• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dear Walmart

clh2

<font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my
On a busy Friday, just before a major holiday - can you please have more than 1/2 your checkout lanes open.
Thank you!

just venting...not that they care what I think!

i avoid walmart for this reason... i have waited 30 mins to check out... never again...

i did find a walmart with virtually no lines though so i would rather drive an extra 5 mins to get to this walmart lol.

Wish it was just Walmart. My routine takes me from Walmart to my locally owned grocery chains every Sunday. It's worst THERE than Walmart. I walked up to one checkstand at the local chain only to be told by the checker that she was closed.....which she intended to be until I pointed out she was the only checkstand open.:sad2:

Yep, Walmart was a nightmare at 8:30am this morning! Target wasn't much better either. I refuse to shop the rest of the weekend!

Our Walmart had every single register open today. It was Lowe's who had hardly any. A gorgeous sunny day, and only 1 register open in the garden dept :(

Our Walmart didn't have long lines, and I would say they had about 12 registers open. I guess we timed it pretty good!

On a busy Friday, just before a major holiday - can you please have more than 1/2 your checkout lanes open.
Thank you!

just venting...not that they care what I think!

If you've got 1/2 the checkout lanes or even close to 1/2, your doing pretty good. Our local Supercenter has around 38 checkouts and even on days just before Christmas they usually have around 4 of them open plus a couple of Uscans.:furious:

Wish it was just Walmart. My routine takes me from Walmart to my locally owned grocery chains every Sunday. It's worst THERE than Walmart. I walked up to one checkstand at the local chain only to be told by the checker that she was closed.....which she intended to be until I pointed out she was the only checkstand open.:sad2:

Isn't that the truth . Why?

When our Walmart has 3 people in each line and the wait looks long, I get on my cell phone and call the store and tell them they need to get more registers open. Never fails. Within a minute they make an announcement for any CSMs available to come check out.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our Walmart in PA has 32 lanes and usually no more than 10 (on a good day) are open at once. Even on Black Friday they are about 75% open.

I never understood why they build stores with so many registers and never use them! Waiting longer to check out than it takes for me to get my entire grocery order is one of the reasons I rarely shop there anymore. Not to mention the store is disgusting. But that's another story.

Corporate is responsible for it most of the time.

DD is a front zone supervisor and they have cashier problems all the time. Corporate cuts hours, so she can't schedule all lanes to be open. It sucks, but there's nothing they can do.

Most of the time I don't mind waiting in line to checkout, and usually just have 1-2 people ahead of me anyway. And I actually prefer to have someone ahead of me, so I have time to get my stuff on the belt before the cashier actually starts checking me out. That way I can be putting my bags into my cart right away.

Our Walmart had every single register open today. It was Lowe's who had hardly any. A gorgeous sunny day, and only 1 register open in the garden dept :(

Our Lowe's only has 2 registers in the garden department.....

Afters months of not visiting Wal-mart, I went there last week. At each end, one less-than-20-item register was open, plus one was open in the center for over 20 items. That's where I had to go. We waited and waited, finally it became clear that the register had some sort of problem that couldn't be fixed without re-booting. (Cashier said it happened the day before, too.) I lost my patience and took my stuff to one of the less-than-20-item registers and explained the situation to that cashier (who pretended she didn't see or hear me). What a horrible place!

My Old Grocery Store would only have two lanes open on a Saturday and one was ran by Uncle Joe (and he was movin kinda slow) thats for the old school Disers

No stores are open here in Ontario. It is a holiday.
tigercat

1/2the registers open would be an improvement at our local Walmart.

My DW applied 16 years ago to work at Walmart at night after our first child was born. She said she would do anything even clean the rest rooms if she didn't have to work a checkout. The interviewer told her everyone must know how to cashier, she refused the job offer.

Our local grocery store only has 12 checkouts and they are all open when the store is busy.

I do my very best not to shop at Walmart ever. If we have 6 registers open or I wait less than 45 minutes, its a good day. Target and the local stores are better so I go there. Sure, occasionally I have to wait at those places but it is rare so I have patience for it. When it became apparent that Walmart would never be an occasional hour long wait but a nearly every single time thing, I quit giving them my business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter