Debt Dumpers - 2016

I do this every 1-2 years when my package is set to expire. I have it marked on my calendar that the package expires in April, so I will be calling a week or so before then and asking for my same price to continue. I pay $66 a month for Blast internet and basic cable through Comcast. I never use the cable, but it is cheaper to have the bundle than paying for the internet alone.

Why don't you use the internet through Comcast? Even if you have unlimited data through your phone. The blast is a lot faster or should be than your phone.

Why don't you use the internet through Comcast? Even if you have unlimited data through your phone. The blast is a lot faster or should be than your phone.

I don't use my phone for internet. I said in my previous post that I have Blast internet service through Comcast. It costs me $66 per month for my internet + basic cable package.

Ok, someone share your tips for sending Murphy away.

I was driving home from work Thursday, and an 18-wheeler passed me and threw a rock that chipped my windshield. It isn't a big chip, so I called the repair shop at the dealership where I got my car since I have the extended bumpber to bumper warrannty that covers everything. Doesn't cover full window replacement, and based in the description I gave the repair guy, that's apparently what it will take. It's not a big big chip , but it starred and is about 2 in. wide. Oh well.

Ok, someone share your tips for sending Murphy away.

I was driving home from work Thursday, and an 18-wheeler passed me and threw a rock that chipped my windshield. It isn't a big chip, so I called the repair shop at the dealership where I got my car since I have the extended bumpber to bumper warrannty that covers everything. Doesn't cover full window replacement, and based in the description I gave the repair guy, that's apparently what it will take. It's not a big big chip , but it starred and is about 2 in. wide. Oh well.

I had my windshield crack twice in less than two weeks, so I get it. It just really sucks. But mine was really terrible both times and had to be replaced. No tips really. Stuff happens and we have to deal with it the best we can.

I had my windshield crack twice in less than two weeks, so I get it. It just really sucks. But mine was really terrible both times and had to be replaced. No tips really. Stuff happens and we have to deal with it the best we can.

I know. And I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I managed to go 18 years with no accidents or damage to my vehicle. But this year, whoa! Wrecked/totaled my car in May. Hit a deer in July and almost totaled the new car. Now going to have to replace the windshield. Can't Murphy at least spread some of this out over a couple of years?

Not to mention what it all did to my insurance premiums!!

(I'm just whining a little bit, I know.)

I know. And I guess I shouldn't complain too much. I managed to go 18 years with no accidents or damage to my vehicle. But this year, whoa! Wrecked/totaled my car in May. Hit a deer in July and almost totaled the new car. Now going to have to replace the windshield. Can't Murphy at least spread some of this out over a couple of years?

Not to mention what it all did to my insurance premiums!!

(I'm just whining a little bit, I know.)

I also feel like we have had terrible car karma over the past year or so. Spring 2015, I backed into a pillar in a parking garage. $1000 + insurance rate increase. When DH and I got back from our honeymoon (August 2015), his Acura had a fuel line leak. $500. Then DH hit a terrible pothole that caused a bulge in a front tire, had to replace both front tires. $300. After that, we decided to give the Acura back to his parents and buy his VW wagon, so we now have a monthly car payment we didn't have before. And then my windshield cracked twice. $500. And finally, DH got into an accident with his new car. $1200. We didn't claim insurance for that one because I didn't want our rates to go up any more and it was only $200 more than the deductible.

This is the most I have ever had go wrong with cars over such a short time period. And by far the most money I have had to spend.

I also feel like we have had terrible car karma over the past year or so. Spring 2015, I backed into a pillar in a parking garage. $1000 + insurance rate increase. When DH and I got back from our honeymoon (August 2015), his Acura had a fuel line leak. $500. Then DH hit a terrible pothole that caused a bulge in a front tire, had to replace both front tires. $300. After that, we decided to give the Acura back to his parents and buy his VW wagon, so we now have a monthly car payment we didn't have before. And then my windshield cracked twice. $500. And finally, DH got into an accident with his new car. $1200. We didn't claim insurance for that one because I didn't want our rates to go up any more and it was only $200 more than the deductible.

This is the most I have ever had go wrong with cars over such a short time period. And by far the most money I have had to spend.

Ouch. I hope I don't have that much more go wrong!!

Dayve - did you check with your insurance company? I have had that happen to my car and its covered under my insurance policy. They come right out and replace the whole windshield at no cost to me

@dayvewc , if your insurance doesn't cover it/you don't want to turn it in to them, you might look at Groupon or Living social for your area. There are a lot of windshield deals for my area where it's something like pay $20 for $100 or something like that. Better than nothing anyways.

@dayvewc , if your insurance doesn't cover it/you don't want to turn it in to them, you might look at Groupon or Living social for your area. There are a lot of windshield deals for my area where it's something like pay $20 for $100 or something like that. Better than nothing anyways.

Those deals are usually just for windshield repair, not replacing the whole thing. If the chip or crack is larger than the size of a quarter, it usually has to be replaced. But I guess it is worth looking for deals to help save something.

Those deals are usually just for windshield repair, not replacing the whole thing. If the chip or crack is larger than the size of a quarter, it usually has to be replaced. But I guess it is worth looking for deals to help save something.

Oooh ok. I've only ever done repairs, so that's probably what I was thinking of.

@dayvewc I think my deductible for windshield replacement is pretty low, like $50 or something. Find out from your insurance company. I know you've said you're a teacher...places like Safelite will come to your school and do the work while you're at work.

I'm not sure if they are still in business, but there used to be a window replacement company that had "cash" vs. "check/credit" pricing. The cash price was about 10 - 25% off the check/credit pricing. That's not quite as good as what you are talking about.
I always found it funny. Basically, the cash price was "tax-free" and they didn't write receipts.

I'm not sure if they are still in business, but there used to be a window replacement company that had "cash" vs. "check/credit" pricing. The cash price was about 10 - 25% off the check/credit pricing. That's not quite as good as what you are talking about.
I always found it funny. Basically, the cash price was "tax-free" and they didn't write receipts.

Ha! As the child of two lifelong entrepreneurs, it is true that cash talks. My roofing job I mentioned is the cash price.

@dayvewc I think my deductible for windshield replacement is pretty low, like $50 or something. Find out from your insurance company. I know you've said you're a teacher...places like Safelite will come to your school and do the work while you're at work.

I checked with Flo, and I don't have separate window coverage. The deductible is $500 for comprehensive. I think the quote for the replacement was $350, but it's been a couple days and I'm looking for some other places to price shop .

Well, I had a very pleasant and VERY unexpected surprise yesterday. My mom went by my house to let our dog out yesterday and found the roofer there unexpectedly working on our shed. I had no idea he was coming as I had told him to let me know so I could leave his money there. My mom then tried to give him her money for a small issue he was going to fix on her roof and he refused to take it and told her it was "taken care of." Apparently my brother, after asking me and my mom what the estimates were (which I assumed he was doing to make sure we got a fair deal), called the roofer and told him he was paying for it! :goodvibes

So then, before I could even call my brother, the roofer calls me and tells me I need to pick out a shingle color. We were doing a simple fix that did not involve shingles on our shed, so I didn't know what he was talking about. Well, I had asked him to give me an estimate on redoing the roof of our porch since the pitch was wrong, but told him I wouldn't be able to do that until the spring. He hadn't given me the estimate yet, but I had mentioned to my brother that we were going to eventually have him fix that as well. Well, sure enough, my brother paid for it ALL to be done. :eek::love: I couldn't believe it!! I called my brother and tried to tell him he needed to let me pay him back for it and he refused. I told him I wanted to give him the money for my niece's college fund then and he said no, and asked me to pay some of my bills with the money I had saved and to one day pay it forward to someone else who needs it.

Long story short, my brother is a great person who I am very thankful for! We have always gotten along great, but have gotten closer over the last year as both of us have dealt with some work and extended family issues. I hope before too long the opportunity presents itself to me to pay it forward for someone else who deserves it. In the meantime, I am taking my brother out to lunch on Sunday and putting the $250 saved on the shed towards DH's car!

I checked with Flo, and I don't have separate window coverage. The deductible is $500 for comprehensive. I think the quote for the replacement was $350, but it's been a couple days and I'm looking for some other places to price shop .
Lol, you checked with Flo. :) sorry that it didn't work out though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter