DD's Phone Theft

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
Some of you may remember that my 12 year old DD was mugged for her phone a few months ago. Well, I received a phonecall at 8.00am this morning to inform me that they have caught the men involved! Talk about timing...

Anyway, they want to know if DD can identify them as they are denying it and blaming each other. I have been warned that it could go to Crown Court. DD is adamant that she wants to see this through.:confused3

I have youngest DD's school appeal next Wednesday and my Mum's funeral next Tuesday, I really can't cope with anything else!

Oh, Juliette, what awful timing.

On one hand I agree with your DD not to let them get away with it. On the other hand I'm not sure I'd want to support a 12 year old if she has to appear to give evidence. Have you been given a time scale?

Does she know what might be involved?

Is it likely that she'll be able to positively identify them anyway?

Sending a hug :grouphug:

Oh, Juliette, what awful timing.

On one hand I agree with your DD not to let them get away with it. On the other hand I'm not sure I'd want to support a 12 year old if she has to appear to give evidence. Have you been given a time scale?

Does she know what might be involved?

Is it likely that she'll be able to positively identify them anyway?

Sending a hug :grouphug:

Yes, it is certainly a dilemma. I have asked if she will be able to identify them and she is certain that she can. I asked the PC about giving evidence in court and he said it would be via video link. I would never agree to it unless that was a condition. I have told her to think about it for a week.

Thanks - she seems determined to go through with it. My SIL has reminded me that these things can take an eternity to get to court anyway. I am behind her all the way, but I just worry about potential effects on her.

Hope everything goes ok Juliette, you have so much on your plate right now, hugs for you:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter