Death to this attraction!!

Oh I Love CoP:love: We used to have it at Disneyland when I was a little girl. Then they made it America Sings, with all the charachtars from the Splash Mountain Ride, now it is Innovations.For years everytime I went to MK though, CoP was closed. Just rode it for the first time in about 40 years in 2005. My sister and I got a big kick out of it. Does anyone remember a ride at Disneyland, it was sponsored by Monsanto, and you would shrink down to the size of a molecule? I cannot remember the name of the ride. I love all the "cheesy" rides at WDW, my favorite being Maelstrom in Epcot. My least favorite ride is Star Wars, I get motion sickness.
:sick:

:jumping1: :jumping1: :jumping1: I'm there in just a few days!

Yep, I remember the Inner Space ride -- loved it as a kid. And the People Mover, and the Skyway, and 20,000 Leagues, and CoP -- can't wait to see that again after all these years! Sorry WDW lost Mr. Toad, but come visit him at DL :goodvibes We have to ride the Stitch ride once, because 626 is DH's favorite character, but I'm not expecting much -- and I will try to hold my breath, not looking forward to the infamous chili dog, bleah. :crazy2: :faint:

I SOOOO MISS 20,000 LEAUGES UNDER THE SEA!!!

On another note, we went to DW in 2005 after the IASW refurbishment. My husband made me PROMISE/SWEAR that we would never get on that ride again. There were a lot of rambuncious little kids and the ride kept stopping but the MUSIC kept on going. I had seen the old one and was able to appreciate the new stuff. It's really pretty. He wanted to burn the ride.:scared:

Sounds Dangerous I forgot was even there because we have avoided it for so long.

The classics like ITSW, CoP, Jungle Cruise are the classics and should never go. To me it would be like taking down the Statue of Liberty.

I actually love Tom Sawyer's Island. It is such a different feeling than the busy parks. When I am tired of crowds and need to rest my feet while DD needs to unwind that is the perfect place to go. Only place in MK that they can run around. We have to drag her out of the fort. When we found it for the first time I didn't even know it was there. She had so much fun.

Speedway is a waste of time because the line is always soooo looooong.

Stitch and Tomorrowland Speedway take up a lot of prime real estate in Tomorrowland for these rides. I can't imagine who would even stand in that line at TS for so long to ride that. At least Stitch has a fastpass to see how bad it is quicker and move along.

Sounds Dangerous is bad too but at least it is small, there are a lot of "what the heck are these buildings" in that area and I know that some of them had attractions a long time ago with audience participation.

Stitch. Carousel of Progress. Indy Speedway.

My dd hates IASW, but I love it as a piece of nostalgia from my childhood because my sister and I loved it when we first visited WDW in 1972. I also love looking at all of the costumes.

Stitch. Carousel of Progress. Indy Speedway.

My dd hates IASW, but I love it as a piece of nostalgia from my childhood because my sister and I loved it when we first visited WDW in 1972. I also love looking at all of the costumes.

I didn't like it so much when I was little, but my mom loved it so we would still go on. We went after they reopened it a couple of years ago and she said "we have to go on" and dragged the rest of us on. Not much has changed in the 17 yars since our first rip because I still don't like it. It may just have to do with the age group. Hope all works out!

Sounds Dangerous or better - Totally Stupid needs to go. Indy Speedway just doesnt seem to be special or anything you cant find anywhere else.

My fifteen year-old daughter agrees with the OP. She describes IASW as sappy and boring, so we make her go on it every time we're at MK. :) But she'd most like to get rid of the Snow White ride. On her first visit, when she was five, we'd just done Old Mr. Toad and the line was short at Snow White so we did that, too. She started out scared because it was a 'Scary Adventure' and didn't enjoy it at all. We went on it this year in March (TEN YEARS LATER) and she's still scared of it. She wants Old Mr. Toad back!!!

Dick Taylor

This Thread has helped me cross a couple of things off my list. I AM a IASW Fan though. We did it 3 times last year. My Little guy loved it too and I went went in 1973 when I went with my parents so it is routed in tradition. I do not however get the lines I always see at Indy. I always say to my DH...we have go carts at home...I'm not standing in line for that.

Sounds Dangerous just needs to go. It is so L-A-M-E: LAME!

Star Tours, in my opinion, is in of a desperate overhaul. The technology for the ride is so outdated and almost seems retro (but not in that cool kind of kitchy kind of way).

Here's some things I'd like to see:

Magic Kingdom:
Update the Indy Speedway with characters from the Cars movie.
For anyone who says "death to iasw", Disney gathers their information, and on their next trip, for the first day and last day, they are strapped to one of the iasw's boats with a set of headphones blaring the song. This fun ride lasts from the time the park opens, until it closes, and hopefully on extra magic hours days.

EPCOT:
Not sure if there would even be space, but another country would be nice.

MGM:
Bye-bye Sounds Dangerous, hello new location for Millionaire.
Update of Star Tours, making sure to have Natalie P. and Keira K. in it.
:cool2:
Maybe some sort of Cars or Monster's ride. I've really noticed now with a young son, that MGM has great characters, but not much in the way for attractions for the youngsters.

Animal Kingdom:
Perhaps Disney has a conflicting issue with this, but I'd love to see an area with artic/antartic animals: penguins, polar bears, etc. Although I love the safari, sometimes it's difficult for young children to be able to "find" the animals, whereas more confined areas that the cold-weather creatures are normally housed in really helps with that, and always seem to be a big hit with young kids at zoos. Oh silly me, AK is not a zoo. ;)

Just looking at Indy Speedway annoys me. Way too much real estate and way too much time in line devoted to way too lame an attraction. You can't steer and you can't go above a certain (incredibly slow) speed.

Stitch is also annoying in that they spent all that time and money to create an attraction that just doesn't deliver.

Can't believe they closed down Millionaire, which was still very popular, but Sounds Dangerous remains. I know they planned on using the Millionaire site to do the new Toy Story Mania attraction, but I don't see why they couldn't just build a new venue for the new attraction and keep Millionaire.

Here's some things I'd like to see:

Magic Kingdom:
Update the Indy Speedway with characters from the Cars movie.

I really hope not. I'm sick of Disney doing that (taking a classic and adding a theme from a new movie i.e. The Living Seas is now Nemo ...ugh the new Tiki room.... and don't get me started on Stitch !!!!) I like it better when a new attraction comes and its not an update of an old ride with a new theme....

The only attraction that I can think of that really needs to go away NOW is Sounds Dangerous. :sad2: :sad2:

The Stitch ride at MK is soooooo disappointing.It was better as Alien.Not enough of a change or any excitement really

Lynn :confused3

Innoventions, talk about boring! At Disneyland I would replace it with a show of some sort, it is in that nice Carousel Building.

At Epcot I would replace it with a dark ride (possibly two), perhaps something themed with science and with it's own unique character, like figment at Journey into Imagination with Figment.

MK: Indy Speedway
Epcot: Test Track (most disappointing ride ever)
MGM: Sounds Dangerous
AK: Tarzan Rocks was the one thing here I always skipped, so I'm glad they're trying something new in its place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter