DDRD's expire & Disney Gift Cards do not expire

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
If you look at your Chase Visa Disney Reward points you will see an expiration date.

Then if you request a Disney Dream Reward Dollar (DDRD) Card - the dollars on the DDRD card will expire December of the follwing year the DDRD Card is issued.

But if you buy Disney Gift Cards with your active DDRD Card - your dollars will Never expire!

Per an e-mail I received:
Thank you for contacting us with your inquiry. Your Disney Dream Reward
Dollars, loaded onto an active Rewards Redemption Card, may be redeemed
toward the purchase of the Disney Gift Card at your local Disney Store
(in the U.S.), online at http://www.DisneyGiftCard.com or by phone
through Disneyland Merchandise Guest Services at 1-800-362-4533.

Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance.
Sincerely, Disney Gift Card Guest Service

And per the Disney Store website Gift Card FAQ's:
Does my Disney Gift Card expire?
No, the Disney Gift Card you purchased or received is valid for purchases until all remaining funds have been depleted from the card

I hope this helps DISers keep their Chase VISA Disney points active till they need to use them - even if it five years from now ! :goodvibes

Thank you....thank you...thank you! I just returned from a trip to Disneyworld 2 days ago and my DH forgot to present the Disney Reward Dream Dollars card to the hotel at check out and we came home with the $100 card. If I understand your post correctly, I can go to a Disneystore and purchase a $100 gift card. Is that correct?

ccgirl -> Yes as long as the DDRD's are still valid - sound like yours will expire on Dec 31,2010.

Per the e-mail I did receive - if you can not travel to your local disney strore - our closest store is an hour away... you can also do:

an active Rewards Redemption Card, may be redeemed

Thanks for posting, this is good info to have....although I always tend to spend them WAY before the expiration!!!!!:thumbsup2

ccgirl -> Yes as long as the DDRD's are still valid - sound like yours will expire on Dec 31,2010.

Per the e-mail I did receive - if you can not travel to your local disney strore - our closest store is an hour away... you can also do:

an active Rewards Redemption Card, may be redeemed

I will order online as my nearest store is 1 hour away as well. Thanks so much for the tip. I was in tears thinking I was out the $100. I will just put our gift card in our Disney box for our next Disney trip in 2 years. Thanks again for the wonderful tip. You are right - they expire Dec 2010. Thanks again for posting.

ccgirl - have fun saving for your 2012 WDW trip and your 1st savings of the $100 Disney Gift Card !

I am glad I was able to help fellow DISer's.
I have always received great adivce from these boards. I am happy I am finally able to give back. :goodvibes

When I tried to purchase a gift card with disney visa rewards points last fall, the clerk at the Disney Store (in NH) told me that was not allowed and I"d have to use my points on merchandise or lose them. Anyone else have that problem?
Maybe I should try buying the gift card online next time??

When I tried to purchase a gift card with disney visa rewards points last fall, the clerk at the Disney Store (in NH) told me that was not allowed and I"d have to use my points on merchandise or lose them. Anyone else have that problem?
Maybe I should try buying the gift card online next time??

I just "bought" a birthday gift card online using my Disney Visa points. I did have to include a credit card number in case I did not have enough Disney points but I believe that is the norm. I remember having to do the same during the winter holiday when I was using my Disney Visa points to buy gifts. Since the cost of the gift card did not exceed the points available on my Rewards Redemption Card, my credit card should not show a purchase. If the cc does show a purchase I will be back to post the mishap.

Kate

so- if I have 200 rewards points on my Dis visa- do they expire if I don't put them on a card/request them?
Or is it that the request/putting on a card starts a timer with an expiration?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter