• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debut of Glow with the Show WDW - were you there or did you watch stream?

ParrotBill

Yo ho, yo ho, a parrot's life for me
What did you think?

My family turned out the lights and watched it full screen... thanks for streaming DIS!

It looked even better than I imagined. Was anyone there tonight? Did you watch too?

I loved watching this show from home and definitely think the Glow with the Show Mickey Ears added to the spectacle of the performance.

However, we saw WOC at DCA this summer where these same Glowing ears were available. Despite the HUGE crowd, there were seriously only a handful of people with the ears
BECAUSE....

They were for sale at $25 each!!:rolleyes2

For these "debut" shows they hand them out for effect.
But in reality, the effect gets lost due to the lack of interest of the average guest.

Maybe WDW guests will be more willing to buy them?

I was there tonight with my DH, it is the last night of our trip and we are now in the car on the way home. I loved it and can't wait to see it with Wishes and everything else they will tie it to. We decided not to purchase a pair tonight since it our last trip for a while- our APs are expiring and this was our 8th trip in a year. We probably won't be back until we have kids to bring with us ;) (hopefully soon)

Anyways it was interesting to have the film crew there. We had FP+ as AP holders from a previous resort stay. The window was from 6:45 to 7:15 and we arrived at 7 and found 80% of the section full. It seemed like they swapped the Dining package area and the FP+ area since DP was dead center and we were off to the left. Both areas were roped off and monitored.

Anyone in the DP area got a free pair of glow ears since they were primarily the ones being filmed. There were some leftover ears that they gave to people sitting in the front rows nearby, until a gentleman started throwing a fit that he and/or his child did not get a free pair. Everyone else there had to pay for them, which quite a few did but maybe because it was a special night.

Otherwise, we thoroughly enjoyed watching all the ears glow and will probably invest in a pair or two once they have more applications. I can't wait to see the video when I get home.

We watched the live stream too. Thank you for making it available. I don't think that we will invest in them when we go next year. There seemed to be a lot of down time where there was no interaction with what was going on with the show. Plus I can't imagine being up front and having everyone with ears behind us. I know the theatre is so that you can see to the sides of you, but I always tend to watch the show more than everyone beside me. Will wait to see if mute videos are posted between now and it trip. But based on what I saw tonight. I wasn't that impressed. Now if they make them so they can interact with Illuminations..... that would be amazing and I know I would buy them.

I was at the nine o clock show - I got my pair in magic kingdom a few months ago and it was great to bust them out again!

The Florida ears are slightly different. My pair has the button on the ear outside but the ones they sell here have the on button inside the headpiece.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

They're too heavy for my kids head (for them to stay on, not overall weight). They don't balance well and the chin strap is exceedingly long. Also, we were in the "wet" zone at DCA, so the light up ears got put away. I hope to try them out again at WDW.

They're too heavy for my kids head (for them to stay on, not overall weight). They don't balance well and the chin strap is exceedingly long. Also, we were in the "wet" zone at DCA, so the light up ears got put away. I hope to try them out again at WDW.

The chin strap is too short for me :( I rely on the fact that they are heavy enough I don't need to use it to keep it balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The chin strap hurts my face no matter how I adjust it, so during the show I was wearing it with the strap under my nose, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter