• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Death By Chocolate Recipe Needed

BDDisney

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for the "Death by Chocolate" truffle recipe that was on the holilday dessert thread for Christmas. I made it then and someone wants one for their birthday this weekend and I can't find the recipe.

I bake a 9*13 of brownies, cut them up when cooled. Layer the bottom of a footed bowl with brownies, chocolate pudding, whip cream and crushed heath bars. Repeat this 2 or 3 times depending on the size of your bowl. We love it!

I thought truffles were the little chocolate balls.

I bake a 9*13 of brownies, cut them up when cooled. Layer the bottom of a footed bowl with brownies, chocolate pudding, whip cream and crushed heath bars. Repeat this 2 or 3 times depending on the size of your bowl. We love it!

what is a footed bowl? So would i cut the brownies in thin layers or cubes? Anyone have a picture of this?sounds yummy and easy

what is a footed bowl? So would i cut the brownies in thin layers or cubes? Anyone have a picture of this?sounds yummy and easy

A footed bowl is a trifle bowl. For a trifle you generally want a clear glass bowl with straight sides - footed is for looks.

It will taste nearly the same, but not look as nice, in any old bowl. For this recipe it will probably actually taste the same.

(Trifle recipes are usually soaked in a liquor based sugar syrup with a custard. The straight sides are necessary so the sugar syrup distributes evenly. This doesn't have the syrup, so an ordinary bowl is going to work fine. I put classic trifle recipes in a bowl with rounded sides.)

I'm looking for the "Death by Chocolate" truffle recipe that was on the holilday dessert thread for Christmas. I made it then and someone wants one for their birthday this weekend and I can't find the recipe.

MMMMM...this is what I make for all family gatherings! :)

I bake a chocolate cake, and then break it up. Put the cake in the bottom of a very pretty large glass bowl. Layer on the chocolate pudding and ground up hershey bars. Layer with cool whip. Then repeat. At the top I take hershey bars broken into the little hershey bars (you know how hershey's can be broken into the cute tiny bars...that's what I mean) and stick them in the cool whip at the top to decorate. It is outstanding!

When I think of 'Death by Chocolate', I think of my 'Groom's Cake'. It was a no-flour chocolate fudge cake. It was the only decision that I made for the wedding day and it was a very good one.

OUR'S ALSO HAS CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICE CREAM TOPPING ON TOP OF THE BROWNIE PART. SO, IT IS CHOPPED BROWNIES, THEN FUDGE SAUCE THEN CHOCOLATE FUDGE PUDDING THEN COOL WHIP THEN REPEAT AS MANY TIMES AS YOUR DISH ALLOWS. tHE LAST LAYER IS COOL WHIP WITH CHOPPED HEATH BAR ON TOP. SOUNDS VERY HEAVY BUT YOU WOULD BE AMAZED HOW IT IS NOT THAT HEAVY. ENJOY!!

OUR'S ALSO HAS CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICE CREAM TOPPING ON TOP OF THE BROWNIE PART. SO, IT IS CHOPPED BROWNIES, THEN FUDGE SAUCE THEN CHOCOLATE FUDGE PUDDING THEN COOL WHIP THEN REPEAT AS MANY TIMES AS YOUR DISH ALLOWS. tHE LAST LAYER IS COOL WHIP WITH CHOPPED HEATH BAR ON TOP. SOUNDS VERY HEAVY BUT YOU WOULD BE AMAZED HOW IT IS NOT THAT HEAVY. ENJOY!!

I will have to try this version. It sounds even better since I am sure the sauce soaks into the brownies!

We had our family reunion tonight and I had been looking for a good dessert to bring when I saw this earlier this week - I made it, and what a hit! It was delicious - thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter