• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debarkation time schedules

ladyandtramp

It ALL started w/a Mouse!
Hello fellow cruisers...I searched the threads and didn't see this question answered, so here goes.

What time do they boot you off the boat?
The listed debark time is 9:30 - is that the start, or the end?

Myflight time is 11:30 PM so I want to hang around as long as I can :laundy:

This is for LA Harbor...

Thanks!
Janet

9:30 is the end. That's ideally when they would like everyone off (doesn't always work with the new ships or when they are late clearing customs).

Usually, if customs clears on time, they start disembarkation 7-7:30.

They ask everyone to be off by 9:00, and about 9:15 they start gently but firmly "encouraging" you toward the door.

You have a very long wait for the flight--get a rental car so you are not stuck at the airport all day! Or get a day room at the Hyatt (cost right at $100) so you can use the pool, hang out, etc. while waiting.

I second kcashner's advice - there's a LOT you can do in a day if you have a car.
One suggestion: Drive to Venice Beach, walk around, check the stores, and do a lot of people watching. Then drive to Malibu to check out the pier, the beach, and maybe have lunch. Afterward drive to Hollywood. You could also have lunch here; there are several restaurants in the Kodak Theater complex including a Hard Rock Cafe, which is immediately next door to the Chinese theater, across the street from the Disney soda fountain, and about a block and a half east of the Hollywood wax museum. After you've had your fill of Hollywood Boulevard and the stars in the sidewalk, drive into the Hollywood Hills for closer pictures of the Hollywood sign. Then go visit the Griffith Park Observatory before finding a restaurant for dinner and heading to the airport.

This is just one of dozens of possible itineraries I could suggest. With a car, that last day will be a vacation within your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter