DD's Thesis film went viral !

They did well and one yeilded a nice size check which was completely unexpected!:thumbsup2
Did your DD enjoy the pre-college? Mine did not participate in that, but a lot of friends did. We were warned that CA majors lives change at school, we compared it to 4 years of boot camp, lol. We live in IL so we only got to see DD during the summer and Christmas breaks..she still says how so many kids come to FL for spring break(she was working on her film during summers and breaks) to hit the beach~she was 2 miles from it and only got there maybe 4 times in 4 years? They work, and work loooooong and hard but most seem to just know its what they want to do. My DD liked that it is a small school, but boy has it grown lately!

She did enjoy pre-college; loved being with a group where she just fits in so much better. We've known that an art school would be where she would go and that just reinforced it.

I showed her the video and she recognized it immediately, said it was her favorite and very popular with the pre-college group.

She also knows the CA group works very hard, said they said told them that campus parties are often held right outside of the CA building but the CA students don't have time to join in.

Just a few more months before final portfolios, keeping our fingers crossed for a CA admittance and scholarships. She's also applying to Cal Arts and Kansas City Art Institute. KCAI has a really good fine arts program and she'd like to minor in fine arts so will be a tough decision either way.

She did enjoy pre-college; loved being with a group where she just fits in so much better. We've known that an art school would be where she would go and that just reinforced it.

I showed her the video and she recognized it immediately, said it was her favorite and very popular with the pre-college group.

She also knows the CA group works very hard, said they said told them that campus parties are often held right outside of the CA building but the CA students don't have time to join in.

Just a few more months before final portfolios, keeping our fingers crossed for a CA admittance and scholarships. She's also applying to Cal Arts and Kansas City Art Institute. KCAI has a really good fine arts program and she'd like to minor in fine arts so will be a tough decision either way.

Sending good vibes her way.. submitting in October will be here before you know it, and then waiting until March to hear if accepted is a lifetime! DD was acccepted to Ringling as an Illustration major at National Portfolio Day back in fall 2007, but declined it as she wanted to apply as a CA. That was brutal, giving up sure acceptance knowing only 100 students get into the CA program, but it all worked out. She found out late March 2008 to find out she was in. I can't imagine majoring in CA at Ringling and minoring in fine arts...honestly her Jr/Sr years will be insane! However, I think 1 or 2 CA grads this year did minor in something, I remember being floored at the grad ceremony when I heard ANY CA major had a minor. DD only had time to hit some of the Halloween festivities...her freshman year she was in Appleton Hall, (the one that was slated for demo, lol)and each year the dorms decorate as a theme and the kids from the area come and trick or treat. DD LOVES Halloween so no way was she missing it. Other than that all I can say is thank heaven WalMart is 24 hours because DD would get her groceries at 3 a.m., grab a few hours sleep and then do it all over again the next morning. Wal mart was her social life, lol. It will be here before you know it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter