for DVC and hard to get ressie's otherwise. So, she told me to not give up home.....hopefully we will start seeing movement in the next month or 2.

I hope she is correct,the thought of paying cash is not something I am looking forward to.

Airline tickets are all paid for so we are coming one way or another.

I hope she is correct,the thought of paying cash is not something I am looking forward to.

Same with us. I am hoping that by the end of Oct. our two days will come in.

Same here flights paid for and really don't want to have to pack and move for just one night mid stay!

Claire ;)

I spoke with a super nice CM late last week. I told her I was making my weekly call to check on availability, even though I'm on the waitlist. I told her I was starting to get a little discouraged since I'd been on the waitlist since Feb. She told me she notices with this time of year, people will make ressie's as soon as the window (11 or 7 months) opens up, even if there's a SLIGHT chance of making a trip.....and then they will wait until the VERY LAST MINUTE to cancel. She sad they do this, esp in Dec from what she's been able to tell, because it's a VERY busy time of year for DVC and hard to get ressie's otherwise. So, she told me to not give up home.....hopefully we will start seeing movement in the next month or 2.

Hmm, I hope she is right of all of the people with cash reservations. Of course, I hope she is right for me too, but at least I was able to book SSR as a backup.

I think that we all need a lot more pixiedust.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I am wailtlisted for OKW 12/28-1/2/09 -Studio
(I have (2) Studios confirmed)

I was so surprised that I had to waitlist for a 3rd Studio right at the 11 month window....... I've never had this problem before & there was NO
availability at any DVC at the 7 month window. (Need 3 Studios)

What's going on?? I've been a DVC member since (almost) inception (1991) .....it was SO nice when DVC was small and personalized! We vfelt very special .... Now - I think DVC has gotten TOO BIG and too complicated with too many options!!!

We had had 3 studios and 1 BR at SSR last year at Xmas over N.Y's...altho waitlisted to get just what we wanted - everything came thru with no problems!

Good luck to everyone waiting......Our family will still be able to go with just our 2 Studios - I was going to take along some friends if the 3rd Studio came thru.........

Because you and I want it....:rotfl: I am wondering if that is the community night for CP, where they have a special preformance for the singer's families.

... and Me Three and Four (two resorts) ... I still find it strange that there was availability before and after ... sure, some people may offsite or cash on the Saturday, but then why all the availability on Monday night?

These Sunday nights always seem to be the hardest to get ... I know it's the start of the 'low points' part of the week ... but I find it strange that the Saturday and Monday tend to be available when the Sunday is not. :confused3

Very interesting! I have had some very good CMs when I call (about once or twice a week) and then I have had some that basically tell me that my waitlist is there and seem to be questioning why I am calling.

I call back and check regularly as well ... timing is everything and if someone cancels their night and someone else manages to call and request it before the WL Batch runs, they get it and the WL never triggers. :(

Has anyone had any success with Cash?

I call back and check regularly as well ... timing is everything and if someone cancels their night and someone else manages to call and request it before the WL Batch runs, they get it and the WL never triggers. :(

Nope even in Febraury I couldn't get a cash night for the 7th at AKV also tried a few times since and still no joy :(

Claire ;)

Anyone know what time these batches are run?:rolleyes1

but this doesn't seem to sync up with the reports we hear of people gettting rooms....

GOldi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter