DD's Birthday

Toesmom1

Mouseketeer
Going week after Thanksgiving. My DD will turn 5 while we are there. Was thinking GF cause on monorail & they say is nice at Christmas time. Also I hear WL nice too. Do either do anything for a birthday? I was thinking of ordering her the Glass slipper although at 5 she probably won't appreciate it like I will. I want this to be magical for her. She loves Cinderella.

Any of the Monorail resorts are great. You can call the resort ahead of time and order a birthday cake. Also, let the CM know at check in that you are celebrating a bday. Go to City Hall on Main Street and get her a Happy Birthday button. If she loves Cinderella, try for the breakfast in the castle.

I would definitely pick GF for celebrating a birthday of a 5yr old girl. Being on the monorail is as good as it gets and of all the monorail resorts I think GF has the best "fairytale" feel to it. And not only can you do breakfast at the castle but you can do Cinderellla's Gala Feast (we saw Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother and the mice at that) at 1900 Park Fare and/or the Alice in Wonderland tea party -- both are great for girls her age. And for a while there was a reallly special princess party that was also at GF, I think with Sleeping Beauty which was something you could do with her too (unlike the Alice tea party which is kids only). Have fun!!

It was my daughter's first birthday, and we had breakfast at Cindy's. I thought the food was terrible. I didn't even eat much except for the bacon, and fruit.

The experience for my daughter was great. She received a certificate for her first birthday, and they all signed it.
They also brought her out a cupcake with a candle and sang happy birthday to her.

Don't forget to get a birthday button as well.

We were in WDW for our DD's 5th birthday in May - she had a great time! At 1900 Park Fare in the GF, they give all the birthday kids a special "autographed" placemat. They also bring, after your meal is over, a cupcake with a lit candle, and ask everyone in the place to sing "Happy Birthday" to your child. They also gave her a "Happy Birthday" bejeweled tiara to wear. DD requested 1900 PF for her birthday breakfast, and she was very surprised and thrilled!

For her birthday dinner, we ate at Chef Mickey's, where she was given a different "signed" placemat commemorating her special day, and again was serenaded while she blew out the candle on another birthday cupcake - what a day she had! Throughout the day, she wore her birthday button at MK and was given many well-wishes by CM's, even Belle, a young Walt Disney, and Cruella DeVille (during the "Sharing a Dream Come True" parade). She thoroughly enjoyed her special day, and I'm sure your DD will, too! :Pinkbounc

I did a birthday lunch at CP for my DS(3) and brought my own Pooh party hats. You could do CRT or 1900 Park Fare for dinner to do a Cindy party-I know they make Princess party hats too. I had ordered a cake for the party and it was really nice but we had 8 people. I don't think I do a full size cake for just a few people. Birthdays at Disney are very special! And Christmas is too-you'll have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter