Debra's Revived Double Stroller Swap ***FULL***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went on all the other swap threads and no one has made a comment about having a red stroller instead of their grey one. The picture of the stroller that belongs to the swap with the umbrella stroller we accidently got..is a single stroller. However, there are pictures of a grey instep stroller on Raindazes' swap but the picture was recent so I believe they still have their grey stroller. That swap also has a tear which they have sewn up. Although they have definatly had more use out of it then we did before it tore.

I would also like to see pictures of the kids in the strollers. I am surprised that no one has done that yet. I have seen some on other swaps (they have same stroller)

I am not concerned with the cosmetic appearance (although I would have liked it as new of condition as possible) but if any of the people before me go and it starts to become a function problem..I want to know. I will make arrangements to bring another stroller so we are not stuck with a stroller we can't use. I think it should just be a common courtesy that if someone thinks it will make the stroller not hold two or even one child they need to let the others know.

Thanks jaymesmommy for PMing me so quickly! Nikki I am still hoping to touch base with you before you leave and I know that is SOON!!

8 day until Chrisann returns from vacation:sad2:

8 days until TSNCS leaves for All Star Sports :laundy:

15 days until sarahs1mom leaves for BCV :banana: :banana: :banana:

18 days until Nlbnikki leaves for All Stars Music :banana: :banana: :banana:

24 days until XRayvin leaves for AK-POFQ :banana: :banana: :banana:

43 days until Jaymesmommy2004 leaves for Coronodo Springs :banana: :banana:

66 days until mrsmagic leaves for Florida :banana:

73 days until DisneyTigers leaves for her vacation :banana:

125 days until MsReneau leaves for Orlando :)

completed trip:

KellyA6
pjzkent
SStaughton
DebraW76
Faindrops27
Parith1114
1LuckyMonkey

Ours is gray with blue trim - just like the photo on page 1. I too was expecting a red one.

I think we once were getting a red one but the delivery date was no good so she ordered from a different source and it was blue? Anyway.

I changed our title to "CLOSED"

The swap is closed? But those of us already paid are still getting to use it, correct? Sorry if that seems like a dumb question, I've never used a swap.

Yes, if you have already paid then you still get to use it. But to cut down on the use we are not letting anyone else use it.

I would also like to see pictures of the kids in the strollers. I am surprised that no one has done that yet. I have seen some on other swaps (they have same stroller)

I am not concerned with the cosmetic appearance (although I would have liked it as new of condition as possible) but if any of the people before me go and it starts to become a function problem..I want to know. I will make arrangements to bring another stroller so we are not stuck with a stroller we can't use. I think it should just be a common courtesy that if someone thinks it will make the stroller not hold two or even one child they need to let the others know.

Thanks jaymesmommy for PMing me so quickly! Nikki I am still hoping to touch base with you before you leave and I know that is SOON!!

You are welcome and I agree with you that if it is not in good shape I want to know so I can make other arrangements. I do not want to get there and not have a stroller to use.

There are several weeks between the dates I will use the stroller and the dates for the user after me. If we are not letting any more swappers in, what do I do with the stroller after I use it?

Thanks!

The best thing is to contact your resort and see if they will hold it for the amount of days you need. Since you and MsReneau are the last two to use it, I would think that if you wanted to let others use the stroller knowing the wear and tear it may cause, you could open it up for storage issues. That is something the two of you need to decide. I guess you have to weigh the pros and cons.
It is unforunate that this happened:sad2: (the tear) but it was a risk we all know getting into the swap. I believe the stroller should hold up if everyone keeps an eye on it and brings something to help if needed. ALso to make sure the people waiting know the condition. For example if it gets too bad before my turn I will bring another stroller..it will not be as easy and my stroller is alot smaller..(my 46inch son will be crunched in there and definatly wont sleep:scared1: )but at least I will have something and I only lost $15.

I think I'm not going to gamble on this one. With the large gap between my dates and the person in front of me, I don't feel comfortable asking the resort to hold it that long and I couldn't really plan on it being there. Plus, my trip is still over 2 months away and it seems unlikely that the stroller will hold up that long.

If someone could remove me from the list I'd appreciate it!

Thanks and good luck!

On good faith, we all paid our $15 and hoped that there would be enough people to fill the swap. I also expected it to remain open long enough to be filled until my January trip, which of course was the original premise.

Unfortunately, the stroller developed a rip. This is undesirable, but let's face it, a ripped $15 stroller is far better than one that will cost us $186 to rent it at Disney. If we close the swap to new people, especially to fill up those dates in early January, myself and those couple of folks after me are SOL. I'm almost positive long term storage will not be an option at the resorts as many have attested that leaving strollers beyond a few days is pretty much impossible (please correct me if you have experienced otherwise).

If the stroller becomes unavailable to us later users not because it was stolen, it is unusable, or it was lost, but because someone who had already used it decided to close the swap down, there are a few of us who won't be happy with that. I'm glad for whoever got to use it on their trips, but to close it when you are done on the premise that it "might" get further damaged really isn't fair to those of us on the end of the swap who are waiting for our turns to use the stroller.

Just my 2 cents... I'm hoping it works out for my trip... I'm just asking you to please not close the swap until those dates are filled in.

Thank you!!

I also think that if the later swappers all agree to keep the swap open then by all means go ahead. It really doesn't affect anyone till after jaymesmommy use. With the gap it could cause a problem, I know that POFQ told me they would hold for a month "or so" so it doesn't hurt to call and find out. You guys do have some big gaps. I say it is up to you:thumbsup2 But I also think it is important that all 3 of you agree to open the swap even though it is ripped. (if mrsmagic will still be part of the swap)

It would be a free stroller to fill so we should be able to fill the gaps if you want.

Mrsmagic~at this point you don't have anything to lose. You have already paid the $15, you could let it play out while looking for a back up plan. If everyone is careful it should hold up. Would you want to open the swap to help fill the gaps?

It's fine with me to offer it freely to anyone in order to fill the gaps.
MsReneau, are you on Board? MrsMagic??

Let's flip that "Closed" sign around to "Free", then!! :thumbsup2

It doesnt matter to me. As long as I have a working stroller to use.

I think that for me I am still going to opt out, but I think my dates will be easy to fill for someone else, especially if it is free.

Good Luck!

DisneyTiger or msreneau~

I think it would be best if one of you took care of keeping track of the swappers. The first page is not going to be able to be changed by you, and I don't know if Debra is going to want to keep changing it. If she chages the status to Free and her into paragraph stating that the first page is not up to date everyone will know and contact one of you will date inquiries.:)

Debra~ please change the thread title to FREE STROLLER MANY DATES end of Dec through March (or somthing like that)

Hello ladies,
I changed the title but I alraedy forgot what it says :lmao: Please check it and see if it looks ok.

January - March Swappers,
I truelly hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did then I am greatly sorry. I asked a week ago what everyone wanted to do and I explained that I shouldn't have a say in it because I have already used the stroller and any decision that was made at this point would not affect me. I kept hearing that it should be closed to cut down on the wear and tear and that is why I closed it. Now, that I have heard you, I have re-opened it. Please continue to post here your opinions so that I know what you want. ok? :hug:

I also liked what XRayVin suggested - if anyone wants to take over the dates I will gladly hand them over. Just let me know. Whoever wants it should probably start another thread and just post here where this thread has moved to. Unless there is an easier way?

I do not want to take over keeping track of the dates!!!!! I joined this swap because of the ease and convenience of sending in my $15 and picking up my stroller when I got to WDW!

I'm glad it worked for those who have already travelled, but for organizers of the swap to "wash their hands of it", so to speak, when their trip is over leaves people like me hanging, people who joined the swap in good faith in the follow-through of the organizers :confused: ... I'm not trying to be rude here, and I hope my tone doesn't come across that way. I was VERY GRATEFUL to those organizers and glad to fill the dates of the swap for them. :hug:

Thank you, Debra for changing the title of the swap to "FREE." Hopefully that will attract enough swappers to fill the gaps.:goodvibes

DisneyTiger,
Please know that I took what you said to heart. I am not trying to wash my hands of this swap though I can understand how it seems that way. When I returned from my trip I was a lot busier than what I thought I would be at work trying to catch up from being gone for a week. I had seen the tear and didn't think it was that bad when I left. When others started expressing concerns about the stroller lasting through March I did ask for help for someone to call Instep and inquire about a new seat and I am very thankful that ChrisAnn stepped up and did that for me. Like I said, I was busier than what I thought I would be but still that was just poor planning on my part.
I only asked about someone wanting to take over the reservation list because that idea had seemed to have popped up several times and I took that to mean that is what everyone was wanting. I don't mind doing this until March - I just wanted to see if anyone else wanted the job. I hope there is no hard feelings.

To Everyone,
I contacted Instep again and they said the same they told ChrisAnn - they are out of stock until January. They did ask if I could send them a picture of the tear in the stroller so perhaps they will work with us in getting this replaced.

TSNCS,
You are the next to go, could you please take a picture of the tear and text it to me on my phone? If yes, then I will PM you with my phone number.

DisneyTigers,
Right now you are the only one signed up for January. If we can get a replacement seat, could i have it sent in your name to your resort and you swap it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter