Debark the Dream and head to the parks?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
I am trying to get all my plans and dates to line up for this Fall and it is proving to be quite challenging! Is it possible to debark the Dream in the morning and be in Epcot by 9:30? We will carry off our own luggage and eat at the buffet and have our own car parked in the lot waiting for us. It will be a Thursday morning so I am not sure about local traffic and rush hour or how long it will take to park and get into Epcot. We always stay in Disney resorts and take their transportation so I have no idea how parking/walking works out at Epcot in the mornings. We plan to be at a seminar that starts at 9:30 so I cannot make the time later. Would we be taking too big of a chance hoping it all works out smoothly?

I am trying to get all my plans and dates to line up for this Fall and it is proving to be quite challenging! Is it possible to debark the Dream in the morning and be in Epcot by 9:30? We will carry off our own luggage and eat at the buffet and have our own car parked in the lot waiting for us. It will be a Thursday morning so I am not sure about local traffic and rush hour or how long it will take to park and get into Epcot. We always stay in Disney resorts and take their transportation so I have no idea how parking/walking works out at Epcot in the mornings. We plan to be at a seminar that starts at 9:30 so I cannot make the time later. Would we be taking too big of a chance hoping it all works out smoothly?

Personally, I'd say it's a little close. Probably can be done, as long as everything that morning works the way it's supposed to.

It takes about an hour from port to WDW(hoping there's no traffic accidents/road work issues), , so that gives you about 1 hour to eat, disembark, get through customs/immigration, get your car, drive, park and get to the park.

Was on the Dream last fall and we went strait to the Port Orleans and then to Epcot. after we got out of customs. We got off the boat as soon as we could after we eat a quick breakfast and made it to the hotel at about 10:00, took about a half hour to check in and get all of our magic bands. Lines were a little long with a lot of people checking out in the morning. We booked the trip last minute, 5 days before our cruise left so nothing could be mailed to us before hand including our Magic Bands. Had we not had to pick up our stuff at the hotel, we might have made it to Epcot by 10:00

I must be doing it backwards - I am doing the park getting all tired from walking, etc then getting on the Dream to relax.

We have done it both ways. You can get off the ship as early as you can and easily make it into the parks at 9 if you have your own transport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter