DDs surprised with signed photos!

disneyboundDec08

Mouseketeer
We (23 of us) have been planning a "WDW family trip" for over a year now and we're getting close -- Dec 6th! :woohoo: And the DISers have been better than any book I could have bought. :wizard:

:lovestruc A special thanks to those who posted on how to get a free black and white character photo :lovestruc I wrote 9 letters to 9 different characters 3 weeks ago (we're a big group going) and all character photos arrived last friday! In some of the letters I wrote some would be first timers to WDW and the character wrote "Can't wait to meet you" your friend Pooh Bear. When my DDs photos same (it was a suprise) they couldn't believe it! princess: We're getting sooooo excited and now we have these photos to look at--thanks again

I would post pics of the photos but I don't know how -- sorry

Yes please let us know how to get these. this would be a fantastic way to tell the girls of our surprise trip!

Now it's one photo per letter request -- I heard if you send for muliples photos in one letter they won't do it. And it's its pretty much any character. I was warned that it would take about 6 weeks but to my surprise it only took about 2-3. Good luck! I wish I could post my pics but I just can't figure out how.

Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications
Attn: Character
PO Box 3232
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

:hippie:

Is this only for DL? Or can we get them even though we are booked for DW?

I have 5 kids going!

Dana

No it works for both.

I wrote in my letter we were going to WDW in December and that my DD loved Cinderella and couldn't wait to see her--she sent at photo to "Princess Madison" and Minnie mouse sent one to my other DD. So neat! For the other families in my group -- I wrote a letter saying the the Smith family couldn't wait to meet Pooh Bear in WDW in December. He sent one saying I can't wait to meet you, Pooh. I just put the address that I wanted it sent to at the bottom of my letter. Have fun! :cheer2:

I would love if someone could give me an example of what they wrote in the letter and whether you need to include a self addressed envelope for the photo to be sent in? Can you send one for more than one character? Or is the one letter per household total, or per character? I am taking my two little cousins, 10 and 9, to WDW for the first time and this would be a great way to surprise them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ok, may not be much help, but I did a simple google search and found some info regarding this topic. The most recent post was from Jan 09 so we know it is still working as of then.

There are 2 address to request the photos.

Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications
Attn: Character Fan Mail
PO box 3232
Anaheim, CA
92803-3232

and

The Walt Disney Company
Attn: Fan Mail Dept
500 South Beuna Vista St
Burbank, CA

From what I read, it doesnt matter what address you use, but the Burbank address seems to be the one most prefer (faster). I have no experience yet, but I will request a couple pics for my DDs.

So, how I read it works is you send a request letter to one of the address and ask for the character photo of your choosing. They then mail it back to you, an autographed photo.

Some feel if the kids write the letter themselves, it speeds up the process, but there are no hard facts to this.

There is also a website, http://psc.disney.go.com/guestservices/9242.html, mentioned as to the source of the info, but I could not get it to work. Maybe someone else can and post what it says on there.

So, there you go. Write a letter requesting the photo (1 photo per letter), mail it to one of the address, wait 4 to 6 weeks, enjoy the photo........

Are the princess photos actual face characters from the park or drawings? If it is a face character, my 5 year old would actually see the difference when we go to Disney World in May 2009. She would ask why the WDW princess does not look the same as the photo she received in the mail.

Maybe I will just go with Minnie or someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter