Debra + Richard's Disney Wedding 2014

i'v got some very good feelings about our stationary :goodvibes. I spent ages contacting local people who design and make stationary and ordered various samples to see what options we had. Thankfully all the emails and research paid off and we narrowed it down to these 2 designs :bitelip:
2013-03-03130339_zps499f58f3.jpg

2013-03-03130322_zps3295829f.jpg

i liked both for different reasons and Richard liked the coloured ones first then after a few days when i asked again he liked the silver one then changed his mind again the next time he was asked. So i showed them to you guys on the swalphin facebook group and some family and friends and again there was no clear winner. So one day we just stared at them until we both agreed on the coloured ones!::yes::
Then it was a case of getting the right shade of purple to match the colour scheme so the woman was lovely and sent us almost all the card samples of purple she had until we found one we were happy with.
So after picking the colour and we secured our date I got the woman to do some luggage label save the dates for us and they came out brilliantly :thumbsup2 the style and colour and font all fit perfectly :cool1:
2013-05-17180043_zpsc1ecf8e2.jpg

2013-05-17180023_zpsa3867961.jpg

2013-05-17180008_zps6acfac1b.jpg

since Richards sister and brother in law have very kindly offered to pay for all our other stationary i decided to order these save the dates myself as a suprise for our guests. They werent too expensive since we only have 9 guests which is made up of 4 couples and our nephew Connor so we decided to get their names on them, get Connor one just for him and then one blank one to go in my keepsake box :goodvibes

The only person i'd told that we'd secured our date was my mum as she needed to transfer the money to me so i could pay the deposit so it was a lovely suprise for everyone else. Naturally my mum had to pick faults. I love her to bits but sometimes she cant just be happy and appreciate something and get excited for it. She moaned they were a waste of money and everyone has already "saved the date" since its all close family and we've already confirmed who is all going and that the names were in the wrong place so it made it look like it was the guests inviting us to their wedding not the other way around but i loved them, loved my sisters reaction as she got all excited, as did Connor when we explained to him what it was so i just :bitelip: kept quiet and let it slide to save an argument.

A few days before the save the dates arrived me and Richard discussed the idea of writing a letter to each of our wedding party attendants asking them to be part of our day and explaining why we were so happy they'd be there. But we'd already asked my sister to be the bridesmaid and her partner to be bestman in person before that and I wasnt sure what exactly Connor would be doing as our pageboy just that we wanted him to feel important and be part of it as he's very important to us both. So because it had kind of already been confirmed and we ran out of time before the save the dates arrived etc we gave the letters a miss. Maybe we might do something similar as part of their thank you gifts that we'll give them at the at home reception we'll see.

Debra
xXx

and finally my tiara :angel: i sent a friend of mine who makes jewellary some ideas of tiaras i liked and she totally pulled it out of the bag :worship: it came out so much better than i could've expected and i absolutely love it :love:
934020_10151530104463241_1244164111_n_zps4e5f8276.jpg

that's a lovely tiara djsmith :thumbsup2

Yay for securing your date. I still have three months to wait and it's killing me! Maybe your guests could go mini golf or explore around the boardwalk area in between!
I like the reception site too! I can't wait to see your dress...take pictures so I can see it! And I am so glad you booked the Arndts! They have fabulous photos!! Sorry I missed your last update. I'm a slacker lol.

so glad i got mine secured the waiting was killing me and when i saw on the facebook group someone had secured a date at the end of june i thought i'd email see if i could get mine too and luckily i did :D :thumbsup2
mini golf is one thing i suggested but i'd b mid day, june heat and everyone will have pretty heavy kilts or dresses on so dunno if its gonna b too hot for that. Fiances mum likes the idea of just wandering round the boardwalk exploring and taking pics etc but my mums not so enthused about that idea so i'm still searchin for something that pleases all.
I cant wait to work with the Arndts :D
dont worry bout missing the updates i'v got some catching up to do on urs as well!

that's a lovely tiara djsmith :thumbsup2

thank you i absolutely love it:lovestruc

So the bottom line is fiances changed his choice of kilt again! first it was the isle of skye tartan, ,then the modern day black watch tartan and now he's decided on the hebridean thistle tartan.:rolleyes2 i thought it was women that were meant to be indecisive lol :scratchin

So we went and actually tried on the black watch and hebridean thistle tartans and it was his choice to change to the hebridean thistle. it looked much better on. So Richard and his best man got measured up then a few days later my dad, Richard's dad and Richards brother in law went and got measured up. Our nephew Connor also wanted his kilt on so he ended up being measured too although he'l have to go back around christmas time and then about a month-2weeks before the wedding to allow for any growing which he will do. (and right now he's desperate to go on jurassic park river adventure in Universal Islands of adventure so he needs to grow another 2 inches before we go! eeek hope he makes it! :crazy2:)

2013-05-16162252_zpsd7344782.jpg

2013-05-16160936_zps6f4df400.jpg

2013-05-16160641_zps87130512.jpg

Richard will have the white sporran as in the picture and the rest of the men will have black leather ones.
Richard originally wanted to wear a sash of tartan over his shoulder like this, to set him apart from the other men.

plaid_zpsf1f70d0f.jpg

bg2301181134995fullfly-purledjpg_zpsd775c881.jpg

but with him wearing the cream shirt instead of the jacket or waistcoat which it will be too hot for the piece of tartan can only stay in place by coming all the way down the front and tucking into the front of the kilt instead of being fixed at the shoulder as pictured which means theres a lot of tartan down his front. He's got time to decide if he wants to ditch the sash or not.

This is both a happy and a sad post! I loved the room that I'd previously posted at the marriott and we almost had the deposit paid and contract signed. Richard wasnt too thrilled with the marriot as he'd only seen it as an empty room, not set up for a wedding reception as i had and as some of you may have seen on the facebook groups he had family moaning in his ear about how much it would cost them in a taxi there and back and that it was far away etc. To be honest all the other locations we'd looked at where about the same distance away and wouldnt have taken any more than 20mins in a taxi which is a pretty decent travel time really :drive:. But with Richards side moaning about the distance and taxi costs and then my mum chipped in about how she thought the room was quite dark and maybe some people wouldnt come because it was "so far" out of peoples way and then the room would look empty and lose atmosphere so we got talked into going to see somewhere local to both us and both our families (bout 10 mins in a taxi for everyone :drive:). As we went to view it we had the contract for the marriott in my bag and were planning on going to pay the deposit after we'd seen this place. But when we seen it it blew us away :faint:! its a beautiful hidden gem called eskmills function suite in Musselburgh, East Lothian Scotland and very close to us all like i said. :thumbsup2
heres the website photos just dont do this place justice though!

http://www.gheventcatering.com/venues/Eskmills/Weddings at Eskmills/

it was a lovely elegant room with lots of windows making it very bright and light and giving the room a great feeling. It had round tables as standard (the lack of round tables at previous venues had been a key factor in saying no to many places) a lounge/entrance area and some comfy sofas between the bar and tables/dancefloor where people could chill or our older family members could relax comfortably. Plus plenty places outside and in for photos with the family who did not make it to florida which will be taken by a close friend of ours who is a photographer just starting up his business. They can also do a slideshow of photos or play our wedding video depending what is back in time. They have a moveable wall partition which means they can make the venue as big or small as needed so it wont seem :crowded: if our numbers increased or too empty if not everyone could make it :goodvibes
I still cant believe we didnt know about this venue and we're so pleased we did find it and now everyones happy ::yes:: its like someone knew we were struggling a little with the marriot and used their magic to bring us to Eskmills pixiedust:
so heres the best pictures i can find

72_zps4a653969.jpg

32_zpsc64901ef.jpg

events-header-img_zpsac54aff8.jpg

eskmills-function-suite1_zpsf5d5ae52.jpg

:woohoo: i can happily say that we've signed the contract, paid the deposit and can confirm our at home reception for 18th July 2014 :woohoo:

It's so epic that your fiancé and all the guys are wearing kilts! Scottish guys in kilts are just about the hottest things I've ever seen. I need to get me to Scotland to find my own Scotsman!

Okay, where to start??? I think your dress is beautiful. I love the neckline and the bling on the hip. That tiara is fabulous! I'm desperately searching for one and I may have to use yours as a model!

Ugh, men! Keith has changed his mind so many times and its starting to tick me off! In glad Richard finally chose his kilt. And it's ordered so he can't change now!

The stationary is also so perfect. I'm glad you got the purple to match.

I am in love with your new venue. It is stunning. I am super jealous of it. It makes all the other venues look bad. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Don't worry about my PJ. I think I only had a mini update or two. A month and a half until I can pencil in my date!!!

It's so epic that your fiancé and all the guys are wearing kilts! Scottish guys in kilts are just about the hottest things I've ever seen. I need to get me to Scotland to find my own Scotsman!

theres definitely something about a man in a kilt ;)

Okay, where to start??? I think your dress is beautiful. I love the neckline and the bling on the hip. That tiara is fabulous! I'm desperately searching for one and I may have to use yours as a model!

Ugh, men! Keith has changed his mind so many times and its starting to tick me off! In glad Richard finally chose his kilt. And it's ordered so he can't change now!

The stationary is also so perfect. I'm glad you got the purple to match.

I am in love with your new venue. It is stunning. I am super jealous of it. It makes all the other venues look bad. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Don't worry about my PJ. I think I only had a mini update or two. A month and a half until I can pencil in my date!!!

thanks Lauren and your welcome to use this one as a model, i'll see if i can find my inspiration pic so u can have both think i have the height specifications somewhere as well lol
It was annoying me as well the only decisions that were left completely to him where the reception venue and the kilts and he did pretty much nothing for both! i did all the research and looking and organising for the reception for him to not really like the marriott and be influenced by other opinions on it then i'v still did the organising for Eskmills he just basically said yes to it the first time we saw it (it is amazing though puts every other venue to shame IMO like u said :lovestru) and then with the kilts he changed his mind so many times and in the end it was his mum who went and got prices and basically after everyone going to the wedding meeting up for lunch one day (minus Richards dad and brother in law and my dad) his mum basically told him we were walking round to the shop after lunch to do the kilts lol think i'd still be waiting on him doing it :sad2: if not for his mum being organised and wanting to get the deposits paid so she could then look to putting money away for the other wedding related things still to be booked like the flights and villa and tickets.

A month and a half will hopefully fly in!!!!

Debra
xXx

We hit the 1 year mark!!!! Cant believe this time next year i'l be in my favourite place getting ready to marry the love of my life!

We hit the 1 year mark!!!! Cant believe this time next year i'l be in my favourite place getting ready to marry the love of my life!

Joining in! (I've been reading your PJ for awhile, I can't believe I just realized I hadn't commented. :confused3)

Congrats on reaching the one year mark!

I love your dress, it's looks beautiful! The shoes are cute, I really love them! I love the kilts! The invites are so cute, I love those little mickey heads! Congrats on the venue find for your at-home reception! Those photos are so gorgeous, that is an amazing find! And I love that tiara, it is stunning! And your wedding ring, gorgeous!

LittleKittyMarie said:
Joining in! (I've been reading your PJ for awhile, I can't believe I just realized I hadn't commented. :confused3)

Congrats on reaching the one year mark!

I love your dress, it's looks beautiful! The shoes are cute, I really love them! I love the kilts! The invites are so cute, I love those little mickey heads! Congrats on the venue find for your at-home reception! Those photos are so gorgeous, that is an amazing find! And I love that tiara, it is stunning! And your wedding ring, gorgeous!

Hi Marie thanks for following along :wave2:

Thanks for all the compliments i feel like everythings finally coming together most of the big things can b checked off :-)!!!! Just the vacation type things like the flights and park tickets to sort now then all the big things will b organised :woohoo:

Sooooo tonight me and Richard have been talking music :woohoo:

we love both these songs for different reasons so we're thinking and hoping we can use the first for our sneakpeak video and the second as part of the longer full video :goodvibes

Talor Swift- Fairytale. To me this just screams disney and disney wedding lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqnrjSFXtE

Spectromagic instrumental. This is a lovely tune and i just want to sing along reminds me of happy times at disney as a child :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyXoH6BUCw4

So heres hoping Paul from PD video can use both songs for us pixiedust:

Debra
xXx

another thing to check off!!!! after a little drama at the travel agents (after booking 6 flights for my side of the family and rich they wanted to put the price up by £200 to book richards side of the family while was only 5seats on the flight! needless to say my mum and richards mum were having none of that and had it out with the travel agents until they cancelled the first booking and we went home and booked it online instead lol) i can now confirm i have flights booked!!! we fly out on the 30th of may and fly home on friday the 13th of june :-)

to do list
-get travel insurance
-book the villas (my mums taking car of this but the couple that manage the villa r on holiday for a few weeks so this will b done when they get bck)
-book discovery cove
-book park tickets
-decide on which disney hotel to stay in
-decide on ceremony details
-decide where to eat wedding dinner
-decide what to do with guests while we're off taking pictures(the plan is to get pictures with everyone round the swan then go to the poly alone with the photographers for pics but some family want to tag along so they have something to do. it would mean they could take pictures too and we'd have some before our pro ones came in for the reception guest book,reception slideshow etc but i dunno if it'd prefer it to b something for just us as a couple)
-book dj for at home reception
-order the rest of the stationary
-book its tasty too for the cake
-book beaute speciale
book cake for reception
-save lots and lots and lots of money

xXx

I love that Spectromagic music you posted! I may have to borrow it for something myself! :goodvibes

Love the to-do list, everything looks organized and right on track! Also glad you sorted out that drama with the travel agents too, that's absolutely ridiculous!

LittleKittyMarie said:
I love that Spectromagic music you posted! I may have to borrow it for something myself! :goodvibes

Love the to-do list, everything looks organized and right on track! Also glad you sorted out that drama with the travel agents too, that's absolutely ridiculous!

thanks Marie i feel organised but not organised at the same time! i know i couldnt believe it they wanted to charge them more for the sake of making the booking 5mins after the first! it wasnt happening lol

Debra
xXx

so i booked the cake for after the ceremony today :D

we're using its tasty too. I emailed them the a picture of the cake we wanted but as a two tier instead of 3 as pictured and they can do it.

we're having 2 tiers of vanilla sponge with strawberry jam filling. Its not fancy but since only 11 of us will be eating it i didnt feel the need to do fancy fillings or spend too much money on it.

Here's the design i sent its tasty too

mickey-minnie_zpsdee401d1.jpg

we'll either have that exact topper or the one where mickey is carrying minnie.

:banana: another thing ticked off yeah :banana:

Debra
xXx

I've been following your PJ, can't believe I never commented! I love the addition of the bling to your dress, and your shoes (I feel like I say that on every PJ, but what can I say, I love shoes!)! I'm really loving that your DF is going to wear a kilt, fabulous. Everything looks great, and I really like that cake design. We're actually going with the Mickey Wave cake. :thumbsup2

charliegirl76 said:
I've been following your PJ, can't believe I never commented! I love the addition of the bling to your dress, and your shoes (I feel like I say that on every PJ, but what can I say, I love shoes!)! I'm really loving that your DF is going to wear a kilt, fabulous. Everything looks great, and I really like that cake design. We're actually going with the Mickey Wave cake. :thumbsup2

hi :wave2: thanks for following along :-)
its just the right amount of bling on my dress for me and the shoes match it great. lol if u love shoes theres not much that would stop u liking all the gorgeous shoes ppl get!
i love that cake but i love the mickey wave cake too! its gorgeous and its actually the cake we plan on using for our at home reception, possibly 4 tiers of it with the silver mickey's and purple ribbon on each tier. hooray for mickey :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter