Debating about car rental for Universal Trip

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm debating about renting a car for a quick solo trip next week. I'm going to be at the Sheraton Universal for a conference that is on Friday and I'm arriving around 12:00pm on Thursday. I'll have Thursday afternoon, Friday evening and Saturday on my own. I return home on Sunday.
Saturday, I was going to walk up the hill to be at Universal for the day, so no car needed then.

I was thinking about getting a car for Thursday so I could go to a beach or explore a bit and drive somewhere for dinner and get a bottle of wine for the weekend. Friday night, I could walk up the hill to City Walk for dinner, but I'm guessing that there would be better and less expensive places within driving distance.

Saturday - at Universal

Sunday, could drive to airport and return car, or hotel offers a shuttle if I don't end up renting one.

I found a great deal for $76 for the three days, but I also have to factor in hotel parking fees too.

The freedom would be nice, but not sure if it's worth the price or the hassle of driving in LA traffic. What would you do?

Is there public transit nearby the Sheraton Universal that I could walk to? Also, beach recommendations that are close to Universal?

Thanks!

There's definitely nothing like having the freedom of a rental car in the LA area, we are renting a car for our upcoming trip which we don't always do. Just so you are aware, the parking at Sheraton Universal is $24/day ($28/for valet a day). For a short trip I might be tempted to just use Uber and shuttles instead.

OUCH! Ok..that settles it. I'm going to just use Uber and shuttles. That's a very expensive parking charge!
Thanks for the info.

The metro is right there. You can easily go to downtown or over the hill to Hollywood. Or Uber it.

Be aware if you are going during the summer, Hollywood Bowl traffic only makes it worst. So check the schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter