Debra's Revived Double Stroller Swap ***FULL***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Lessing and welcome to our swap. I added you for those dates you gave.

Ladies, we now only have one 4 week gap left to fill

:cool1:

Quick post here:
When I rec'd the stroller I noticed that on one of the seats (can't remember which one right now and it is in my car), the inner material which looks like some sort of hard cardboard is broken in half horizontally at the neck level for my children. It didn't affect us bc my kids are older and we used the stroller mainly as a back up for only one child at a time for most of the time we used it. But, it is as if there is no neck support if a child truly needed it for napping, for example.

Mind you, the fabric keeps the seat together, but you can tell that it is flimsy on that side if you inspect it. I will try my BEST to take some pictures tomorrow morning and get them posted by Saturday. I saw where a new seat is being sent, but I didn't know if that was in reference to this problem or the tear problem and if the seat they are sending includes the inside of the chair or just the fabric. The tear really doesn't appear to be a problem anymore. The stitching job is great!

This stroller is bulky. Is a problem on trams and park entrances. I found it difficult to turn and also it takes up alot of space in a car. I drive a HOnda Pilot and it takes up the entire 3rd row with the seats collapsed. I was traveling without my husband so after a couple of times where I could barely get the stroller on a tram, I started just walking from where I parked my car. Maybe wouldn't be such a problem if I had my husband with me. Only entrance/exit I can remember it fitting through was Hollywood studios.

Still, better than renting through Disney for the price!. I really can't complain.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Disney to all of you. We leave for home tomorrow. :(

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I am axiously awaiting the status of the stroller. I have 2 4 y/o who could very easily be napping in stroller at the same time (that was the hope with the double stroller) Sarahsmom or Nikki do you think this will work? I would like to know ASAP, as I will have to come up with a plan B very quickly.

I guess I took a risk and lost, at least it only cost me $15. I think these swaps are great but it is definatly a 50 50 shot (maybe worse when the swap started 3 months prior to our departure) Anyone considering a swap should definatly keep this in mind!

If I decide not to participate in the swap I will give jaymesmommy Nikki's contact info so they can decide on a handoff location.

Unfortunately I was having problems uploading pictures from Disney prior to my departure & I was hoping it was only temporary. However, now that I am home, I can't upload from my card directly to computer as I usually do. I think my card is only working in my camera so I am going to have to upload straight from my camera and I don't know where that cord is, so I may have to make a trip to Best Buy.....

Anyway, I did get some good shots of the "problem seat" and the "good seat", so hopefully I will be able to upload soon.

Sorry I can't do this right now. But I will as soon as I can.

How tall are your children? You may still be able to use the stroller if they aren't tall. If their heads are below the place where the stroller is broken, the stroller still may work for you.

I noticed the new strollers at Magic Kingdom didn't look like they reclined at all and I was wondering if a child would even be able to sleep in those strollers. Should have taken a picture of that too!

I think there are companies you can rent strollers from, or perhaps get a double umbrella? Sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news. Again, it may or may not be an issue. It would be helpful to see what Nikki thinks.

-Michele

Maybe the reason I found it hard to turn was because the front wheel unlocked? (as it says on 1st page) but I couldn't figure out how to unlock it. So, whenever I had to make a turn, I just put weight on the back two wheels with my hands and that made the front wheel lift up and then I could turn.
So, I feel sort of stupid now.....

I wonder what disney did with the old strollers? Those were sooo nice!

The lock for the front wheel is on top of the front wheel between the wheel and the wheel cover. Right under where the foot rest is. Hope that makes sense. It would be very difficult to handle with it being locked! I can't imagine how discouraging that would be to have it locked for an entire week. It is really easy to control with it unlocked

I am also sorry to hear about the problems with the seat. The new seat cover that is coming should take care of all of that.

We will see as more people return from their vacations and report on the stroller.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Again, what an IDIOT I feel like although I just had it for 3 days & only used it a few hours each day....but even with the front wheel locked, it was worth the $15. Still found it cumbersome to get on & off of trams and through park entrances with exception of MGM/DHS. With another adult, that part would have been easier though.

Above, I am tugging on the broken seat from behind the stroller.

Next, I am pushing the seat forward at the point where it is broken all the way across, which is at the lowest strap restraint.

I am pushing on the top of the seat from the inside of the stroller.(you can see the asphalt below)

It pretty much will fold all the way back although this should be a solid straight surface.

I guess that is my attempt at photojournalism... Odd as it seems, I just asked my two children who are still on Disney time (hence, not sleeping yet) if they knew something was wrong with the stroller and they both blurted out to me that one of the seats was broken at the head/back part. I asked them what they did to make it work and they just said they didn't lean back. Guess it was better than walking around the parks. They didn't complain to me at all although I knew it was broken before they ever rode the stroller. I also knew it wasn't a safety issue for us because of their ages (5 & 6). In fact when we were at Disney, they asked me if we could buy a stroller like that so I could push them around all the time (like they were babies or something).....

Hopefully the "new seat" isn't just a new seat cover! Happy Disney!
p.s. Don't forget about that front wheel lock!:lmao:

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I will let you know when the new seat comes in. In the meantime could someone put a quick fix on it? The seat is about the size of a clipboard. Could someone pick one up and see if they could fix it to the seat somehow to keep it straight. Or an even simpler solution may be to use binder clips to clip the two pieces together. two of the large black binder clips may work. The new seat should correct all of this but INstep said they wouldn't be manufacturing any until January. I will let you know as soon as it comes in.

Yes it is! I went shopping on Friday and now see 4 items a lot cheaper online. I just bought the 4 items from amazon this morning and will return the ones i bought from target for a total savings of $69.41 :cool1:

Still looking for a better price on a few more items and this year we are doing our dirty santa a little different - our goal is to spend nothing on a present so i have been trying to find some things with a 100% rebate offering.

I am going to back out of the stroller swap. My daughter has a sensitivity to loud noises and activity. She will need to be able to lean back and withdraw so to speak so I can't take any chances that the stroller will not be able to be used for laying back, etc. It was a chance I took I know and next time won't bother. I have just booked a stroller thru one of the online places and they are going to deliver it right to my hotel.

I am sorry to hear that Jaymesmommy. I released your dates. I hope you have a wonderful vacation.

Here is a link to the product info page
http://www.instep.net/productInstepPDFFiles/158pdf-1pdf
It shows how to fold and unfold (which is probably common sense) but it doesn't show how to lock/unlock the front wheel. I will just say again that it is under the front fender. If you put your finger under the fender you will feel a lever. I can't remember which position is locked and unlocked but I am sure if you find the lever you can figure it out.

After looking at the product manual and the pics posted of the bad seat, I wonder if just tightening the adjuster tabs to un-recline the seat will help?

I am also going to back out of the stroller swap. The damage is just too great and I know it would be a problem as to how had the broken seat. I will borrow one from a friend of mine. I really did not want to have to carry it on the airplane but at least it is not broken (amazing that it is the same stroller and has lasted 5 years through 3 kids!)
Hope everyone has a great vacation and I wish everyone good luck with the stroller. I will call Nikki and let her know not to drop off at POFQ, I will also try to IM MMMomTo5 to get info. Hopefully I can get her info although it will have to be stored for a month.

I am going to back out of the stroller swap. My daughter has a sensitivity to loud noises and activity. She will need to be able to lean back and withdraw so to speak so I can't take any chances that the stroller will not be able to be used for laying back, etc. It was a chance I took I know and next time won't bother. I have just booked a stroller thru one of the online places and they are going to deliver it right to my hotel.

Hi! I am really not trying to talk you into using the stroller, but would like to stress that one of the seats is perfectly functionable.

My gut would not let me come home without posting the pictures that I took of the stroller, though.

I feel like this stroller must have been broken while it was stored, perhaps by being shoved while it was collapsed (it seems to be such a clean straight break straight across the support although I didn't take the cover off to inspect). I don't know how else it could have broken. And, it was really just by luck that I even noticed it. But once I noticed it, I felt it could be a danger to other children (especially younger)so that is why I reported and posted the pictures.

Happy Disney, Michele

MMMomTo5~ I need your info!!!! I tried PMing you but have not heard back. Does anyone know her name or anything? I could always have Nikki drop off at Boardwalk with her name and dates if nothing else. I do not have many mre days to be checking here so any help would be appreciated!

I called the Boardwalk Villas this morning and was told that they will not hold a stroller for a month. I don't know if the person using it prior to me's hotel will hold it, but I think we are going to drop out too. I truly appreciate being let into the swap, but we really need a stroller and I'd be afraid that it would be nowhere to be found when we get there, then I'd feel responsible, and I also cannot afford the cost of a double stroller at Disney. SInce we're driving, we're just going to tote our double jogger on top of our van, and pray it stays put for the 16 hour drive. Thank you again.

Hey GUys,
I am here now & not having any major problems with the stroller. The brocken back really isn't an issue. Both DD's 2 & 6 have been able to nap in that side with out any problems. We have walked from where ever we parked the car just to avoid taking up too much space on the trams,but it can be done & is easier if you flip the stroller upside down with the wheels up. We hav also beem able to get it in every park gate,you just need to turn the stroller on an angle put the left side wheel first the squeeze the right side thru. We have done this every night with both girls sound asleep in it. If you have any other questions feel free to pm me. Other than it being a bit bulky & space consuming it is working out great. Hope this helps someone.

Nikki

I will glady bring material with me to replace the insert. I am not going to be there until february, so if the new seat is just a cover and does not include the insert, I can fabricate one. the company i work for has real cardboard, not corrugated box material, that I can easily pack with me and shape there. i just need the approximate dimensions before i leave. It is stronger than corrugated, but not hard and inflexible like masonite.
I would hate to see this swap end. If someone could remove the insert and send me a picture with dimensions, I could mail a new insert to a future swapper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter