• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debating doing a day trip in the summer...

DaMalfishentQuen

Earning My Ears
Really want to take my mum and brother but would only want to do a day trip. The summer is really the only time we are all free at the same time and I know that this is when tickets are sky high....
So what time of the summer do you think would be the least busiest (if there is one)
I'd preferably like to take the earliest eurostar and then take one (if there was one) after dreams, if not then take cheap (and i mean heap) overnight stay then eurostar back next day. Thoughts and tips please. I have an AP, mum and brother don't.

As French school holidays start on the 6th July going before that if possible would be best I would have thought. Not sure about other European schools but you can have a look under the "Very Useful Information" sticky thread. Not sure how early the earliest Eurostar would arrive but only the AP holder would be able to access EMH although just entering the entrance to the park at 9 would be an advantage as the queues to enter at 10 always look horrendous at peak times. If you had to stay overnight would you then be able to spend some of the second day in the park too?

DaMalfishentQuen said:
Really want to take my mum and brother but would only want to do a day trip. The summer is really the only time we are all free at the same time and I know that this is when tickets are sky high....
So what time of the summer do you think would be the least busiest (if there is one)
I'd preferably like to take the earliest eurostar and then take one (if there was one) after dreams, if not then take cheap (and i mean heap) overnight stay then eurostar back next day. Thoughts and tips please. I have an AP, mum and brother don't.

There are no Eurostar trains after Dreams. You are talking after 11.30pm after Dreams finishes, and the last train from Paris leaves at 7pm and from DLP 6pm. I've got a lot of travelling to Paris to do over the next year and have been researching all options.
You can get the first indirect train just after 6:00am and you will be in DLP by 11:30, the Premier Class (two stops away) is 40¬ a night, and you can return on the direct train the next day. However, leaving it so late for what will be the school holidays you will be paying a minimum of £80 each way for Eurostar, £80+ for hotel and depending on which ticket a neck of a lot more. Its expensive for a "day trip" :eek:
Maybe do what we do and drive over? We get the 3am ferry and are in the park for 9, then take a late ferry back (about 4am) and split the cost (fuel, tolls) between four of us. Much cheaper and you could either sleep in the car or get a dirt cheap hotel out of the tourist area :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter