debit card

I would think that you could as long as it was a VISA and they could run it through just like a visa card...

On board, every charge is made to your Key To The World Card = your shipboard account.

You can pay off the balance of your shipboard account with a Debit Card. Just complete the charge authorization form which comes with your cruise documents with your debit account number, and your charges will be billed to that card.

Denae :sunny:

A big TIP!! if you do use your debit card "even if it has a visa or master card logo" make sure to let your bank know well in advance that you will be using it on your cruise, as the charge comes from the bahamas and most banks have a limit for your safty We found out the hard way, on the last day we were declind after $300 and had to sit on my cell phone trying to get the bank to aprove the charge they thought someone had stollen our card and was having a free shoping spree in the Bahamas!

It might be easier to get the new fangled card that American Express is hawking (they are suggesting it in lieu of traveler's cheques). It works like a debit card but is not linked to any bank account of yours (in case it does get lost or stolen) and is accepted everywhere AmEx is accepted. So it would work nicely on DCL.

We have used our debit card on each of our 4 cruises. However, Empire Day's advice is very, very good. Check with your bank to make sure if they have any daily limits to purchases. One bank we deal with has a $2,000.00 limit over a rolling 72 hour period. Others can be more restrictive. But you bank in most cases can give you a temporary increase to cover you while away. The nice thing about the debit card is that once you've paid with it there is no credit card bill to worry about.

I believe the Amex card mentioned is kind of like the gift card idea. It's pre-paid, you purchase it like you do traveler's checks. Just find a bank of AAA outlet that is selling those along with TCs.

Originally posted by allears
We have used our debit card on each of our 4 cruises. However, Empire Day's advice is very, very good. Check with your bank to make sure if they have any daily limits to purchases. One bank we deal with has a $2,000.00 limit over a rolling 72 hour period. Others can be more restrictive. But you bank in most cases can give you a temporary increase to cover you while away. The nice thing about the debit card is that once you've paid with it there is no credit card bill to worry about.

I believe the Amex card mentioned is kind of like the gift card idea. It's pre-paid, you purchase it like you do traveler's checks. Just find a bank of AAA outlet that is selling those along with TCs.

This is true. I was going to use our debit card to pay off the WDW resort portion of our vacation. Found out last minute that I had a $200/day purchases and $200/day cash limit. Had to write a check and FedEx it to Disney.

They also told me that I could fill out paperwork to increase those limits but it might take a month to go thru.

I will be using my debit card on vacation, but I'll be bringing my checkbook to use onboard the ship. They take checks without any problem. I did it last year without a debit card and they were great.

Thanks Empire Day for the heads-up on calling the bank. I called yesterday and am relieved to know that we are now in their computers for our vacation time. We have a $500.00 per day cash and $2,500.00 per day POS, so I can really go shopping!!:teeth: Now if someone would just put some $$$ in our account to cover that...LOL;)

$2500 a day!!!!!!!!!! That's twice what I spent for 4 people for 7 days.!!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

LOL..tvguy....:tongue: That amount is just what our bank allows, like I ever have that much in there after bill paying!! But, I have heard about the Emeralds on the islands....Hmmmmmmm:earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter