Dear Lord,

~Kathie

Tinker Bell Fanatic
Please bless us in our time of need. Help our leaders to make the right choices in dealing with the tragedy that has befallen our country. Watch over the families of those who have lost their lives, for theirs will be a painful path. Hold close to your heart the many firemen, policemen, service personnel and medical personnel who are risking their lives to save others. Protect us from more harm and give us the strength to get through the difficult times ahead. We humbly beseech you to hear our prayers. Amen.

God Bless America.

Well said Kathie.

May I just add that we also keep in mind our servicemen who have all been mobilized to protect our nation.

Kathie, Thank-you for putting everyone's thoughts into words.......

Leslie

Amen. I would like to add a thought for my Cousin who lives and works a few blocks away and we have not been able to get a hold of today. My brother who works about 15 blocks away has checked in and we are feeling much better but our prayers for all those who are lost or missing are with their familys.

to be steadfast in our resolve to support, care for and offer assistance of any type in any venue to those directly affected as we vainly attempt to make sense of these heinous crimes against our innocent citizens...thank you, Kathie, for your thought provoking request for divine assistance.

Earlier today a newsperson referred to this day as the "second Pearl Harbor"...an attack without warning against unsuspecting Americans...one, as FDR so aptly said, "will live in infamy". I, for one, agree with this reporter and am completely overwhelmed so please understand as I try to express my thoughts.

My hopes, thoughts and prayers are with all of you who live in or near the areas which were so brutally ravaged by the atrocities perpetrated upon the Pentagon and the World Trade Center. The devastation you are witness to is also very much with those of us far away and, as I now leave to donate blood at our nearby hospital, I do so thinking of all of you. Thinking and hoping that none of you needs it but also needing to believe it might help save the life of someone who does.

This is America, this cannot be happening...the thought I'm sure many of us have shared since this treacherous act of cowardice began. But, it has happened and now it's up to all of us to draw strength from whatever source sustains our souls and carry on with pride and dignity, proving that we cannot and will not be humbled. We will weep together, hold each other, mourn the loss of our own and those of our neighbors, and support anyone and everyone who is in need.

We have today been put to the ultimate test. Justice may not be swift in this case, given the extreme sophistication with which these acts of terrorism were carried out, but regardless, as Americans, I hope, we will stand together, strong in our resolve and wait with dignity and honor until these vicious predators are called to account for their crimes.

Jeanie

Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in this country tonight as we witness one of the greatest tragedies we have seen in recent times. Amen for the prayers offered in this thread as I couldn't begin to put into words the shock we are feeling today.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THESE WORDS OF COMFORT.

I AM IN SHOCK.

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO EVERYONE THAT HAS BEEN TOUCHED BY THIS TRAGEDY.

HERE IS TO TRYING TO MAKE THIS WORLD A BETTER PLACE AND HERE IS TO HAVING PEACE.

DARLENE

my daughter, mermie, while trying to make some sense of the devastation inflicted upon us today, sat down and wrote this. I don't know when I've been more proud of her.

September 11, 2001

Nine One – One

911 is the number we call,
But nine one-one is the day we fall.
The World Trade Towers, straight and proud,
All life was destroyed within a dust cloud.
The mourning of many reaches our ears,
While American eyes fill up with tears.
We look to our president to see us through,
His eyes see the destruction of red, white and blue.
“God bless America!” cries from the coast,
Touching the hearts that need it the most.
Peace to those who now die,
As tear-streaked faces look up to the sky.
Cowardly violence has left its mark,
Now many a soul for heaven disembark.
Sympathy to those who now rest,
And to the Americans that did their best

God Bless America.

It was one of the worst days of our lives in America. I was on my way to the doctors when I heard it on the radio.
I really believe I went into some kind of shock. Left the doctors went to a flower and garden shop.
Bought 5 plants (mums) and planted them in our front yard. I had to do thisl and I had to do it on this day.
They were red and white. Red for all the blood and tears they were and will be shed. And white for all the good people who lost their lives.
It is my memorial to them.
God bless everyone and God Bless America.

A moment to pray, from spirituality.com:

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the
house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord." -From the King James Version of the Bible, Psalm 27

"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be
removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee. O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows
of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surely gather together, but
not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created they shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." - From the King James Version of the Bible, Isaiah 54:10-17

"The temporal and unreal never touch the eternal and real. The mutable and imperfect never touch the immutable and perfect. The inharmonious and
self-destructive never touch the harmonious and self-existent. These opposite qualities are the tares and wheat, which never really mingle, though (to mortal sight) they grow side by side until the harvest; then,
Science separates the wheat from the tares, through the realization of God as ever present and of man as reflecting the divine likeness." - From Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, p.

"Truth's immortal idea is sweeping down the centuries, gathering beneath its wings the sick and sinning. My weary hope tries to realize that happy day, when man shall recognize the Science of Christ and love his neighbor as himself, -- when he shall realize God's omnipotence and the healing power of the divine Love in what it has done and is doing for mankind. The promises will be fulfilled." -From Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, p. 55

www.spirituality.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter