• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Debarkation day choices

aam23110

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
Our flight doesnt leave until 9 PM on debarkation day. Should we get a day room at the Hyatt MCO and ease out of our vacation or spend the day at the Magic Kingdom for a few hours and get our Disneyworld fix before flying home ?
On one hand we can relax and decompress from the cruise but on he other hand we won't be back to Disney until December 2012.
Any suggestions or past expeiences?

When we disembark from a Disney cruise we're so bummed that it's over (even after a 2-wk cruise) that we have to go to the parks for one last fix. It tires us out so we're finally (sorta) ready to return to the real world.

That doesn't happen after other cruises, even tho they're wonderful. There's just something about Disney cruises, and the only cure for the post-Disney-cruise depression is more Disney.

When we disembark from a Disney cruise we're so bummed that it's over (even after a 2-wk cruise) that we have to go to the parks for one last fix. It tires us out so we're finally (sorta) ready to return to the real world.

That doesn't happen after other cruises, even tho they're wonderful. There's just something about Disney cruises, and the only cure for the post-Disney-cruise depression is more Disney.

I totally agree with you on how you feel after leaving a Disney cruise. On this next Disney cruise we are going on, we are going to go to WDW 3 days before we leave just to swim and relax at one of the resorts and then go on the cruise. I have also booked a WDW 5 day post cruise trip with the parks included so I can ease my husband out of vacation mode. We only feel this way (my 20 year old son included) after we leave a Disney cruise.:)

For those that go to the parks after the cruise, what is the earliest you can reach the parks on debarkation day?

I like to go to WDW both before and after! With a late flight, I'd rent a car for the day and go to a park or to Downtown Disney.

For those that go to the parks after the cruise, what is the earliest you can reach the parks on disembarkation day?

If you skipped breakfast and carried your own luggage off the ship and had a car standing by, you could be at the parks by 8 a.m. but that's pushing it. The goal is to have everyone off the ship by 9:30 a.m. and it's about a 70-minute ride from the port to WDW. It pretty much depends on whether the ship is cleared through customs on time, the type of transportation you use, and traffic conditions. And where you stash your luggage before going to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter